Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Mike McKone art.

MikeMcKoneCW.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Mike McKone art.

MikeMcKoneCW.jpg
    Gotta love those boots .

Sasha from CASUALLY COMICS gives a brief overview of the costumes of the golden age Catwoman.

Sasha from CASUALLY COMICS gives a brief overview of the costumes of the golden age Catwoman.

First blonde Selina! And they even mention The Wasp .

BANNED

Zdarsky, I love you, but why are you ruining Selina?

spoilers:
    She finds out Penguin's framed Bruce and faked his death, and decides to do nothing about it and let him live his life so long as his children pay the price? And deciding she'll be a bigger thorn in Bruce's side so he doesn't remove her...dude, where is this coming from? Selina really has rarely been written well since Ram left
    end of spoilers

From BATMAN #127. I have never seen this look for Catwoman before.

CatCoat.jpg

From BATMAN #127. I have never seen this look for Catwoman before.

CatCoat.jpg
    So much leather...and cleavage .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So much leather...and cleavage .
    It's a bit strange, but this works for me. Strangely enough, the only time I ever minded the cleavage was when the zipper would be pulled down on the Darwyn Cooke suit. It just seemed to go so the opposite direction of what he and Ed Brubaker intended with the character.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    It's a bit strange, but this works for me. Strangely enough, the only time I ever minded the cleavage was when the zipper would be pulled down on the Darwyn Cooke suit. It just seemed to go so the opposite direction of what he and Ed Brubaker intended with the character.
    To be honest I don't really overthink it that much because comics and the kind of character Selina is.

Extraordinary Member

To be honest I don't really overthink it that much because comics and the kind of character Selina is.
    I didn't think much of the previous run and Balent, so when they pulled her the opposite direction with Brubaker and Cooke, I was grateful.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I didn't think much of the previous run and Balent, so when they pulled her the opposite direction with Brubaker and Cooke, I was grateful.
    I think Burbaker and Cooke were great, but the spontaneity, zest, and energy of the Balent run was pretty great for me too .

Extraordinary Member

I think Burbaker and Cooke were great, but the spontaneity, zest, and energy of the Balent run was pretty great for me too .
    IDK, for me it was just too '90s bad girl for me. Julie Newmar and Alan Davis' earlier version in Detective endeared me, but I just couldn't get past the art.

IDK, for me it was just too '90s bad girl for me. Julie Newmar and Alan Davis' earlier version in Detective endeared me, but I just couldn't get past the art.
    Well, yeah, that's literally what she is! That was half the fun. But any good Selina has a bit of a bad girl in her .

Extraordinary Member

Well, yeah, that's literally what she is! That was half the fun. But any good Selina has a bit of a bad girl in her .
    '90s bad girl had a whole different vibe, though, which left a bad taste in my mouth. Like Newmar and Davis' version of Selina as a bad girl = yes. Balent? Honestly, I just found pretty tacky.

'90s bad girl had a whole different vibe, though, which left a bad taste in my mouth. Like Newmar and Davis' version of Selina as a bad girl = yes. Balent? Honestly, I just found pretty tacky.
    Again, I think that era had a strong energy and a sense of adventure with Catwoman, which I thought was a fun take on her.