Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    X-Factor #37...only because Beast rids himself of that horrible brown costume when fighting some demons.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. But no matter what, my favorite Beast moment from X-Factor will always be when Hank regains his intelligence.

I loved smart and STRONG Beast. Hank's strength had always, IMHO, been very underplayed. He was basically listed as 2 tons in the strength range. That's not much of a strong man, as he was supposed to be for the original X-Men (I tend not to rank anyone who ranges bellow Spider-Man as a STRONG-man, and, don't get me wrong, I do think Spidey is pretty strong). During those X-Factor years, he was more in the 15-20 tons range, which was much more appropriate for someone who was supposed to be the heavy muscle of the group. Sadly, as soon as X-Factor joined with the X-Men, he was prontly relegated to a quirky and agile scientist, while Rogue took his place as the Blue Team's muscle. A HUGE mistake, IMHO.

Maybe not the MOST awesome, but a personal awesome moment when I first read it.
    Thor #378, debut of the battle armor.
    It WAS quite an exciting moment.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 05-06-2022 at 03:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'm surprised the Deathspawns weren't used beyond that story, theres so many questions about them and their numbers and what they exactly do. They make Deathwatch sound like a big deal but then years later, Bendis brought back Deathwatch only as a one of the many villains working for the Hood. I read a 1993 marvel card that said he's a Translord, what the heck is that?

A true villain!
    Magneto.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I loved smart and STRONG Beast. Hank's strength had always, IMHO, been very underplayed. He was basically listed as 2 tons in the strength range. That's not much of a strong man, as he was supposed to be for the original X-Men (I tend not to rank anyone who ranges bellow Spider-Man as a STRONG-man, and, don't get me wrong, I do think Spidey is pretty strong). During those X-Factor years, he was more in the 15-20 tons range, which was much more appropriate for someone who was supposed to be the heavy muscle of the group. Sadly, as soon as X-Factor joined with the X-Men, he was prontly relegated to a quirky and agile scientist, while Rogue took his place as the Blue Team's muscle. A HUGE mistake, IMHO.
    Completely understandable. Personally, I kinda like him in either role (TBH):
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    It WAS quite an exciting moment.

Peace
    Indeed. The majority won't agree, but I'll always LOVE that battle armor (XD)

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Battle armor & bearded Thor is awesome...sans beard...awkward. Even so, #386 was my gateway into collecting Thor on a regular basis...up until DeFalco/Frenz left. I did stick around for when he went looney afterwards but bailed on "Blood and Thunder".

Secret Wars '84 had many epic moments, Cap restoring his shield is one of my favorites...

Battle armor & bearded Thor is awesome...sans beard...awkward. Even so, #386 was my gateway into collecting Thor on a regular basis...up until DeFalco/Frenz left. I did stick around for when he went looney afterwards but bailed on "Blood and Thunder".
    https://i.redd.it/7epanm6myuw71.jpg
    https://earthsmightiestblog.com/wp-c...tume-armor.png
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsTknqTW0AUwz5C.jpg
    I actually held on to the bitter end of Blood & Thunder, mainly because of Angel Medina (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-06-2022 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Ha nice to see the discussion concern Thor. One of my favorite moments is from Thor #18 - #19 from Dan Jurgens run. In celebration of Scarlet Witch's appearance in the new Dr. Strange movie, she has some cool moments in this storyline. Here she helps deal with issues concerning Mjolnir:

And here she rescues Thor and Odin from being digested by a mystical creature. Plus, she counters Odin's pride:

Asgardian magic is one thing. But Chaos Magic is another. Touche Wanda. Touche .
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Secret Wars '84 had many epic moments, Cap restoring his shield is one of my favorites...

I actually held on to the bitter end of Blood & Thunder, mainly because of Angel Medina (LOL):

I loved his art, and was excited when he made the move to the Hulk title. Started out great...and went to hollow crap by pretty fast. Don't know why, if it was the inker, or the dreaded Deadline of Doom.
    I'm re-reading Warlock and the Infinity Watch, and see no such degradation.
    And the stuff he did on the Kiss title...wow!

I will always love named attacks

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Doctor Doom performs brain surgery with an adamantium chain saw on the Hulk who desires to be rid of the Banner portion of his brain...

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-07-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Default Doom does Brain surgery - continued

Cool moment with Dr. Doom here. Nice.

Just thought about this moment from Incredible Hercules when Ares and Wonder Man are taking on Hercules. And Ares is just being Ares:

"I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

That reminds me of the famous or maybe infamous battle between Ares and the Sentry. Ares had joined Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers and joined the fight to remove Asgard from it's spot over Broxton, Oklahoma. Ares became angered when he realized he was deceived by Osborn and Loki, a member of Osborn's Cabal. So Osborn turns Sentry loose on the rebellious Ares. (artist Olivier Copiel)

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-07-2022 at 10:20 PM.

Default Ares vs Sentry - Siege #2

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Man Siege was a gorgeous looking comic and one of my favourite events, actually.