Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
I think I'm mostly comparing it to the Balent run, Jeph Loeb's portrayal, and the abominable nu 52 incarnations. Every writer that seemed to be teamed with Balent disappointingly followed his lead, portraying her as an immature child. And I'll probably be the outlier on this one, but I really don't think Loeb's version was much better. And the less said about the nu 52 version the better. I did get some chemistry during Brubaker's run, but it always came off to me as two exes who've long since moved on from each other and simply became friends afterwards (with some benefits applied every once in awhile).
I guess to me I just don't see her as an "immature child" even if she's very spontaneous and at times selfish or ego driven, but in a way that still came off like an adult woman. Compared to the New 52 I'd say 90's Selina was a lot more mature (although she's not the only character who that would apply too).

I thought Loeb's Selina was okay.

I feel like Brubaker conveyed how much passion there still was between each other and how much they cared for one another, especially compared to their interactions with other characters or lack of conflicting love interests. But that's just me.