Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Hulk vs the x-men was one of the highlights of the saga, as well as final Hulk vs. Sentry.
    Vs the X-men and Juggernaut shown how scary is when a superhuman use the brain in a fight.
    But my favored was this.

For no other reason that show how creepy smiling Hulk can be.
    That was another good moment, and I remember him bending Colossus' arms right after this.

I also have a soft spot for Beta Ray Bill and the Stormbreaker mini was a good one...

OMG! Long-time fan of Beta Ray Bill!! Glad to know he's still remembered (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-15-2022 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Never cared much for WWH. It was, IMHO, just an excuse to have the Hulk beat-up the rest of the MCU, which, for me, fell way too easily to Hulk and his Warbound. It had some fun moments, but mostly stunk as plot induced stupidity and incompetence, for me. That said, the Hulk, a smart and vicious Hulk, literally beating the brains out of Wolverine was incredible.

Peace
    I enjoyed World War Hulk. Though billed as being a fun, slugfest after the heaviness of Civil War, the miniseries tackled interesting themes. Who was really the monster? Who was really to blame for the destruction of Sakaar? Was the Hulk justified in his revenge against the Illuminati or not? The ideas were thought-provoking.

Speaking about the Illuminati, one of my favorite scenes from the New Avengers: Illuminati one-shot, when Iron Man basically predicts Civil War:

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I notice a lot of the posts don't credit the issue where the scene being used comes from. In future can we all add that?
    Thanks for the heads up. Will try to do so.
    Last edited by Tien Long; 04-16-2022 at 05:33 AM.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Another favorite scene from the New Avengers: Illuminati one-shot has to be this one featuring Black Bolt:

Mainly because no one knew what the heck that meant. It was parodied a bit later in a Mini Marvels version of World War Hulk:

Last edited by Tien Long; 04-16-2022 at 04:03 PM.
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Speaking about the Illuminati, one of my favorite scenes from the New Avengers: Illuminati one-shot, when Iron Man basically predicts Civil War:
    One of my all time favorite scenes in comics. It was astounding. Tony broke down what was going to happen piece by piece and still no one listened. That is futurism at it's finest.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 04-16-2022 at 08:42 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

The Avengers receive help from an unexpected source (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-16-2022 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I remember Tony wasn't too happy about that !

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I remember Tony wasn't too happy about that !
    Indeed. T'Challa came up with a great excuse, though...

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-17-2022 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Future Imperfect #2!

^^^OMG! George Perez artwork from Future Imperfect!! From that saga, my favorite will always be...

Rick's Trophy Room

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-23-2022 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    One of my all time favorite scenes in comics. It was astounding. Tony broke down what was going to happen piece by piece and still no one listened. That is futurism at it's finest.
    It was bro. Real stand out moment in that issue and a very grounded statement on Tony's ability to be a Futurist.

Thought I'd post this. Since there's been a lot of talk about Spider-Man's 60th anniversary, I thought I'd reflect on Amazing Spider-Man #365, which celebrated Spider-Man's 30th anniversary:

First off there are some great scenes with the Lizard and there's a nice homage to Spider-Man lifting the enormous weight, which I posted earlier in this thread:

However, the issue is special to me because it was one of my first "big" issues. I was super young at the time and had just begun to buy and collect comics. ASM #365 was different from the previous issues. Yes, it featured really awesome Mark Bagley art and some excellent fight scenes. However, there were also the hologram cover, the short stories and essays in the back, and of course the preview for Spider-Man 2099. Furthermore, for a few years, I didn't have access to comics and thus this issue was one of only a handful of comics that I read. Again, it delivered solid entertainment every single time.
    "I am a man of peace."

ASM #365 was special for other reasons as well, most notably the return of Peter Parker's parents:

Was it awesome? I'm unsure. At the time, it was shocking and added to the drama of Peter's life. However, I read that the writers and editors behind the scenes didn't know the resolution of the parents angle for a long time. Rereading those issues, when we learn what Peter's parents REALLY were, I see how that plot point began a time when Spider-Man became darker and more convoluted in storytelling during the 90s.
    "I am a man of peace."

Concluding tonight's posts with these pages from ASM #500. Love how Spidey has to get back to his own time by reliving (literally) moments from his past. Throughout all of this Peter wants to give up. But he doesn't. That's why he's Spider-Man:

"I am a man of peace."

On of my favorite moments! Was a total shock to 11 year old me, as Jen had become a favorite character and FF was my team.
    8538F21A-1748-4259-9042-EC14AE6DE458.jpg