Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This was my small problem with Brubaker's run, asides of a moment here and there she was too heroic.
    Yeah, and my issue with some of the recent Catwoman push as well.

Feels like it kind of misses the point to make her basically another good guy, more or less.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, and my issue with some of the recent Catwoman push as well.

Feels like it kind of misses the point to make her basically another good guy, more or less.
    I like the heroic Catwoman. I don't see why being reformed and becoming a heroine cannot be part of her progressive development as a character.
    She has been totally reformed and a crimefighter before, and that was in the in the 1980s before Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Before the 1980s, Catwoman thought about giving up a life of crime and being a crime fighter. In a comic issue in the late 1960s with her wearing a green costume, she got jealous of Batgirl and was possessive of Batman, and so she ended up competing with Batgirl as a crime fighter. She even asked Batman when he is going to join her in matrimony and crook catching. Batman blew her off. Her thought bubbles showed that she was actually genuine about what she wanted from him. She thought that she's in love and that she was so frustrating that she felt that she would go back to committing cat crimes again.

The Golden Age Catwoman who ended up in Earth 2 ended up reforming, and she was blackmailed into going back into crime.

Catwoman doesn't have to be defined as a villainess, thief, kleptomaniac.

I don't mind her as an anti-heroine though.
    Last edited by Starrius; 05-30-2022 at 04:17 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I like the heroic Catwoman. I don't see why being reformed and becoming a heroine cannot be part of her progressive development as a character.
    She has been totally reformed and a crimefighter before, and that was in the in the 1980s before Crisis on Infinite Earths.

The Golden Age Catwoman who ended up in Earth 2 ended up reforming, and she was blackmailed into going back into crime.

Catwoman doesn't have to be defined as a villainess, thief, kleptomaniac.

I don't mind her as an anti-heroine though.
    Well, I think a few of those traits are ingrained and important to her character since they distinguish her from other female characters. Especially being a thief.

Yeah, I like Selina stealing things and thats easier to set up when she isn't completely reformed.

I feel like Robin Hood of Crime Alley would be a great status quo for Selina. She steals from the filthy rich and gives it to the poor (and keeps a bit for herself).

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I feel like Robin Hood of Crime Alley would be a great status quo for Selina. She steals from the filthy rich and gives it to the poor (and keeps a bit for herself).
    Best way to make your thief sympathetic...just have her steal from rich people .

Extraordinary Member

I mean, the rich steal from poor people all the time, so alls fair!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, the rich steal from poor people all the time, so alls fair!
    Well, I'm not sure I'd write off all rich people, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Year One Catwoman .

Incredible Member

Not sure I am very keen how she’s been used in Killing Time. She actually quite underused in it, and when she is used she often comes across as the Riddler’s heavy. It’s nice to see her kick some backside, but still I am kind of disappointed how she is being written.

BANNED

Spoilers for coming Bat and Cat books

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/what...mics-spoilers/

spoilers:
    So they've moving ahead with Selina and Valmont as a couple for now. Kind of figured this was happening what with the push for Bruce and Talia again in Shadow War. Frankly i'm relieved. Clean break from King's legacy and an opportunity to rebuild it later.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Spoilers for coming Bat and Cat books

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/what...mics-spoilers/

spoilers:
    So they've moving ahead with Selina and Valmont as a couple for now. Kind of figured this was happening what with the push for Bruce and Talia again in Shadow War. Frankly i'm relieved. Clean break from King's legacy and an opportunity to rebuild it later.
    end of spoilers
    Figures he would end up a love interest.

(And let's face it, these two never really move on).

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Not much about Ms Kravitz in this thread. Did Fans of the character Not enjoy her that much?

Did Selina get some education or was she always a kid from the streets? Maybe in the early comics?

Are we still getting the HBO Show?
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 06-21-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Not much about Ms Kravitz in this thread. Did Fans of the character Not enjoy her that much?

Did Selina get some education or was she always a kid from the streets? Maybe in the early comics?
    She lived with her parents up until preteen in Post Crisis, teen in the YA graphic novel. In New 52 she was in a foster home, parents unknown. Pre-Crisis Earth-2 she had a normal life and didn't become a thief until a failed marriage. Of course, in Batman Returns, she went as far as to become an executive assistant before transforming. So there was some education.