Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Again, I thought Krakoa was better than any human nation.
    Except there's no reason to believe this. The founders and rulers of any nation believe their country will be better than all others. At least Krakoa has free healthcare...

Astonishing Member

Color me surprised that a bunch of wannabe autocrats ended up being self-serving, ineffectual, and about half of them regularly attempt to screw the nation as a whole on a regular basis.

I do disagree with the idea you need a corrupt ineffective government to tell a story. You might need an evil government to tell a mansion era story but I thought the entire point of this was to move past that?

Ah well. Rise up, proletariat!

The Red Dragon

Most of them are villains or morally dubious. What did we expect? I thought the decision to let a bunch of “ex” bad guys make decisions to run the island was stupid in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't think anyone in their right mind reading these books would say that it's good governance. It isn't. And I don't think it was ever meant to be. But it certainly isn't "true villainy".
    For the sake of the stories being written it cannot be good governance and especially not with these QC characters specifically and intentionally chosen and involved.
    Yeah that’s why I was specifically responding to the comment saying that the QC hadn’t failed the Krakoan people in any way. I don’t see the point in trying to find a “true villain” because part of the appeal of this era is having multiple moving parts and threats to Krakoa’s success coming from multiple angles.

Nah, I think the people actively trying to murder mutants are the villains. As flawed as the Quiet Council is, at least they didn't plan on hacking the Gates to fry every mutant with death lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Nah, I think the people actively trying to murder mutants are the villains. As flawed as the Quiet Council is, at least they didn't plan on hacking the Gates to fry every mutant with death lasers.
    You say that like Sinister or Beast does not have that exact plan in their bottom drawer labeled “For future experimentation”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And isn't that all that matters, despite their individual and personal faults?

It's not as though they themselves don't know that they're a petty, spiteful, self serving and egotistical bunch...as the stories show, they are all fully aware yet still they persevere.

Xavier, Erik and Moira's one mistake from the very start was not letting the other members of the QC know exactly what was happening and why. There-in lies the fatal lack of trust...which has been resolved (Inferno 04)

And seen from another perspective no nation IRL is run by a government that's not made up of people who are all that you describe and much worse.
    I thought their mistake was letting Mystique on the council in the first place.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Please, Mystique is like the fourth…fifth worst person to put on the council. They put Apocalypse, Sinister, Shaw and Colussus on there. Exodus is a ymmv

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Looks like Gillen will address the QC concerns...
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-gillen-im...men-interview/
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

When a read the title I thoght you mean White, Duggan, Howard, Ayala and Percy.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah that’s why I was specifically responding to the comment saying that the QC hadn’t failed the Krakoan people in any way. I don’t see the point in trying to find a “true villain” because part of the appeal of this era is having multiple moving parts and threats to Krakoa’s success coming from multiple angles.
    Exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    You say that like Sinister or Beast does not have that exact plan in their bottom drawer labeled “For future experimentation”
    Yeah, but they're not going to be doing it for the sake of the Council, but their own personal desires. Beast isn't even on the Council. And if any of them tried something like that, everyone else on the Council would work to stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I think this thread is operating from a bit of a logical fallacy in that in the Krakoan era, the X-Line really aren't "superhero" books any more with "heroes" and "villains."

We're in speculative fiction territory now and these are stories of varying levels of machinations on the political, sci-fi/fantasy, philosophical, ethical, and even "religious" realms.

There are no simple "good guys" or "bad guys" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I think this thread is operating from a bit of a logical fallacy in that in the Krakoan era, the X-Line really aren't "superhero" books any more with "heroes" and "villains."

We're in speculative fiction territory now and these are stories of varying levels of machinations on the political, sci-fi/fantasy, philosophical, ethical, and even "religious" realms.

There are no simple "good guys" or "bad guys" anymore.
    I think this just about sums up the divide in the X-Men fandom regarding the current era in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this just about sums up the divide in the X-Men fandom regarding the current era in some ways.
    That seems to be the case to me as well.