Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Selina Kyle: Catwoman 2022 Appreciation Thread

Selina Kyle / Catwoman Appreciation Thread

Come and celebrate the iconic character in this thread. With The Batman coming this year, it'll be fun year for any Cat fan!

Happy New Year to the Feline Femme Fatale and her fans .

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Glen Brogan.

Purr-Fect-Catwoman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Interesting Harvey Dent badge...

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post

I hope she gets a better mask in the movie or the sequel. This one makes my nose itch. Can you imagine that material brushing against your nose and the threads constantly going up your nose?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I dont understand why Bats can be "fully realized" but she cant be? It hides nothing but her nose.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I hope she gets a better mask in the movie or the sequel. This one makes my nose itch. Can you imagine that material brushing against your nose and the threads constantly going up your nose?
    Well, she's going from burglar to super-criminal, so there will probably be growing pains...
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I dont understand why Bats can be "fully realized" but she cant be? It hides nothing but her nose.
    I wouldn't say in the context of the movie Batman is fully realized. They've made it a point to display how flawed in execution Pattinsons' Batman is supposed to be and he isn't quite "there" on the level of traditional Batman.

This is the first time she's showing up in the context of the story or universe so that's probably why she isn't 100% Catwoman yet.

I'm looking forward to Howard's first Issue next week. It seems to have a very different vibe to it than Ram V's run, but I like what Howard and the solicitations have been teasing, and the art looks fine too even I'll miss how effortlessly badass Blanco made Selina look.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    And then it slides up and the threads are straight in your eyes.

I like the top of the mask but the stripe looks weirder the more I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I'm looking forward to Howard's first Issue next week. It seems to have a very different vibe to it than Ram V's run, but I like what Howard and the solicitations have been teasing, and the art looks fine too even I'll miss how effortlessly badass Blanco made Selina look.
    Ram V seemed like he was going for a neo-noir, Brubaker-esque, Catwoman while Howard seems to be going for a more flashy, sexy, Catwoman...although I think she's mentioned some noir influences.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Classy and sexy, befitting Catwoman .

Des Taylor

Selina sexily drinking milk .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ram V seemed like he was going for a neo-noir, Brubaker-esque, Catwoman while Howard seems to be going for a more flashy, sexy, Catwoman...although I think she's mentioned some noir influences.
    I got the opposite impression, one of the interviews I read name dropped Brubaker and Valentine like 10 times. And was Brubaker really neo-noir?

Edit: to make it more clear I guess I don't really understand what is the difference between noir and neo-noir?
    Last edited by HsssH; 01-10-2022 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I got the opposite impression, one of the interviews I read name dropped Brubaker and Valentine like 10 times. And was Brubaker really neo-noir?

Edit: to make it more clear I guess I don't really understand what is the difference between noir and neo-noir?
    Now that you mention it, it definitely seems like she's drawing from Valentine a lot.

I think it's more of an aesthetic difference...neo-noir has a bit more flashy colors but similar sensibilities to normal noir.