Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All-New Member

RCO017_1475729696.jpg
    This was in Avengers Vs. X-Men #9, so he seems to do stuff like this and then die not long after lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

wow How original (I'm being sarcastic) another telepath who is also potentially telekinetic lol.

Lazy editors will continue to allow incompetent and unoriginal writers who don't understand that they are two different powers ....

In Marvel most of the telepaths are telekinetic bores with the same powerset all.

Hairbrained theory, when I read this, I thought it looked very much like somehow both Charle's and Erik's powers combined - pyschomagnesis (I'm coining that phrase). They were discussing something unsaid right before, so I actually wonder if somehow this was actually what happened. It's a wild theory, but maybe?

Xavier does not have telekinesis. That was his telepathic power focused into a psychic blast.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yeah I'm firmly in the camp that Xavier used a very powerful tp blast as he has done before.

Though in Ultimate X-men Xavier was a low level tk. I wasn't a fan. I don't think all tp's need tk. So many characters that started out just as telepaths have also become telekinetic- Quire, Betsy, Kwannon, even Blindfold if I'm not mistaken. I think there are many more.

I hope we don't see more of Xavier doing tk-ish stunts. The stunt in House of X/Powers of X with the flash drive I explained away as Magneto doing it lol But for all we know JDW and company feel that Xavier is a tk. I mean there are fans on this very forum that argue that the cuckoos are telekinetic.

I prefer tp and tk be separate and distinct powers. They shouldn't bleed over so much but unfortunately they do.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

So, while I'm firmly in the Xavier displayed a focused telepathic blast akin to Bets' psycho-blast camp, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention this.

There's actually two possible instances of Xavier using what appears to be telekinesis in this issue. The above instance that OP highlighted, but there's the other instance after Magneto's first attacked Nimrod and Omega Sentinel. On page 9 if someone could post it, Nimrod and Omega Sentinel respond with a blast of their own, Magneto creates a shield of metal, however Xavier seems to be protecting some kind of blue wavy shield as well.

Its entirely possible that it's Magneto's powers but it isn't how Magneto's powers are drawn at any other point in this issue and these wavy blue lines seems to be emanating from the Cerebro helmet.

Does anyone know what page I'm describing?

No one wrote it?

But in all seriousness if Phoenix is the nexus of all psychic powers then it would make sense that all telepaths in some sense draw their power from that source so depending on how powerful they are it's not unbelievable that they would be able to draw on any of the potential psychic abilities the phoenix displays as the source of psionic energy. I think the difference with omega and regular telepath is omega's can become their own phoenix's and thus their own nexus of power. So perhaps sometimes xavier has tk and sometimes he doesn't depending on his emotional state.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    So, while I'm firmly in the Xavier displayed a focused telepathic blast akin to Bets' psycho-blast camp, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention this.

There's actually two possible instances of Xavier using what appears to be telekinesis in this issue. The above instance that OP highlighted, but there's the other instance after Magneto's first attacked Nimrod and Omega Sentinel. On page 9 if someone could post it, Nimrod and Omega Sentinel respond with a blast of their own, Magneto creates a shield of metal, however Xavier seems to be protecting some kind of blue wavy shield as well.

Its entirely possible that it's Magneto's powers but it isn't how Magneto's powers are drawn at any other point in this issue and these wavy blue lines seems to be emanating from the Cerebro helmet.

Does anyone know what page I'm describing?
    I get what you're saying as they're both posed like they're deflecting the attack, but I think it's just the artist's choice there.

Xavier just has some squiggly lines coming from his helmet, not necessarily some kind of protective field as it doesn't even go past the front of his arm. It could just be he's in battle stance and Magneto is deflecting everything.

I don't know why people think that is TK when clearly the drawing shows an artificial brain in Nimrod.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Hairbrained theory, when I read this, I thought it looked very much like somehow both Charle's and Erik's powers combined - pyschomagnesis (I'm coining that phrase). They were discussing something unsaid right before, so I actually wonder if somehow this was actually what happened. It's a wild theory, but maybe?
    This "hairbrained" theory actually makes the most sense. Especially when the whole mutant thing right now is conduits and we saw Lorna/Jean combine their powers before so it makes sense at the levels magneto and xavier were using their powers they would have resonated and charles is a premiere telepath. not so wild at all.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I mean there are fans on this very forum that argue that the cuckoos are telekinetic.
    Interesting…

And Jean did “finish it.”

Bloop.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

When you die and are ressurected your powers come back stronger. It looks like TK to me especially with the screws etc...and as if Nimrod the lesser doesn't have TP protection. He should have TK protection too mind you.

Xavier used it to levitate a flash disk earlier. And Nova tapped into it when she stole his body
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-07-2022 at 02:23 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I get what you're saying as they're both posed like they're deflecting the attack, but I think it's just the artist's choice there.

Xavier just has some squiggly lines coming from his helmet, not necessarily some kind of protective field as it doesn't even go past the front of his arm. It could just be he's in battle stance and Magneto is deflecting everything.

Thank you!!!

Entirely possible as well, but I'm left wondering exactly what Xavier could be doing in the above instance to deflect or prepare for a massive energy attack with just telepathy?

And tbf this is the only time this issue when attacked we see Xavier's telepathy manifest as squiggly lines or for that matter in this entire era.

Although it could also be Magneto's abilities deflecting the force of the attack.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 01-07-2022 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

Hickmans already had Xavier use TK. I don't think there's any point in trying to no prize it away its fairly consistent with his portrayal.

Bendis had the red haired Cuckoos TK a bowl on Icemans head but Duggan has Esme say whats posted above.

Same for Kid Omega who suddenly got TK in WATXM

EDIT: Nevermind! I made a mistake!
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-07-2022 at 04:50 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."