Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jay & Miles and Hickman spoil the hell out of INFERNO

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Can't access the article.

I'm having trouble accessing it too. I will share a functioning link once one is posted.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

When asked if Moira has a back-up in Cerebro and can be revived as a mutant if she died, Hickman said that X Lives/X Deaths will pick up after Inferno and have Moira stuff in it. He also said he knows what Marvel's going to do for the next three years, and they're (the hosts/us?) are going to love it.

"You write the book and they either liked your stuff and want to write about it, or they liked your stuff and want to destroy it, like Jason Aaron. That ************." He said he was kidding immediately afterward, but holy ****. The real Inferno was Hickman incinerating Aaron with that burn.

Re: The Rogue Cut. Originally, Rogue would have been the person who would have stolen Emma's powers and used Cerebro to bring Destiny back.
    Last edited by Rift; 01-05-2022 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Rogue fans are gonna be hella mad.

Rogue was originally supposed to bring back Destiny by stealing Emma's powers, but Hickman didn't have the runway to write all of it.

Yeah miss me with that bs hickman you not writing stories for other writers that cab butcher you plots your writing stories for the fans. can enjoy. This is problem with marvel and dc writers writing stories they like to read or they colleagues can finish, no mf just write a good story smh

During this interview, Hickman let something slip that lends credence to my theory that his initial plan entailed establishing the current status quo only to tear it down later. He notes, “What is and is not doing right by the character is a really hotly debated thing inside of comics, right? I think you have to take that part of the job seriously and I think you have to try and do as good of a job as you can. As a general rule, I try to put the toys back on the shelf. In this instance, I couldn’t.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this statement. But, it seems like he is justifying the drastic changes made to some, or many, of the characters (e.g., Moira) and the franchise as a whole by implying that his intention was to return them to their former, more commonly known and accepted depictions. That's not to say that he would have reverted back to the status quo he inherited--i.e., the Nation of Krakoa may have still lived on--but it seems he did intend to “put the toys back on the shelf.”

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    During this interview, Hickman let something slip that lends credence to my theory that his initial plan entailed establishing the current status quo only to tear it down later. He notes, “What is and is not doing right by the character is a really hotly debated thing inside of comics, right? I think you have to take that part of the job seriously and I think you have to try and do as good of a job as you can. As a general rule, I try to put the toys back on the shelf. In this instance, I couldn’t.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this statement. But, it seems like he is justifying the drastic changes made to some, or many, of the characters (e.g., Moira) and the franchise as a whole by implying that his intention was to return them to their former, more commonly known and accepted depictions. That's not to say that he would have reverted back to the status quo he inherited--i.e., the Nation of Krakoa may have still lived on--but it seems he did intend to “put the toys back on the shelf.”

Interesting.
    That suggests there is a way TO restore Moira to her old self.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Yeah miss me with that bs hickman you not writing stories for other writers that cab butcher you plots your writing stories for the fans. can enjoy. This is problem with marvel and dc writers writing stories they like to read or they colleagues can finish, no mf just write a good story smh
    ? I mean I don't see why he would lie about that or why it's bs. If he didn't have plans to include Rogue in Inferno why bring it up at all. Considering this is the second time mentioned it it's clearly still a sore spot for him.

Interesting.
    He was clearly just talking about Omega Sentinel when he said that. He couldn’t put her back to being the old Karima. But he was also insistent that “sometimes you transform a character and add enough, that it’s better than putting it back as it was”.

Interesting.
    Hickman always uses that phrase “putting the toys back on the shelf.” He said the same thing before HoX came out and he has usually delivered, this time it seems that decision wasn’t his to make. The best example is secret wars, he blew up everything and when it was over it was all neatly put back.

I still think he’s coming back to the X books personally. I’ll keep saying it until it’s true lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    He was clearly just talking about Omega Sentinel when he said that. He couldn’t put her back to being the old Karima. But he was also insistent that “sometimes you transform a character and add enough, that it’s better than putting it back as it was”.
    I'm so sure he was “clearly” referring just to the Omega Sentinel when he made the comment regarding “put[ting] the toys back on the shelf.” I mean, it's a fact that he didn't do with these “toys” what he initially set out to do. It's plausible that he was referring to this when he admitted, “In this instance, I couldn't.” I suppose his comment can be interpreted both ways.

Also, he dropped a clue regarding what we can expect to see soon in X-Men. He noted, “[The time-traveling Omega Sentinel] created Orchis. Whether or not that turns out to be a mistake by the machines, or whether that turns out to be just a prelude to [a] machine state, you'll have to wait and see. But there’s a lot of really, really, really good stuff there that you're going to see pretty soon in Gerry’s X-Men books.”

I'm excited.

Astonishing Member

I'm so sure he was “clearly” referring just to the Omega Sentinel when he made the comment regarding “put[ting] the toys back on the shelf.” I mean, it's a fact that he didn't do with these “toys” what he initially set out to do. It's plausible that he was referring to this when he admitted, “In this instance, I couldn't.” I suppose his comment can be interpreted both ways.

Also, he dropped a clue regarding what we can expect to see soon in X-Men. He noted, “[The time-traveling Omega Sentinel] created Orchis. Whether or not that turns out to be a mistake by the machines, or whether that turns out to be just a prelude to [a] machine state, you'll have to wait and see. But there’s a lot of really, really, really good stuff there that you're going to see pretty soon in Gerry’s X-Men books.”

I'm excited.
    And the machine/AI narrative is probably still gonna lead into the Dominion plot line especially since Moira now has a TO arm. So that's something to be excited about. I just hope Ewing is the one who handles it.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Rogue was originally supposed to bring back Destiny by stealing Emma's powers, but Hickman didn't have the runway to write all of it.
    Damn that would’ve been amazing even though I wonder how Raven would’ve gotten Rogue to turn against Xavier’s orders and work with her on such a risky mission.

I demand we get an “Inferno: The Rogue Cut” now!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Son of a ...!!!! Yes I AM mad!