Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default It's time we acknowledge the true villains of the Krakoan era

The Quiet Council.

Yes, Orchis and other Mutant hating groups/robots are a more overt threat... but they are like seasons. They come, they go, but make no mistake they will inevitably change and be replaced by another.

The Quiet Council however? They're a different sort of beast. a deep rooted one

If Krakoa is a Great Wood, then its leadership is a rot that does nothing more than seek to eat it from the inside out.

If anything can be gleaned from Inferno and the rest of the books, it is that Our Leaders can not be trusted.

They are petty
    They are spiteful
    They are Self serving
    They are egotistical

And don't get me wrong, I fully believe they fully believe they have Krakoa's best interest at heart.

The Quiet Council was actually supposed to disband as soon as Krakoa got everything in order. But instead, they've taken every opportunity to consolidate their power.

Extraordinary Member

Absolutely, worst of all they are self appointed and they think voting amongst themselves for the fate of mutantkind is somehow fair

They aren't, but go off.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    The Quiet Council.

Yes, Orchis and other Mutant hating groups/robots are a more overt threat... but they are like seasons. They come, they go, but make no mistake they will inevitably change and be replaced by another.

The Quiet Council however? They're a different sort of beast. a deep rooted one

If Krakoa is a Great Wood, then its leadership is a rot that does nothing more than seek to eat it from the inside out.

If anything can be gleaned from Inferno and the rest of the books, it is that Our Leaders can not be trusted.

They are petty
    They are spiteful
    They are Self serving
    They are egotistical

And don't get me wrong, I fully believe they fully believe they have Krakoa's best interest at heart.
    And isn't that all that matters, despite their individual and personal faults?

It's not as though they themselves don't know that they're a petty, spiteful, self serving and egotistical bunch...as the stories show, they are all fully aware yet still they persevere.

Xavier, Erik and Moira's one mistake from the very start was not letting the other members of the QC know exactly what was happening and why. There-in lies the fatal lack of trust...which has been resolved (Inferno 04)

And seen from another perspective no nation IRL is run by a government that's not made up of people who are all that you describe and much worse.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-06-2022 at 04:51 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

It's not as though they themselves don't know that they're a petty, spiteful, self serving and egotistical bunch...as the stories show, they are all fully aware yet still they persevere.

Xavier, Erik and Moira's one mistake from the very start was not letting the other members of the QC know exactly what was happening and why.

And seen from another perspective no nation IRL is run by a government that's not made up of people who are all that you describe and much worse.
    I thought Krakoa was supposed to be better than any human government.

You thought wrong.

That may have been their intent but...they all had to know they would fall way short of that aspiration.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-06-2022 at 04:54 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

You thought wrong.
    Well, they keep saying it over and over, so can you blame me?

Mighty Member

Xavier, Erik and Moira's one mistake from the very start was not letting the other members of the QC know exactly what was happening and why.

No? Desire does not equate to action. Messing up time and time again and doing the worst or the most misaligned for your people cause you think it could be the best for them doesn't change anything.

And I don't give a damn about what IRL governments do, these are a collections of books and stories. with a narrative it is pushing. Being true to life, doesn't suddenly make me go "Ah well, that's just how life is."

This is a series based around superheroes.

The fallible actions of corrupt politicians isn't something we're supposed to be all "It is what it is" about

Mighty Member

You think I wanna read about corrupt politicians not being held to account, cause I can't hold my own to account?

So...you want stories and characters that no one is interested in writing.

Understood.

Mighty Member

Understood.
    That's certainly is a conclusion.

One I don't know how the **** you came to

But it is one.

Understood.
    I mean... Yes? Our tastes don't have to match up with what the writers are writing. There's nothing wrong with that.

Have the actively failed the people of Krakoa in any way so far? Seems like theyve been doing a decent job at doing what their job entails which is , protecting and bettering the people of krakoa. Yes their have been some hiccups which is to be expected when dealing with different types of people who all want Krakoas best interest at heart.

Ofc it could be better, but, i just dont see their relationships with each other having any affect on the krakoa as of yet. The quiet council is an incredibly flawed form of government and thats what makes it so much fun in my opinion.

At the end of the day the QC all want the same thing or at least most members do
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I also see them as self serving. The ones that are supposed to provide checks and balances (Storm, Nightcrawler, Kitty) are currently wallpaper. Hopefully that changes in Immortal X-Men. Not holding my breath tho.