Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Agreed. It’s also particularly annoying that the basically resurrected a rare human x-men hero to character assassinate them. All in the name of what a twist.
    This.

Plus, we never once saw her interact with her son or adopted daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Lol funny how unmentioned she was before HOXPOX by casual comic readers but sure jan.
    Well, probably because she was dead, but does that justify turning her into a seemingly completely different character?

Comics fans have a weird obsession with characters being their "property". Moira was prominent but never a particularly 3-dimensional character. And she's been absent from comics for almost 20 years. The powers-that-be cleared and approved this new use of her character and it's time to accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Comics fans have a weird obsession with characters being their "property". Moira was prominent but never a particularly 3-dimensional character. And she's been absent from comics for almost 20 years. The powers-that-be cleared and approved this new use of her character and it's time to accept that.
    "Mutants have been going extinct for nearly 20 years! It's time to respect that!"

And I fail to see how this new Moira is a particularly 3-dimensional character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Accept and like are two different things

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, probably because she was dead, but does that justify turning her into a seemingly completely different character?
    I don't see it as character assassination as much as I see as character development similar to Apocalypse and his journey and progression.

So yeah she may seem different but given the events and revelations of this new age, its expected even if surprising.

I don't see it as character assassination as much as I see as character development similar to Apocalypse and his journey and progression.

So yeah she may seem different but given the events and revelations of this new age, its expected even if surprising.
    There was no development. Everything that happened was a retcon that revealed her entire character was her lying about literally everything.

Apocalypse still feels like the same character, more or less, even if we've had new bits of his backstory and worldview expanded on.

Moira feels like a 100% different character that kind of flies in the face of what she was set up as being.

I have to agree. What a way to ruin a character.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    There was no development. Everything that happened was a retcon that revealed her entire character was her lying about literally everything.
    The development was her being a mutant all along and living nine lives where mutants lose. Then keeping her ultimate goal hidden in the end, it wasnt as OUT there of a conclusion to me.

I had wackier ideas of what would happen to her.

The development was her being a mutant all along and living nine lives where mutants lose. Then keeping her ultimate goal hidden in the end, it wasnt as OUT there of a conclusion to me.

I mean, it's hard for me to read older comics with Moira, especially her with the Legacy virus, and see that as current Moira.

That's not character development. At all. There's no "development" because there's no change, there's only "you thought this character was this, when they were actually this".

This is the equivalent of Cyclops revealing that he could actually control his eyes just fine all this time and was lying about it and calling that "character development".

That's not character development. At all. There's no "development" because there's no change, there's only "you thought this character was this, when they were actually this".

This is the equivalent of Cyclops revealing that he could actually control his eyes just fine all this time and was lying about it and calling that "character development".
    Also Scott isn't a mutant. He got his powers from a science experiment and has been lying about being a mutant all these years.
    And everyone who used various detectors or mind probes to prove he was a mutant was wrong.

You literally just described change and progression though..even with the cyclops analogy, no matter how municiple or insignificant it may seem, its still a change, a new layer of information that even in small ways change how things in stories work or behave

You literally just described change and progression though..even with the cyclops analogy, no matter how municiple or insignificant it may seem, its still a change, a new layer of information.
    That's not "progression" that's replacement!