Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

You know, the thing is with Proteus, I could totally buy that this Moira actually believes that and never cared for him, just seeing him as a tool to be created for her Krakoa plans. Maybe she’s just trying to manipulate him as part of her new iteration as evil mutant hating AI but honestly…under Hickman’s portrayal Id give it better than even odds she just had a kid to ensure Proteus came into being. And that’s disappointing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    What was even her plan when invading Gala anyways? I have a guess that she at least tried to do something to mess with Proteus' power, but if not, was her great plan to just go there, talk **** to him, hope that makes him super sad then leave? And also hope nobody stops her on the way out? 'Cause if someone like Lorna noticed that "necklace" her plans would've ended immediately lol.
    The Five were really out here thwarting Moira's Big Evil Scheme with the power of love.....

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    The Five were really out here thwarting Moira's Big Evil Scheme with the power of love.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    After today's Gala, I wonder if my comment would make you laugh again, 'cause it definitely aged well .

Who knows? She could've spoilers:
    skinned MJ anyways after she came back .
    end of spoilers

Honestly, considering Wells was a Brand New Day writer, it's not that surprising.

Even in early Beyond there were hints that he still disrespects MJ, but current ASM makes it obvious.

Also man, it's funny they're just making Moira more evil over time, she's so cartoonish evil that her eyes shine red now, what else will they do afterwards? Maybe they'll put some spikes on her robot body for her to look more evil too, and maybe reveal that she spent early life 10 eating mutant babies, 'cause it is getting sillier somehow.

What was even her plan when invading Gala anyways? I have a guess that she at least tried to do something to mess with Proteus' power, but if not, was her great plan to just go there, talk **** to him, hope that makes him super sad then leave? And also hope nobody stops her on the way out? 'Cause if someone like Lorna noticed that "necklace" her plans would've ended immediately lol.
    At this point, they might as well give her a cartoonish twirly mustache, monocle and have her end everything she says with ‘Mwahaha’ because she’s really getting that cartoonishly evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    You know, the thing is with Proteus, I could totally buy that this Moira actually believes that and never cared for him, just seeing him as a tool to be created for her Krakoa plans. Maybe she’s just trying to manipulate him as part of her new iteration as evil mutant hating AI but honestly…under Hickman’s portrayal Id give it better than even odds she just had a kid to ensure Proteus came into being. And that’s disappointing
    It doesn't help that pre-retcon he was heavily implied to be a child of rape.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It doesn't help that pre-retcon he was heavily implied to be a child of rape.
    Heavily?

In the Classic Reprint I read, it was all but spelled out.

"When we said our goodbyes in New York. You did more than leave me in the hospital for a week. You left me pregnant."

Followed by her struggling to shoot the man, and then breaking down in her jeep. I've not read the issue in over a decade, but I still remember the scene pretty well (if I'm wrong, someone please inform me).

So this retcon with Proteus basically revealing that Moira actually was 'asking for it'.

Also, I love how Proteus is treated as some innocent lamb, as if he didn't leave a trail of bodies in his wake when he escaped Muir Island.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    "When we said our goodbyes in New York. You did more than leave me in the hospital for a week. You left me pregnant."

Followed by her struggling to shoot the man, and then breaking down in her jeep. I've not read the issue in over a decade, but I still remember the scene pretty well (if I'm wrong, someone please inform me).

So this retcon with Proteus basically revealing that Moira actually was 'asking for it'.

"And the more tasteless the retcon, the better."

The easiest way to resolve this is destroy all the moiras in sinister lab and we find out one moira xgene didn't activate and she only has memories of this particular time line and she gets to go live and be moira. heck you can even do something "deep" like what "once in an X moira had no x-gene." or like a happy ending in that because moira is reborn over and over in X1 she is human and just in the same story pick up where she left off like a blink. walking out, smiling at charles, looking at krakoa and the big looming possible one life becomes just tomorrow. And moira is moira.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-14-2022 at 06:25 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

"And the more tasteless the retcon, the better."
    Heh, heh.

Trump.

That works on so many terrible levels

I feel like how I would resolve the Moira storyline is pick up on the HoXPoX thread about Xavier replacing his own mind and essentially have it established that Xavier reset all of himself Moira and Magneto to not knowing about the other lives and Moira actually thought she was human as part of some plan to ensure things go similarly to her 4th life so that Hope (and consequently Goldballs and Tempus) get born because they need them for the five. Moira running away from the X-mansion in X-Men vol. 2 #3 can be her “awakening”, Xavier and Mags can come later. All the Claremont stories and many other stories are as we saw, and at some point the human, good Moira reasserts herself and fights back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I feel like how I would resolve the Moira storyline is pick up on the HoXPoX thread about Xavier replacing his own mind and essentially have it established that Xavier reset all of himself Moira and Magneto to not knowing about the other lives and Moira actually thought she was human as part of some plan to ensure things go similarly to her 4th life so that Hope (and consequently Goldballs and Tempus) get born because they need them for the five. Moira running away from the X-mansion in X-Men vol. 2 #3 can be her “awakening”, Xavier and Mags can come later. All the Claremont stories and many other stories are as we saw, and at some point the human, good Moira reasserts herself and fights back.
    Or you could have it like, at the end of her last life, a thousand years into the future, before she died and reset the timeline, the machine intelligences figured out some way to infect her consciousness or overwrite it with their own programming....and she unknowingly took their mind-virus back to the start of her personal timeline as well, and over time it gradually wormed its way deeper into her consciousness and decision-making.....in a full mirror of Omega Sentinel and Karima, just as their storyline was a mirror of hers.

And that's why after spending literal lifetimes and centuries fighting for mutants, it was only in the lifetime immediately AFTER she was kept prisoner in an AI-controlled 'zoo' for who knows how long, that she just happened to end up making all these decisions that included a total heel turn against mutants based on the actions of five whole individuals, and jumping ship and turning herself into a machine-lifeform that then sided with Nimrod, Omega Sentinel and their Orchis 'partners' slash stooges.

Some mutants, maybe including Destiny and Emma, as an acknowledgment for their role in pushing Moira to certain actions, figure out via examination of timelines/her consciousness, that this is what happened, and they create a new organic husk for her, work with technopaths to purge the virus from her consciousness, and reupload her mind BACK into a copy of her original mutant body, but now perhaps with her X-Gene modified to give her a different power she can actually utilize and have more agency with, without threatening all of existence just by...existing, and thus puts an end to Moira's endless cycle of lives (which even she was over, she was fine with immortality, it was the seeming futility of always starting over in a Sisyphean loop she hated), and then Moira can finally have a shot at a true Life Ten, living out in the open among mutants, and people who previously knew a VERSION of her, like Proteus and Sean, now having a chance to get to know a new version of her that is more of a true amalgamation of her past lives as well as the corrupted version of herself she was while acting out the machine virus' programming.

(Look, if they can make a whole storyline about how bigotry against mutants is the fault of sentient bacteria, they can fix Moira's character by having a mutant's self-loathing be the result of future AIs hacking her brain with some kind of mind-virus. ITS EQUALITY).
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 07-14-2022 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Or you could have it like, at the end of her last life, a thousand years into the future, before she died and reset the timeline, the machine intelligences figured out some way to infect her consciousness or overwrite it with their own programming....and she unknowingly took their mind-virus back to the start of her personal timeline as well, and over time it gradually wormed its way deeper into her consciousness and decision-making.....in a full mirror of Omega Sentinel and Karima, just as their storyline was a mirror of hers.

And that's why after spending literal lifetimes and centuries fighting for mutants, it was only in the lifetime immediately AFTER she was kept prisoner in an AI-controlled 'zoo' for who knows how long, that she just happened to end up making all these decisions that included a total heel turn against mutants based on the actions of five whole individuals, and jumping ship and turning herself into a machine-lifeform that then sided with Nimrod, Omega Sentinel and their Orchis 'partners' slash stooges.

Some mutants, maybe including Destiny and Emma, as an acknowledgment for their role in pushing Moira to certain actions, figure out via examination of timelines/her consciousness, that this is what happened, and they create a new organic husk for her, work with technopaths to purge the virus from her consciousness, and reupload her mind BACK into a copy of her original mutant body, but now perhaps with her X-Gene modified to give her a different power she can actually utilize and have more agency with, without threatening all of existence just by...existing, and thus puts an end to Moira's endless cycle of lives (which even she was over, she was fine with immortality, it was the seeming futility of always starting over in a Sisyphean loop she hated), and then Moira can finally have a shot at a true Life Ten, living out in the open among mutants, and people who previously knew a VERSION of her, like Proteus and Sean, now having a chance to get to know a new version of her that is more of a true amalgamation of her past lives as well as the ally she pretended to be while acting out the machine virus' programming.

(Look, if they can make a whole storyline about how bigotry against mutants is the fault of sentient bacteria, they can fix Moira's character by having a mutant's self-loathing be the result of future AIs hacking her brain with some kind of mind-virus. ITS EQUALITY).
    or combining the two can say her consciousness is so connected to her xgene because of how many rebirths, which we have seen make mutant stronger via the five rebirths that when she was so suddenly torn from it her mind started to corrode when usually it would disipitate and end up back in the past. mutants end up reaching dominion , we find out with a sudden rebirth thanks to the waiting room and moira is repowered only to find out her xgene is obsolete because mutants have reach dominion effectively making her the "fisher queen" of krakoa.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    At this point, they might as well give her a cartoonish twirly mustache, monocle and have her end everything she says with ‘Mwahaha’ because she’s really getting that cartoonishly evil.
    Well, she wouldn’t need to wear other people’s skins if she went that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Moira’s retcon is complicated enough without adding Xavier on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Moira’s retcon is complicated enough without adding Xavier on top of it.
    Ohh a nice moment to show it's over for moira is when she dies because of dominion she actually resurrects the next morning. so when she dies instead of reliving the past her closure is she is always moving forward. she deserves it.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.