Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

I wonder if the retcon is inevitable lol.

Hell, even if a retcon happens, we don't even know if Marvel will choose Moira X or human Moira as the default personality, though, it'll most likely be Moira X 'cause she's more recent and heavily involved with Krakoa's creation.

I'd guess Moira X would be more likely. I know that, at the moment, she's a mess of a character who doesn't make any sense, but I'm gonna guess Moira was never as popular as she was during POX/HOX.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    lol Gambit #1 spoilers:
    basically creates an out for Moira if wanted to be used. lmao and it would actually make sense.
    end of spoilers
    I was thinking the same thing. Claremont essentially planted a seed so other writers can do a retcon. Plus, it makes sense for Xavier's most dangerous adversary to do some BS behind the scenes and use Moira at that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I'd guess Moira X would be more likely. I know that, at the moment, she's a mess of a character who doesn't make any sense, but I'm gonna guess Moira was never as popular as she was during POX/HOX.
    How exactly do you mean popular, pray tell?

Because as a villain, everyone hates her, I've barely seen anyone who finds her story that interesting, and for someone who associated with the X-Men for so long, she has been impressively ineffective.

I mean, WTF was the deal with Proteus? She has one shot to possibly break the Five, and she whiffs it by disowning him emotionally.

And really, what good is popularity to Moira? She's not being portrayed by an actress in any medium, she's a 2D drawing with no agency beyond what the writers write.

Were she not to appear for 5 years, she'd be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Claremont essentially planted a seed so other writers can do a retcon. Plus, it makes sense for Xavier's most dangerous adversary to do some BS behind the scenes and use Moira at that.
    It would also tie into the hugest shift in the x-lore when the idea of them all comeingtogether first manifested. The muir island saga. Damn it really does work as a good retcon. Because now i'm remember xavier speech to the many factions of x-teams at the time how now was the time to get together. The real twist is in this life 6 months later was 6 months from the muir island saga. or maybe life 11. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Moira was absolutely very popular as a character until Inferno. House of X #2 might be the best single issue in the franchise's history, and certainly the most impactful in decades. But Marvel often takes years to change course, if they do, in part because the stories are written in advance, partially because apparently most writers and editors live in a bubble- they still aparently haven't realized how much fans hate Beast's portrayal now, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Probably not yeah, she seemed to be a fun character before, but characters like this struggle to become really popular, specially in a franchise as big as X-Men with a billion super powered characters.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

Because as a villain, everyone hates her, I've barely seen anyone who finds her story that interesting, and for someone who associated with the X-Men for so long, she has been impressively ineffective.

I mean, WTF was the deal with Proteus? She has one shot to possibly break the Five, and she whiffs it by disowning him emotionally.

And really, what good is popularity to Moira? She's not being portrayed by an actress in any medium, she's a 2D drawing with no agency beyond what the writers write.

While I can't speak for how popular she became after HoX#2, she did seem to be decently liked at least, and the current villain phase is definitely not something people are in general are liking or caring about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Moira was absolutely very popular as a character until Inferno. House of X #2 might be the best single issue in the franchise's history, and certainly the most impactful in decades. But Marvel often takes years to change course, if they do, in part because the stories are written in advance, partially because apparently most writers and editors live in a bubble- they still aparently haven't realized how much fans hate Beast's portrayal now, for example.
    It is genuinely surprising Krakoa era decided to keep Beast's nonsense instead of making him become like he used to be, or at the very least, done down his nonsense lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

By popular, I don't mean beloved or anything. I just mean she's had a higher profile than she ever had before during her POX/HOX run. And yeah, as I stated, she's a mess as a villain. It's really poorly done.

Bit late, but I just found out that Moira skinned Banshee while he was still alive.

Of course.

Incredible Member

I don’t think that news came out until the last issue of Legion. That seems to make her crime immeasurably worse.

Wonder what happens when Moirabot knows about Sinister clones ?!

And Moira apparently "fears true death more than anyone Nightcrawler knew".

Yeah, not like they never saw her spirit after she died way back when or anything. No signs of her being content in the afterlife.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Yeah, not like they never saw her spirit after she died way back when or anything. No signs of her being content in the afterlife.
    But that would require acknowledging continuity!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    But that would require acknowledging continuity!

Well the term 'Trump' seems appropriate in more ways than one.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

How exactly does Nightcrawler know that?

Moira helped fight the MLF, stood down an angry mob for Rahne, locked herself into a vault to cure the Legacy Virus, stared down Upstart Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    lol Gambit #1 spoilers:
    basically creates an out for Moira if wanted to be used. lmao and it would actually make sense.
    end of spoilers
    So basically Moira X is spoilers:
    Shadow King fault?
    end of spoilers