Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    This scene is so incredibly badass. It's unbelievable that Marvel missed the chance to make American Eagle a major player after this. Peace
    Maybe his boring look had something to do with it? Granted his first costume was awful but they could at least try to give him something decent. Him and Luke Cage can have a contest to see which one of them readers want to ignore first.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Maybe his boring look had something to do with it? Granted his first costume was awful but they could at least try to give him something decent. Him and Luke Cage can have a contest to see which one of them readers want to ignore first.
    If this were true, every single hero who doesn't dress like Luke or American Eagle would sell on the same level as Spider-Man and Batman.

And Luke had a critically acclaimed tv series, which is more than many characters can boast about.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-05-2022 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Now I know why everyone has been pushing to see more American Eagle. Dude stood up to Bullseye. Amazing.
    He just didn't "stand up" to Bullseye. He put him in the hospital, nearly crippling him again.

I'll give you that the first one was horribly sterotypical (and ugly), but I think the second one fit the vibe they were trying to convey, more of being a lawman than a super-hero. True, it might seem bland, but I think it was OK.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If this were true, every single hero who doesn't dress like Luke or American Eagle would sell on the same level as Spider-Man and Batman.
    All I'm saying is that every little bit helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And Luke had a critically acclaimed tv series, which is more than many characters can boast about.
    Yet I don't see anyone clamoring for Mike Colter's Luke Cage to make the jump to the MCU like Charlie Cox's Daredevil did. Plus that show fell off a cliff every single time Mahershala Ali wasn't on screen. I don't blame Colter, it's Luke Cage. If you want to see Colter really show what he can do as an actor watch the show "Evil"
    Last edited by Anthony W; 02-05-2022 at 10:08 AM. Reason: I took a New Years resolution to stop criticizing Luke Cage. I'm trying my best
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

All I'm saying is that every little bit helps.
    Again, plenty of costumed characters who aren't setting the charts ablaze. If anything, Luke and American Eagle have a better chance of standing out.

Yet I don't see anyone clamoring for Mike Colter's Luke Cage to make the jump to the MCU like Charlie Cox's Daredevil did. Plus that show fell off a cliff every single time Mahershala Ali wasn't on screen. I don't blame Colter, it's Luke Cage. If you want to see Colter really show what he can do as an actor watch the show "Evil"
    People are clamoring for any of the Netflix characters to show up in the MCU, with the sole exception being Iron Fist. A character who, despite having a garish costume, has only ever been popular because of his connection to two non-costumed heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Good art there. Read Operation: Galactic Storm a while back. The execution could have been better, but it had it's moments. That's one of them. Really enjoyed this moment, when Captain America took on the Shi'ar Imperial Guard's Warstar:

Cap taking on some Shi'ar folk? Weren't Shi'ar Imperial Guardsmen meant for the X-Men? So seeing characters break boundaries like that was pretty cool.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    He just didn't "stand up" to Bullseye. He put him in the hospital, nearly crippling him again.
    Apologies. I will say looking into the character more, I'd be down for more American Eagle.

In terms of the Thunderbolts, I'll always appreciate when they faced off against Rich Rider Nova. They thought subduing him would be easy. It's just Nova, right? Well, Nova just went through the Annihilation War and ripped out Annihulus' guts. He's definitely faced worse:

"I am a man of peace."

Richie is a member of the Nova Corps. Remember it!

"I am a man of peace."

Good art there. Read Operation: Galactic Storm a while back. The execution could have been better, but it had it's moments. That's one of them. Really enjoyed this moment, when Captain America took on the Shi'ar Imperial Guard's Warstar:

Cap taking on some Shi'ar folk? Weren't Shi'ar Imperial Guardsmen meant for the X-Men? So seeing characters break boundaries like that was pretty cool.
    Thanks for the compliment, and I agree with you about Operation: Galactic Storm having several choice moments.

Yet, I still can't forget how fandom-at-large questioned why the X-Men weren't at all involved in this mega-event.

Indeed. No matter what, Rich Rider: NOVA is AWESOME! (XD)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-19-2022 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Some of favorite moments from the Dark Phoenix Saga:

Loved this meeting among the Kree, Skrull, and Shi'ar. The first time I saw it was during the X-Men cartoon. Again, I was estatic over this scene. All of these corners of the Marvel Universe just meeting one another. How cool was that?

Really liked this scene during the X-Men's fight against the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. Earthquake (what a strange name for an alien, right?) boasts about his control over the ground. Storm shows him what that means to her:

Also, really liked this splash. The X-Men are shocked as they are teleported in front of the Shi'ar. Bryne really captured that surprise:
    "I am a man of peace."

Spider-Man and Beast talk about the possibility of Spider-Man having a child. Always loved this scene because it was these superheroes casually talking on an NYC building ledge. They don't fall off because these are two of the best acrobats/gymnasts in the entire MU:

"I am a man of peace."

Spider-Man, Punisher, Night Thrasher, Nova, Moon Knight, Darkhawk. One of the most badass 90's line-up's ever from the conclusion of Amazing Spider-Man's Round Robin storyline:

"I am a man of peace."

Spider-Man, Punisher, Night Thrasher, Nova, Moon Knight, Darkhawk. One of the most badass 90's line-up's ever from the conclusion of Amazing Spider-Man's Round Robin storyline:

Yeah! Couldn't agree more!! Bagley killed it (IMHO):

The New Warriors rematch with Terrax in issues #16-#17.

Special moments include

Speedball sending Terrax flying

RCO015_1642132187 (2).jpg