Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    When you die and are ressurected your powers come back stronger. It looks like TK to me especially with the screws etc...and as if Nimrod the lesser doesn't have TP protection. He should have TK protection too mind you.

Xavier used it to levitate a flash disk earlier. And Nova tapped into it when she stole his body
    It was written that Nova did this, but people will discount just as they have done with Jean using Emma's and Everett using Emma's.

Hickmans already had Xavier use TK. I don't think there's any point in trying to no prize it away its fairly consistent with his portrayal.

Bendis had the red haired Cuckoos TK a bowl on Icemans head but Duggan has Esme say whats posted above.

Same for Kid Omega who suddenly got TK in WATXM
    Hickmans already had Xavier use TK. I don't think there's any point in trying to no prize it away its fairly consistent with his portrayal.

Bendis had the red haired Cuckoos TK a bowl on Icemans head but Duggan has Esme say whats posted above.

Thank you. We may not *like* some of these developments or agree they should have been done but it's what is out there. I still content that a combination of Xavier's getting his powers back and slightly boosted from the M'Kraan crystal in RaFotSE plus the Cluster body steal has given him access to abilities that we barely present before. And they are choosing to use limited functions now vs making him a full fledged tk user.

Astonishing Member

It's true that Cassandra Nova had telekinesis by accessing the full potential of Charles' dna
    But I think that attack should be seen as a very physically draining energy (psionic) beam, not as telekinesis

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Because he has been reborn several times and those who are reborn get power boosts.
    Yup being reborn keeps boosting the mutant powers.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Yup being reborn keeps boosting the mutant powers.
    Wouldn’t that take Jean off the Omega list since QQ has died more time than I can count?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Ultimate Member

That's the one that burns me the most. Morrison's Quire used the power-enhancing drug Kick to give himself enough telepathic power to influence people, and overwhelm lesser telepath Slick and shut down his psychic illusions, but, before then, was generally thought to be a nobody and held in contempt by the frikkin' Cuckoos, let alpha telepaths like Emma, Jean or Charles.

Then he sort of spontaneously became an Omega telepath, because his name was Kid Omega? So, Glob Herman, who was also in the 'Omega Gang' is an Omega, too, by that logic? Oh, and then Quire got telekinesis, for free, too!

And Martha Johanssen, a totally different character than the made-up 'No-Girl,' imaginary girlfriend to Basilisk, has been conflated with this imaginary person and is now called No-Girl? Yeesh. I'm not the biggest fan of Morrison's run, or some of the characters introduced in it (ugh, Beak...), but if you're going to use them, get them right...

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Ugh, WATXM.

Astonishing Member

2971502-img_1860.jpg
    He just keeps it to hinself for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    2971502-img_1860.jpg
    He just keeps it to hinself for fun.
    Another great example from the original run.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Hairbrained theory, when I read this, I thought it looked very much like somehow both Charle's and Erik's powers combined - pyschomagnesis (I'm coining that phrase). They were discussing something unsaid right before, so I actually wonder if somehow this was actually what happened. It's a wild theory, but maybe?
    I actually think this is likely, maybe Magneto and Xavier have been training in secret to synchronise their attacks like conduits for each other? It is a wild theory but it does make sense because Xavier for example probably needed to train Magneto in telepathic blocking while sitting at the QC or if it was Magneto borrowing Xavier's shielding next to him or at a distance to explain how Emma,Jean and Exodus were not onto this secret earlier. Working in tandem explains it better for me.

I think people are missing a very possible explanation: Hellion was lurking in the shadows, waiting for Xavier's cue to attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I just reread his entry in the old handbook and it states, "Professor X is unable to control matter psychokinetically to create psionic force fields, to project physical force bolts, or to mentally probe buildings, machines, or chemical substances. Examples of his performing any of these feats were either freak occurrences or were accomplished with the aid of artificial devices."
    Now that doesn't mean with all the deaths and rebirths, Charles' powers didn't expand. And for me, I don't mind him having minor telekinesis or large displays of psionic outbursts that affects matter, when he's in dire situations. They just shouldn't go overboard and make him moving stuff all the time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I just reread his entry in the old handbook and it states, "Professor X is unable to control matter psychokinetically to create psionic force fields, to project physical force bolts, or to mentally probe buildings, machines, or chemical substances. Examples of his performing any of these feats were either freak occurrences or were accomplished with the aid of artificial devices."
    Now that doesn't mean with all the deaths and rebirths, Charles' powers didn't expand. And for me, I don't mind him having minor telekinesis or large displays of psionic outbursts that affects matter, when he's in dire situations. They just shouldn't go overboard and make him moving stuff all the time.
    Yeah, that's back when Marvel made an attempt to consistently portray characters. I liked it, but modern writers find it too limiting and want MOAR FEATZ!

There's also the odd quibble that both telepathy and telekinesis are powers that non-mutant humans can learn through training. Training by mystics like Dr. Druid or Dr. Strange, on the one hand, or by aliens, in the case of Moondragon, Mantis or 'Bob' the Uranian/Marvel Boy.

So, in theory, *all* of the X-Men could be telepaths and telekinetics, if they really wanted to be. Xavier could just go all Oprah one day and start handing out telepathic training the same way he hands out new languages, downloading the skills right into their brains. "You're a telepath, you're a telepath, everyone's a telepath!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Title and issue please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Because continuity and consistent characterization doesn't matter anymore.
    That’s actually the correct answer. However, as longtime Marvel zombies, we owe it to ourselves to come up with a better, no-prize-worthy demonstration of Marvel canon and logic.

Astonishing Member

Because Professor X be a lazy fucker and just wanted an excuse to not have to walk. Also Moira told him about the Sinister Stairs gag and he wanted to ensure it would happen.