Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    We still can't say what moira resolve is or that she is 100% evil though. she was placed on the spot with a lot of truths but moira is at a point where she can go either way. I know people are claiming hickman ruined her but as far as the story the only thing that makes her evil is her truth not her actions but she hasn't acted on that truth to our knowledge yet.
    I'm genuinely not sure what you mean.

Astonishing Member

We still can't say what moira resolve is or that she is 100% evil though. she was placed on the spot with a lot of truths but moira is at a point where she can go either way. I know people are claiming hickman ruined her but as far as the story the only thing that makes her evil is her truth not her actions but she hasn't acted on that truth to our knowledge yet.
    I think the way Moira has been painted by Emma,Mystique and Destiny in Inferno, even if we presume she was misread, and misunderstood..it's safe to say Moira has been driven to vengeance by the ungrateful trio. To say that Xavier read the positive side of Moira and Emma conveniently the negative is contrived as hell. Looking back Destiny and Mystique if they didn't set Moira on a dark path they funnelled her to irreversible villainy because despite all the good she tried to do to see mutants win Destiny completely unravelled the one life where she may have been at the crossroads to hope especially if Destiny at least intimated to Mystique that Krakoa was not to be burnt but the one shot at mutants having everything they ever wanted.Instead they decide to throw a hissy fit and now we have an even angrier Moira knowing mutant suppressor agents like the one working on her exist, techno organic virus is the next best thing in human evolution.This epic fail is all down to three (four if you count Doug)genius council members.
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-06-2022 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm genuinely not sure what you mean.
    Nothing in the story has shown moira take evil actions that mean she is a bad person. As far as we know all she has done is sit on the sidelines, share information, and when confronted admit she still wants to be human and thinks mutants should be cured. So so far moira hasnt done anything where she can't go back to being an ally. It's all on her is she going to be happy she is a human and resume her works of helping people or is she going to make it her life mission to take other people choice away and a situation that for all intents and purposes she is actually free of now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Nothing in the story has shown moira take evil actions that mean she is a bad person. As far as we know all she has done is sit on the sidelines, share information, and when confronted admit she still wants to be human and thinks mutants should be cured. So so far moira hasnt done anything where she can't go back to being an ally. It's all on her is she going to be happy she is a human and resume her works of helping people or is she going to make it her life mission to take other people choice away and a situation that for all intents and purposes she is actually free of now.
    Didn't she already make a cure to prevent X-gene appearing let alone activating? We don't know if she was bluffing but my hunch is if it happened, she did it in life 6 would be a reason why she was spared destruction by HN both living in a little mutant remnant 'zoo' and singled out for being taken off world by the librarian before the Phalanx came, with her being grafted with Phalanx physiology now is either the bitter twist of irony or actually her plan all along.I mean she gave Xavier all sorts of ideas , it wouldn't be a stretch to think she knew Doug would be key to Krakoa and her getting her hands on whatever Warlock is made of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Didn't she already make a cure to prevent X-gene appearing let alone activating? We don't know if she was bluffing but my hunch is if it happened, she did it in life 6 would be a reason why she was spared destruction by HN both living in a little mutant remnant 'zoo' and singled out for being taken off world by the librarian before the Phalanx came, with her being grafted with Phalanx physiology now is either the bitter twist of irony or actually her plan all along.I mean she gave Xavier all sorts of ideas , it wouldn't be a stretch to think she knew Doug would be key to Krakoa and her getting her hands on whatever Warlock is made of.
    She made a cure for herself at that point but Moira has not been seen curing anyone against their will thereby she hasn't actually done anything bad or evil. I mean like actual actions. All she did was speak her personal truth.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

She made a cure for herself at that point but Moira has not been seen curing anyone against their will thereby she hasn't actually done anything bad or evil. I mean like actual actions. All she did was speak her personal truth.
    Isn't the whole point that she was PLANNING to cure mutants against their will?

All-New Member

Candy southern maybeeeeee?

Isn't the whole point that she was PLANNING to cure mutants against their will?
    Nothing in the issue said she was actively planning on doing that. we did not see her in a lab making a cure or anything. All she said was she believed mutants should be cured and cured before they knew they were mutants. She comes off like a person with no self awareness but not evil. Just the logic behind the best way to make everyone equal is to get rid of individuality before they realize what it feels like is cray cray but not evil.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Well I can agree with you in as far as we haven't seen this cure, just hear about it, but looked another way we know she didn't use it on herself that is why she was being de-powered by Mystique in life 10 , but if she didn't use it on herself how does she know it is effective and works? To be that adamant supposes she did 'clinical trials'. Looking at this story I am at pains to see Moira yet to make a choice, with all her lives her choice is already made, if not finally given to her by Destiny's and Mystique's bizzare animus towards her despite them setting her down this very path to help mutant survival and her finding the 'silver bullet' -unity of purpose on Krakoa

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Instead we have countless instances of "If this character knew so much the whole time then why did they _____?"

Having a character that was off screen most of the time would have actually worked better. It would have meant they things they were doing weren't contradicting the things we were seeing them do.
    But Moira was off screen most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But Moira was off screen most of the time.
    But we're told what she was doing when she was off-screen.

I dunno if this was said, but maybe take out the resurrection point all together. Destiny has her journals, maybe Xavier and Magneto use that as a template. Plus it gets rid of the extra Karima, so we don’t have another evil extra of a good person floating around in universe.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

But we're told what she was doing when she was off-screen.
    Doesn't matter. Character that was off-screen doing research or whatever turns out was doing more than just this isn't that big a change.

Anya Lehnsherr, Magneto's oldest daughter, just reveal that she faked her death in this timeline, her desire was to help her family and mutants win this time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Wanda Maximoff. Of course then you wouldn't have had the Trial Of Magneto.
    Please use actual X-characters as plot device for X-stories.