Default Young Justice cartoon's villain team The Light to come to comics in 2023

Nice to see the concept make the jump to mainstream comics.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/youn...omics-in-2023/

Astonishing Member

DC already did the Light with the Society's inner circle from Infinite Crisis before YJ was even a thing.

Of course after the Great Darkness they have to use The Light as the villains.

I think it's incredibly unnecessary to focus on that team when there are already other villain teams and I'm not sure about them using another cartoon concept after the Red X disaster.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Of course after the Great Darkness they have to use The Light as the villains.

I think it's incredibly unnecessary to focus on that team when there are already other villain teams and I'm not sure about them using another cartoon concept after the Red X disaster.
    I think the light is perfect

The great darkness’s bombastic states contrasting with the spy work of the light

They gonna do something this time or just continue to stroke their beads saying "all according to plan"?
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-16-2022 at 01:25 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    They gonna do something this time or just continue to stroke their beads saying "all according to plan"?
    Personally I would love for them to pay homage to that at least 2 times only for the third time to basically be all according to the justice league’s plan, hilarious way to pay homage to that

I mean they called it the Light but it was basically a renamed Injustice League/Secret Society.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

It has potential, but my faith in these things is not very good after the Red X and Control Freak fiascos.

I was so done with this team in the show by the end of the fourth season, I'm not sure how I'd feel about them in the comics. Especially if they don't execute them well.

Incredible Member

Considering the Light is based on the Infinite Crisis/ Final Crisis' Secret Society (considering the inner circle of big bads that run it; the 2 on both versions being Lex Luthor and Talia Al Ghul), I'm hoping this going to be a better attempt at it being an ongoing super-villain team that isn't just for one event. Personally, my line-up for the mainstream comics would be:

Vandal Savage, Talia Al Ghul, Lex Luthor, Deathstroke, Calculator, Ultra-Humanite, and Mordru
    Last edited by Multiverse; 12-16-2022 at 03:59 PM.