Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Here. I got a retcon to make her work. She doesn't reset reality when she dies. When she dies, her powers automatically project her mind back in time to an alternate reality. It's kind of like how Racheal's powers worked in Days of Future Past.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Here. I got a retcon to make her work. She doesn't reset reality when she dies. When she dies, her powers automatically project her mind back in time to an alternate reality. It's kind of like how Racheal's powers worked in Days of Future Past.
    so that would make this an AR Moira and the 616 Moira still dead? Im confused

Spectacular Member

For me that would mean we are reading another version of life 6 at the minute. We have gone from mutants always lose to mutants always win so one version must be an alternative timeline we were or are reading.

Spectacular Member

Is this a time loop the 616 universe is stuck in or is this another timeline?
    Last edited by Houseofhick; 12-10-2022 at 06:30 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    so that would make this an AR Moira and the 616 Moira still dead? Im confused
    Depends what version they finally go with for 616 Moira. Like I said before, it wouldn't surprise me if 616 Moira ended up being a clone.

Spectacular Member

Remember, under this retcon, Moira could have ended the Age of Apocalypse anytime she wanted to.

Once Apocalypse started nuking countries and reduced the population of Japan to single digits, she could have just went "Well, enough of of that," and eaten a bullet.
    Or you could play things out to the end and carry that knowledge with you.
    Last edited by Houseofhick; 12-10-2022 at 06:55 AM.

And now we have the digital series saying that AoA Moira didn't know she was a mutant.

Which makes no sense.

Actually, now that I think about it, didn't Moira die and the AoA timeline continued? I thought the previous timeline got deleted whenever she reset.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Actually, now that I think about it, didn't Moira die and the AoA timeline continued? I thought the previous timeline got deleted whenever she reset.
    Which is another reason why Hickman’s reboot makes no sense. They literally tossed out so much characterization and plots just to shoehorn this in.

So just make two Moira’s. One, who is a mutant going through all this rebirth stuff and one who, in this timeline, is just a regular human with no x-gene. If they can do all this other nonsense, they can make this work as well, we have two beasts running around. Why not make Moira X the other. Moira X somehow made it into this reality.

It can totally be fixed. MacTaggert dies and Moira X usurps the the situation and pretends to be in on this plan which the Shi’a golem and ya da da. Then we can have an actual story where Sean realizes that the love of his life did not actually kill him, but still has to live with the fact that someone with her face did. Yes, yes… I got it all figured out.

They can make up some bs to make it so that Xavier and Magneto had no idea or they can do something to sweep it under the rug along with all the other awful stuff they’ve done.
    Last edited by Rufio; 12-13-2022 at 12:17 PM.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Spectacular Member

And now we have the digital series saying that AoA Moira didn't know she was a mutant.

Which makes no sense.
    Only a few characters jumped over to the 616 universe in the original AOA. So you have a AOA Moira and a 616 Moira that exist or existed in their own universe/Reality.
    One could argue that the AOA Moira is living her 1st life and when she dies that reality will reset. If she died and that reality didn't reset then that is story for another time, if they ever do pick that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    Only a few characters jumped over to the 616 universe in the original AOA. So you have a AOA Moira and a 616 Moira that exist or existed in their own universe/Reality.
    One could argue that the AOA Moira is living her 1st life and when she dies that reality will reset. If she died and that reality didn't reset then that is story for another time, if they ever do pick that up.
    Problem is, she was (and is, even here) shown dying when all the nukes went down, and the timeline continued, with that 10th anniversary and that series where Logan turned into the evil Weapon Omega. According to everything we've seen, that reality should have been deleted the moment she died instead of continuing.

Spectacular Member

Problem is, she was (and is, even here) shown dying when all the nukes went down, and the timeline continued, with that 10th anniversary and that series where Logan turned into the evil Weapon Omega. According to everything we've seen, that reality should have been deleted the moment she died instead of continuing.
    With this new AOA story in X-Men Unlimited you'd expect it to be explained at some point during this arc or another arc down the line.
    I have theory but I would have to go and read everything AOA related to see if it holds up.
    Did Uncanny X-Force have any holes in the AOA story?

Quote Originally Posted by Houseofhick View Post
    With this new AOA story in X-Men Unlimited you'd expect it to be explained at some point during this arc or another arc down the line.
    I have theory but I would have to go and read everything AOA related to see if it holds up.
    Did Uncanny X-Force have any holes in the AOA story?
    Seems to me you can't really do so without overcomplicating Moira's power.

Ultimate Member

Ya know, logistics aside, what annoys me the most about old Moira vs new Moira is that the change basically leans heavily into tribalism.

The old Moira was a paragon of empathy and understanding. Even after her death, she was unique in that role.

The new Moira? Despite all the lip service about her being an important mutant, all she ever was was a plot devise that could have been accomplished any other number of ways.

And human she remained, powers or not, with all her acts of empathy removed, as she acts to tear down the ethno state.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ya know, logistics aside, what annoys me the most about old Moira vs new Moira is that the change basically leans heavily into tribalism.

The old Moira was a paragon of empathy and understanding. Even after her death, she was unique in that role.

The new Moira? Despite all the lip service about her being an important mutant, all she ever was was a plot devise that could have been accomplished any other number of ways.

And human she remained, powers or not, with all her acts of empathy removed, as she acts to tear down the ethno state.
    Is the an ally of the X-men? Then she HAS to be a mutant.
    She's no longer a mutant? Well, then she can't be an ally of the X-men anymore!