Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I’ve got a major soft spot for the Balent Era’s “Cat’s Claw” or Catspaw gadget… and for the Balent era in general… and for the cartoon The Batman having Catwoman steal Bruce’s utility belt for an episode.

I think we need to sometime get a story where Selina gets a Bat Claw like gadget by just flat out stealing it from Bruce at some point.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Anya Uribi art.

CatwomanAnyaUribi.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Anya Uribi art.

CatwomanAnyaUribi.jpg
    Brave and the Bold style .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    This adorable! Especially for the 60's style costume and Selina .

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I love how he just grabs onto her boots .

Dang, they forced her to cut all her hair...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dang, they forced her to cut all her hair...
    Yeah but I liked how they transitioned her into a new look instead of just doing it out of the blue. It was a very good Catwoman run.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yeah but I liked how they transitioned her into a new look instead of just doing it out of the blue. It was a very good Catwoman run.
    Back when stuff progressed naturally!

Extraordinary Member

I think that’s from Doug Moenche’s run on the Balent book, where he was tying to get one large, all encompassing but more fun origin story for Selina, introduce a new major villain in Hellhound, nd have a solid run on the book… and I think that it soundly wound up being more forgettable than good or bad; My Sister’s Keeper remains probably the more respected if warily-regarded origin behind Year One, and Hellhound (in spite of a cool design and a good idea of Cats and Dogs) became fodder pretty quickly.

The best part of the run was his early meeting between the Bat and Cat, even if it was a little bit gross: Batman has her mostly subdued even though she scratched his cheek, and she (a little woozy) makes a crack about how he should lick his wound… then actually licks his cut herself, and we get about two panels of Batman just being shocked and confused at his reaction to it, before he tries to save face by leaving he tried up with her necklace-loot tied to her face, which just pisses her off when she wakes up.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think that’s from Doug Moenche’s run on the Balent book, where he was tying to get one large, all encompassing but more fun origin story for Selina, introduce a new major villain in Hellhound, nd have a solid run on the book… and I think that it soundly wound up being more forgettable than good or bad; My Sister’s Keeper remains probably the more respected if warily-regarded origin behind Year One, and Hellhound (in spite of a cool design and a good idea of Cats and Dogs) became fodder pretty quickly.
    Hellhound sounds familiar...
    The best part of the run was his early meeting between the Bat and Cat, even if it was a little bit gross: Batman has her mostly subdued even though she scratched his cheek, and she (a little woozy) makes a crack about how he should lick his wound… then actually licks his cut herself, and we get about two panels of Batman just being shocked and confused at his reaction to it, before he tries to save face by leaving he tried up with her necklace-loot tied to her face, which just pisses her off when she wakes up.
    I dunno why, but this works for me .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hellhound sounds familiar...

I dunno why, but this works for me .
    Hellhound stuck around for a few years as mostly cannon fodder; I think his costume design looked too cool to be entirely forgotten. I also think he should get one of those remakes and refreshes; I think just making him an absolutely relentless mercenary who Selina has to flee from is genuinely a good gimmick.

And yeah, Selina licking Bruce's wounds and him just being like "...uhhhh... I am grossed out, thrown off my game, and weirdly aroused...." is maybe the funniest reaction they've ever attached to Bruce whenever Selina makes the traditional first move on him.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Ramona Fradon art.

FradonCatwoman.jpg