Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I really hate Mark Millars' writing, and found most of Civil War pure plot-induced idiocy garbage, but THAT was a great Captain America scene.

Peace
    100% agreed
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

I miss that style of Jae Lee.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    I miss that style of Jae Lee.
    He sure did have a distinctive style. His Namor series with John Byrne had different style and then later when he did the mini series Fantastic Four 1234, it evolved into some different from that. IIRC some of the original pages were on display on the NYC museum of Illustrative Art. I believe he works at Dynamite comics these days.

I posted this in the Doctor Doom thread so may as well add here. How about Doom mixing it up with the Cosmic Hulk in Incredible Hulk #606

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    He sure did have a distinctive style. His Namor series with John Byrne had different style and then later when he did the mini series Fantastic Four 1234, it evolved into some different from that. IIRC some of the original pages were on display on the NYC museum of Illustrative Art. I believe he works at Dynamite comics these days.

I'll always miss his old, art-style. But, his new art-style is still rather unique (IMHO):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-18-2022 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]I'll always miss his old, art-style. But, his new art-style is still rather unique (IMHO):

I did check out some of his recent covers on Dynamite Comics website earlier. It's too bad there is nothing for him at Marvel right now. He'd be good on the new Moon Knight series.

I did check out some of his recent covers on Dynamite Comics website earlier. It's too bad there is nothing for him at Marvel right now. He'd be good on the new Moon Knight series.
    Sad to hear about that. Moon Knight done in the art-style of Jae Lee would've been quite an experience (IMHO):

I posted this in the Doctor Doom thread so may as well add here. How about Doom mixing it up with the Cosmic Hulk in Incredible Hulk #606
    Reminded me how a couple of issues later, Hulk took shots from mighty Zeus himself a couple of issues later:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

To be fair, Hulk has had some success against those with "Doom" in their name. Take this scene from an issue of the Incredible Hulk when Hulk takes down a holographic projection of "Doomsd-URKH!" Again, I think this character is completely new in some way. Can't find him anywhere in the Marvel Universe. But clearly Hulk didn't care too much for "Doomsd-URKH!" that much :

"I am a man of peace."

Classic scene where Jean Grey comforts Jubilee after the passing of Illyana Rasputin due to the Legacy Virus.

"I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    To be fair, Hulk has had some success against those with "Doom" in their name. Take this scene from an issue of the Incredible Hulk when Hulk takes down a holographic projection of "Doomsd-URKH!" Again, I think this character is completely new in some way. Can't find him anywhere in the Marvel Universe. But clearly Hulk didn't care too much for "Doomsd-URKH!" that much :

I think that is a DC villain called Doomsday. In the Amalgam Universe you had Doctor Doomsday, who would team up with Thanoseid

I think that is a DC villain called Doomsday. In the Amalgam Universe you had Doctor Doomsday, who would team up with Thanoseid
    Yes, that was a jab Peter David (the writer. I supose. This looks much more like something HE'd do, than Gary Frank, the artist) at the DC villian, Doomsday, the Superman killer, who, supposedly, was inspired on the Hulk.

Peace

Ha, I was kidding bro. Totally knew it was Doomsday and the inside joke that PAD had put in the comics. Indeed, I remember reading the issue back in the past and being absolutely shocked. Holy crap, seriously, Doomsday is in a Marvel comic?! PAD was certainly brazen.

A favorite Wolverine scene of mine, when he has that bloody and brutal fight against Gorgon:

"I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Waited YEARS for the green guy to make his comeback.