Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Canon question

Which father of Selina do you prefer? Falcone, Calabrese, or completely unrelated to the mob?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Canon question

Which father of Selina do you prefer? Falcone, Calabrese, or completely unrelated to the mob?
    I'm fine with her being Falcone's illegitimate daughter but I also prefer Maggie and I think it's fine if she has a normal, run of the mill, family that ends up dying and leaving her and her sister out on the streets.

Also I prefer she be Italian.

Extraordinary Member

Canon question

Brubaker went with unrelated to the mob and since his portrayal of her is my favorite, I'm going to go with that one (although the Falcone one comes in as a close second). I also don't mind if she's part Latina.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Maybe it's because of Brubaker but I think it's more important she have a sister and grew up on the streets than she's some mobsters' daughter.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Canon question

Calabrese, because of Batman Eternal and the Valentine run. But honestly, I prefer the more Tom King approach, where she doesn't get too hung up about her parents (as seen in the Bat/Cat Special).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

My vote for Valentine run too, though I don't mind either Calabrese, Roman or random mob, as long as she has an in for that story arc. Though that story is about her being queen mob so just some random mob won't do

Yeah the growing up on the streets and Maggie stay, even her other father, since my concern for the mob king dad is for that story arc only

Next, I heard something about her being an SM sex worker was retconned once to be an undercover job? When was that?

I guess I don't have a strong attachment to the Valentine run, which is where the Calabrese aspect was most prevalent, and am personally more drawn to her Post-Crisis background because it was more mundane and tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's because of Brubaker but I think it's more important she have a sister and grew up on the streets than she's some mobsters' daughter.
    Mobset father might have been not interested in her and she still grew up on the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Mobset father might have been not interested in her and she still grew up on the streets.
    That's fair...I think Post-Crisis her original parents basically killed each other, or her dad shot their mom and himself.

Extraordinary Member

I prefer something like what The Batman did - Selina’s largely a street rat and de-facto orphan, but is occasionally haunted by a powerful and rich father in Falcone who she feels less her the high life but knows is a dangerous and disgusting monster.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I wish more adaptions would acknowledge Maggie.

BANNED

CATWOMAN #48
    Written by TINI HOWARD
    Art and cover by NICO LEON
    Cover by JEFF DÉKAL
    Variant cover by SOZOMAIKA
    1:25 variant cover by TULA LOTAY
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 10/18/22
    Don’t you just hate it when your current and former lovers meet accidentally? That’s definitely the case here for Catwoman, as Valmont and Batman cross paths! Is Batman jealous or just concerned that Selina is dating an international criminal who is also a murderer? There are some lines you just don’t cross, Cat, and not all attention is good attention.
    So Zdarsky shows them sleeping together, Howard contradicts that by showing they weren't...now it's apparent by the fall that they are together?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    So Zdarsky shows them sleeping together, Howard contradicts that by showing they weren't...now it's apparent by the fall that they are together?

I don't expect Bruce to come off very well here.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post

I woke up to this tragic news. The last released Catwoman issue gave me a glimmer of hope for BatCat but this seems to be the nail in the coffin for now. A sad day, still months of waiting for it too.

Canon question

Rex, solely because Falcone was only ever a "maybe" and never actually confirmed in the main U.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)