Incredible Member

Default Need some help on the details on Batman's biography!

I'm actually currently making a short film that is basically Dick Grayson recording a vlog on Bruce's life. So I'm going over old comic book information. I'm looking for information, but also looking for actual panels, so anyone who could help me out with that would be great!

Anyone who helps me will get their username in the credits! I should mention I'm looking for info on the New Earth continuity, IE, prior to the 2011 reboot.

So, let's start with the beginning. The murder of the Waynes. Anyone know of what issues I should look for panels in? I believe The Dark Knight Returns is what showed the famous pearls for the first time, which has been put in just about every adaptation since then. Any other issues to look for?

The other thing I can think about at this moment is, what was Stephanie Brown and Tim Drake's relationship status at the time of 2011? When and how did they break up?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    recording a vlog on Bruce's life . . . I'm looking for info on the New Earth continuity, IE, prior to the 2011 reboot.

So, let's start with the beginning. The murder of the Waynes. Anyone know of what issues I should look for panels in?
    Batman Year One (which is actually Batman #404–407).

Also, Batman The Man Who Falls (originally published in the Secret Origins of the World's Greatest Super-Heroes (1989) trade paperback collection):
    https://imgur.com/a/qieVe
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_Who_Falls

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/why...-origin-story/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-19-2022 at 01:26 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I'd recommend The Untold Legend of Batman to anyone trying to put together something on Batman's backstory. A lot of it has been retconned since then, for instance it has Bruce already being Batman and having Robin before Alfred is introduced but there's a lot of good there.

Incredible Member

Thanks guys. Next question is about Damian Wayne, I. Particular, his living situation as of the end of New Earth in 2011. From what I can gather on Wikipedia, it sounds like he never really moved in with Bruce in a typical father-son relationship, but actually moved in, first with Dick, then to Titans Tower