Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scream 5

Default Scream 5

Anyone interested in this? It differently looks better than part 4 at least although this is far from my favorite horror series it's kinda fun.

Invincible Member

I'm curious as to what he plot is. I'm aware that some of the old cast is coming back but if it's another campy version of old slasher flicks...what's the point (other than $$$)? If they deconstruct say today's found footage horror films or the Saw movies, I'd be more interested.

The plot is basically there's a new ghost face who's killing off family members of the old ghost face killer's.(billy and Billy's mom stu Mickey Roman Jill Charlie) I'm hoping the tv show is at least mentioned.
    Last edited by choptop; 01-05-2022 at 09:34 PM.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Scream is a franchise that is so firmly rooted in the 90s and 00s that bringing it back for the present day diminishes the charm of those movies. That was one of the reasons why I found Scream 4 to be the weakest of the franchise, even though all of the sequels are flawed.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm definitely interested. The series/franchise is surprisingly consistent. Some weaker than others, that's inevitable, but all sufficiently consistently good/watchable. Good reliably solid slasher films.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Scream is a franchise that is so firmly rooted in the 90s and 00s that bringing it back for the present day diminishes the charm of those movies. That was one of the reasons why I found Scream 4 to be the weakest of the franchise, even though all of the sequels are flawed.
    Wow, really. I found 4 to be MUCH better than 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Wow, really. I found 4 to be MUCH better than 3.
    I'm of a similar esteemed opinion. I found 4 to be the second best Scream film, second only to the first. I didn't like 2 & 3 all that much.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The plot is basically there's a new ghost face who's killing off family members of the old ghost face killer's.(billy and Billy's mom stu Mickey Roman Jill Charlie) I'm hoping the tv show is at least mentioned.
    I hope there's more to it than just that. A satire of today's "true crime" trend could really work within the Scream continuity.
    Last edited by ed2962; 01-06-2022 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I hope there's more to it than just that. A satire of today's "true crime" trend could really within the Scream continuity.
    I think that's kinda a good start plot Wise I mean why would a killer be killing off family members of killer's? I'd also like to point out Sidney Prescott is a family member of 2 of the killer's.

Will be interesting to see who the killer turns out to be and how they tie into the legacy characters. I believe 3 different endings were shot with more than one person turning out to be the killer. Only a very few know which ending they actually went with.

Early reviews don't sound very promising. One said you can figure out who the killer is 10 minutes into the movie, its that obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I'm of a similar esteemed opinion. I found 4 to be the second best Scream film, second only to the first. I didn't like 2 & 3 all that much.
    Agreed. Tying it directly into the trend of remakes gave it a direction that 2 and even moreso 3 lacked

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Early reviews don't sound very promising. One said you can figure out who the killer is 10 minutes into the movie, its that obvious.
    I've seen mostly good reviews ppl saying it's the best one Sean's the first.

https://screenrant.com/scream-5-movi...eview-roundup/
    Last edited by choptop; 01-12-2022 at 07:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

I thought the movie rocks. I see it's from the Ready or Not director so I'm not surprised. The one particular death was devastating and the slasher action is up to snuff in general.

And I hope we see more of spoilers:
    Metal Ghostface, maybe as extra content for the Blu-Ray
    end of spoilers

I saw this last night and I thought it was great! Easily the best Scream since the original in my opinion with a great new cast of characters and some brutal kills from Ghostface. The legacy characters also get some great moments to shine as well. Also, the killers motive this time around is VERY timely and needed to be addressed in a mainstream film.

Solid 8.5/10 for me

Ranking of Scream movies from best to worse ( in my opinion)

Scream ( 1996)
    Scream ( 2022) or better known as Scream 5
    Scream 4
    Scream 2
    Scream 3

Overall, this is one of best and most consistent horror franchises out there.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 01-16-2022 at 06:55 AM.