Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scream 5

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What did she even say?
    She is vocally pro-Palestine on her social media, this was what was quoted in the THR article about it:

“Gaza is currently being treated like a concentration camp,” she wrote in one post. “Cornering everyone together, with no where to go, no electricity no water … People have learnt nothing from our histories. And just like our histories, people are still silently watching it all happen. THIS IS GENOCIDE & ETHNIC CLEANSING.”
    But I heard the big thing that led to her being fired was that she reposted an article from Israeli Holocaust scholar Raz Segal and said western media only shows the Israeli side of the conflict, and "why that is, I will let you deduce for yourself" which I guess was seen as a dogwhistle for antisemitism or hate speech.

Regardless, her response to being fired is nothing but pure class:
    https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...85728882303251
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Barrera & Ortega were the best part of the two recent Scream films, which are the best movies in the series since the original. They weren't perfect (and neither was the original), but they're fun slasher flicks mixed with oodles of satire.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    She is vocally pro-Palestine on her social media, this was what was quoted in the THR article about it:

But I heard the big thing that led to her being fired was that she reposted an article from Israeli Holocaust scholar Raz Segal and said western media only shows the Israeli side of the conflict, and "why that is, I will let you deduce for yourself" which I guess was seen as a dogwhistle for antisemitism or hate speech.

Regardless, her response to being fired is nothing but pure class:
    https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...85728882303251

And the rest of Barrera's posts on the subject haven't been anything offensive, unless the reader is extremely pro-Israel and doesn't want anything negative said about the government.......I mean, god forbid Miss Barrera finds it troubling that around 14,000 innocent Palestinian women and children have been killed since the start of this recent portion of the conflict. And I believe that's a 1-month death toll. Uncle Sam's continuous supplying of the Israeli military has served Israel well.

Western media (Particularly, the US media) has been so supportive of Israel the past several decades that a lot of people are still stuck in that mindset. That and it's fashionable to hate them dang mooslims.

Astonishing Member

The ending of Scream VI hits harder now that Barrera and Ortega are not returning. Also the villain line from it about how nowadays it's not enough to kill someone, you have to assassinate their character first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Barrera & Ortega were the best part of the two recent Scream films, which are the best movies in the series since the original. They weren't perfect (and neither was the original), but they're fun slasher flicks mixed with oodles of satire.

And the rest of Barrera's posts on the subject haven't been anything offensive, unless the reader is extremely pro-Israel and doesn't want anything negative said about the government.......I mean, god forbid Miss Barrera finds it troubling that around 14,000 innocent Palestinian women and children have been killed since the start of this recent portion of the conflict. And I believe that's a 1-month death toll. Uncle Sam's continuous supplying of the Israeli military has served Israel well.

Western media (Particularly, the US media) has been so supportive of Israel the past several decades that a lot of people are still stuck in that mindset. That and it's fashionable to hate them dang mooslims.
    She honestly was saying the truth

Astonishing Member

The Scream 7 director quit his job:

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/c...or-1235805735/

He didn't just quit, he called the project a nightmare. Even much bigger franchises have eventually suffered from this kind of internal turmoil.

On cue, Melissa Barrera stands her ground about her beliefs:

https://deadline.com/2023/12/melissa...il-1235681632/

And with Jenna Ortega (who is likely to become a bigger star once the new Beetlejuice comes out) gone too, are these the final nails on the coffin of a franchise that could go into hibernation for a decade, *again*?

Center it around Kirby I'm telling ya!