View Poll Results: Which Do You Prefer?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diana's Long Lost Twin (Bronze Age Origin)

11 29.73%
  • Champion of Doom's Doorway (Post Crisis Origin)

8 21.62%
  • A Combination Of the Above Two

9 24.32%
  • Other (Please specify)

9 24.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What Is Your Preferred Origin for Nubia?

Should she be Diana's long lost twin?

Or a previous champion of the Amazons who went behind Doom's Doorway?

A combination of both?

Other?

I know there is a popular fan canon of her being Phillipus and Hippolyta's (or just Phillipus's) daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I know there is a popular fan canon of her being Phillipus and Hippolyta's (or just Phillipus's) daughter.
    I'd go with this one.

I'm comfortable with what they are doing with her right now. That said, my prefered origin would be one where she was sculpted by the amazons years after Diana left the Island, and she represented a new era for them. If Diana represents the Spring of the amazons then Nubia is the Autumn. Once they open up to the world their culture starts to change, and Nubia is the one that protects them as they expand.

oh i wish i saw this option before i voted
    I vote this one

I'll vote other for combination of Phillipus' daughter and guardian of Doom's Doorway.

Long-lost twin is just too hoakey for me and I usually prefer Diana as the only child on the island.

Incredible Member

That... is actually an interesting fan canon. I'd back that!

Although I have no problem with how they are solving the origin of Nubia in the current series, I still prefer that Nubia is the lost sister, molded by Hyppolita, perhaps with the help of Philippus, breathed with life by Gea, perhaps she does not receive the gifts of the Goddesses, perhaps yes... She should be almost as powerful as Diana and a lot more powerful than the rest of the Amazons of course.
    I like the idea of having been kidnapped by Ares or some other malicious god to counteract the power of Diana, finally Nubia manages to escape and live her life until she finds her way to the Island and her family.
    Almost at the same time that Diana wins the tournament to be the champion in the patriarchal world, Nubia wins another tournament to be the guardian of Dooms Doorway, at that time she is not isolated and demonstrating her worth and power is chosen by Hyppolita to succeed her as queen in her absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I'll vote other for combination of Phillipus' daughter and guardian of Doom's Doorway.

Long-lost twin is just too hoakey for me and I usually prefer Diana as the only child on the island.
    But Diana would be the only child on the island, since Nubia would have been kidnapped.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Hippolyta having 3 daughters (depending on Donnas origin) is just to much and I like Diana being the only one made of clay.

So I chose other. While I am fine with the Champion of Dooms Doorway....in my mind.....having her be Dianas doppelganger thrust into our Earth for some mysterious reason is a good in between. She's Diana's sister without being her sister. She can be just as strong as Diana or have been gifted with different powers.

Or I'm fine with her being molded by Ares trying to use her as a weapon against the Amazons once he gets wind of the Goddesses helping birth Diana.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-06-2022 at 09:45 AM.

I’m not reading her series. Just what is her current origin?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I’m not reading her series. Just what is her current origin?
    At the moment, reincarnated from the Well of Souls around the same time Diana was born.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post

But Diana would be the only child on the island, since Nubia would have been kidnapped.
    Ah, fair enough. Hadn't considered if I'd do the Ares kidnapping plot but still works.

I like the Champion of Doom's Doorway origin.

Like others, I prefer Diana an only child. I like the link between Nubia being the first Amazon Champion and Diana the latest. I think Nubia being a veteran who's been in the s**t can offer a fun contrast to the relatively wide-eyed Diana. And she can still be Diana's equal through sheer experience or getting blessed by other gods.

I like her as Diana's twin and ruler of Slaughter Island, only because there's something so Wakanda about it and we didn't get to see enough of Thalorian (Achilles Warkiller's island) during Gail's run and it's a similar concept. Of course if she is a mystical twin Jason also has to be addressed. Diana, Nubia, Grail and Jason are a lot of babies being born on Themyscira at the same time. Somebody has to be lying.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I prefer the idea of her being Philippus's daughter. That preserves the "sisters" aspect with Diana in a sense. But I don't like the story of Diana's birth being shared with anyone (better Nubia than Jason though), and I feel like Donna really has to struggle with being relevant as also being Hippolyta's daughter without having to also contend with Nubia.

So step-sisters it is. Her design in Historia is sick as hell and I'm excited to see what role she plays, but a part of him would have preferred if her spot was taken by another Amazons. He predating even Hippolyta as an Amazon seems off to me.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I like her as Diana's twin and ruler of Slaughter Island, only because there's something so Wakanda about it and we didn't get to see enough of Thalorian (Achilles Warkiller's island) during Gail's run and it's a similar concept. Of course if she is a mystical twin Jason also has to be addressed. Diana, Nubia, Grail and Jason are a lot of babies being born on Themyscira at the same time. Somebody has to be lying.
    Was Grail born on the island? It's been so long I do not remember.