Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

They should get Deadpool's creators to do a series

I'd love to see Fabian Nicieza back on a Deadpool book. Or a team-up book with Cable. Or X-Force, with Cable and Deadpool both in it. In fact, the current team wouldn't be bad if they just ditch Beast and Colossus for Cable. Hell, they can even keep Quire around and see if Nathan can knock some sense into him. Cable, Sage, Domino, Deadpool, Omega Red and Quentin Quire? With Fabian writing it would be money. I'd throw in Boomer too. Because she's always fun. And Forge as a frequent guest-star, since he makes all the cool weapons and gadgets for them.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

^^^In agreement with all of the above. Hell, I'd even settle for the return of Gail Simone & UDON

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossTagg View Post
    Seems like another Deadpool ongoing got cancelled after only 10 issues, so sad how Deadpool has fallen.
    Dang, man I remember Duggan writing the title for like 75 issues with tons of minis and one shots, I mean those compendiums are massive.

I wonder why can't Deadpool hold a title for more than two years, I mean I feel like this is the time where he can have multiple titles and even carry a team.

His titles have become too silly. Need to be darker IMO.

I also just think solo books don’t sell like they used to in the current climate. Wolverine aside I suppose. Personally I’d lump a lot of the 90s badasses together in one book and put a kickass creative team on it. I would say make it a relaunched X-Force but I think that brand needs a cooling off period. Make it X-Corp instead and it’s basically a mutant political thriller full of corporate intrigue, espionage and battles both in the board room and in the shadows. **** like that.

Team:
    - Cable
    - Deadpool
    - Domino
    - Psylocke (Kwannon)
    - Thunderbird
    - Archangel
    - Penance (Monet)
    - Sage
    - Manifold

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

I also just think solo books don’t sell like they used to in the current climate. Wolverine aside I suppose. Personally I’d lump a lot of the 90s badasses together in one book and put a kickass creative team on it. I would say make it a relaunched X-Force but I think that brand needs a cooling off period. Make it X-Corp instead and it’s basically a mutant political thriller full of corporate intrigue, espionage and battles both in the board room and in the shadows. **** like that.

Team:
    - Cable
    - Deadpool
    - Domino
    - Psylocke (Kwannon)
    - Thunderbird
    - Archangel
    - Penance (Monet)
    - Sage
    - Manifold
    that's a pretty good idea, but I wonder if Disney will allow for darker book nowadays?

I feel like Marvel took the wrong ideas from the movies and drove it into the ground

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

Team:
    - Cable
    - Deadpool
    - Domino
    - Psylocke (Kwannon)
    - Thunderbird
    - Archangel
    - Penance (Monet)
    - Sage
    - Manifold
    Agreed very hard with the bold. Deadpool has always been a little silly. No problem. But Waypool ran it into the ground & went too far into silly, the movies followed that lead, and now the comics are following that lead.

I haven't bothered with DP since Duggan left. The little I read after he was gone wasn't the least bit impressive. No surprise they didn't last.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-28-2023 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    that's a pretty good idea, but I wonder if Disney will allow for darker book nowadays?

I feel like Marvel took the wrong ideas from the movies and drove it into the ground
    I think they will. I mean, Deadpool 3 is going to be R-rated, and while it will certainly be silly its humor will be on the darker side of "dark humor." And it will definitely be violent. Lots of stabbing, slashing and shooting for sure. My hope is still that they bring Cable and Domino back, and set up an X-Force spinoff featuring the two of them (plus others). With Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool showing up, even if he's not the lead. But basically spin that franchise out of DP3 and start to create this darker, R-rated corner of the MCU.