Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Remember, under this retcon, Moira could have ended the Age of Apocalypse anytime she wanted to.

Once Apocalypse started nuking countries and reduced the population of Japan to single digits, she could have just went "Well, enough of of that," and eaten a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Remember, under this retcon, Moira could have ended the Age of Apocalypse anytime she wanted to.

Once Apocalypse started nuking countries and reduced the population of Japan to single digits, she could have just went "Well, enough of of that," and eaten a bullet.
    Wasn't she under the impression that this was possibly her last life? In that case, it makes sense that she wouldn't off herself then; she never completed her lives' goal or learned how to fix everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Well, that just raises the question as to how time travel works, especially considering the AoA timeline still existed as an alternate timeline.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, that just raises the question as to how time travel works, especially considering the AoA timeline still existed as an alternate timeline.
    I've said this before, but it's damn annoying how they treat some of these characters as all knowing.

Destiny knows everything now, even though in her first appearance, she would have caused the worst freakin' future ever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I've said this before, but it's damn annoying how they treat some of these characters as all knowing.

Destiny knows everything now, even though in her first appearance, she would have caused the worst freakin' future ever.
    In fairness, Immortal X-Men has been driving the point that Destiny can't perfectly predict the future.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think we're getting...not original pre HOXPOX Moira, but a "good" Moira back in Sins of Sinister. Someone will wake one up, kill her so she gets sent back and can warn everyone about this before it ever gets out of hand

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I think we're getting...not original pre HOXPOX Moira, but a "good" Moira back in Sins of Sinister. Someone will wake one up, kill her so she gets sent back and can warn everyone about this before it ever gets out of hand
    That's not really Moira though, anymore than Ben Reily is Peter Parker.

True, but it'd be a way to get a pro-mutant Moira back in the picture. I think getting her back to pre-HoxPox is basically not possible but getting one who's a mutant ally back would be something

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    True, but it'd be a way to get a pro-mutant Moira back in the picture. I think getting her back to pre-HoxPox is basically not possible but getting one who's a mutant ally back would be something
    Hey, remember back when Vision was confirmed to have two separate origins for his body that both existed simultaneously and the closest to an explanation we got was "Kang did it"?

It's time travel, they can make up any **** they want.

With the Immortal previews, there's a chance we may be getting spoilers:
    Teen Moira
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Hey, remember back when Vision was confirmed to have two separate origins for his body that both existed simultaneously and the closest to an explanation we got was "Kang did it"?

It's time travel, they can make up any **** they want.
    That wasn't 'the closest we got'.

The issue was clearly explained in Avengers Forever, Immortus used a plot devise to tie two timelines together.

Moira's crap, and much like it, is what's been handwaved

That wasn't 'the closest we got'.

The issue was clearly explained in Avengers Forever, Immortus used a plot devise to tie two timelines together.

Moira's crap, and much like it, is what's been handwaved
    That's not really much clearer? If anything, it shows more how it could apply to Moira!

Ultimate Member

That's not really much clearer? If anything, it shows more how it could apply to Moira!
    The issue was pretty clear, was my point. The 'physics' and internal logic was pretty consistent

Moira is not. She is nothing more than a plot devise, meant to give weight to Hickman's retcons without him putting in a fraction of the work Kurt Buseik did with Avengers Forever and thus, generates needless confusion.

Spectacular Member

Or she could of been the cause and solution at the same time and she knew that.

Spectacular Member

That's not really Moira though, anymore than Ben Reily is Peter Parker.
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if they turn round and say the Moira we all knew before HOXPOX was just a clone.