Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This book's cast is solid! Absolutely fantastic. I wasn't expecting Sunspot and Vulcan but I'm so glad they're onboard.
    I too hope Bobby appears as it makes a lot of sense to me that he be with this squad. In due time, perhaps.

Let's go!
    Totally agree with this in regards to Berto and Gabe. Gabe is such a fascinating pick and I am intrigued as to why and how he became aligned with Brand. Is she promising to help him get his title back? I hope Manifold and Frenzy are still in play here, as well as Whiz Kid.
    I would love to see Bobby in this as well as he's "homeless" but I don't see him jumping back into X-Men unless they shakeup the entire cast. I don't think it's in their best interest to have 3/5 of the OG cast in X-Men just yet. Plenty of other characters need some limelight (cough cough Sofia)

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    That’s how Hickman tends to write him. Al Ewing’s Sunspot is a boss and on a different level. Excited for this book.
    We'll see. I'm still going to read it, though. Should be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

definitely picking this up.

manifesting more hadari yao, storm being a boss such as taking on and beating Vulcan, and ruling the galaxy alongside her man tchalla. loving this era for its potential now marvel let's make it a reality.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If I must have just one tiny, miniscule, inconsequential nit (apart from Storm's ugly boots) is Maggie dusting off his old red/purple suit.
    I really love both the white and the Black versions of his current look and would have loved to see a red/purple variant of that design, instead.
    I guess he decided if he was going to the Planet of "War" he may as well use his war uniform I also would like a modern version of his classic look.

But really...there's absolutely nothing here for me to complain about.
    Agreed completely, I hope Ewing doesn´t hold back with this team. Storm, Magneto, Cable, Sunspot, Brand, lest go
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    definitely picking this up.

manifesting more hadari yao, storm being a boss such as taking on and beating Vulcan, and ruling the galaxy alongside her man tchalla. loving this era for its potential now marvel let's make it a reality.
    The feats that are coming, this is the omega book for sure!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I hope we do get to see other characters from SWORD besides Brand. I want more Frenzy and Taki and Peepers.
    Ewing is a bit like Claremont...while he may have his faves he's a competent and balanced enough writer to make good use of an ensemble cast and allow other characters to have their moments of import and shine.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I hope we do get to see other characters from SWORD besides Brand. I want more Frenzy and Taki and Peepers.
    Ewing is a bit like Claremont...while he may have his faves he's a competent and balanced enough writer to make good use of an ensemble cast and allow other characters to have their moments of import and shine.
    Wel with Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, Brand, Vulcan and the Great Ring charaters, it seems there is already quite a cast to work with. So I think they might be background characters of we're lucky.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Hope so. I need some badass Cable moments.

Cast looks amazing but I really hope Frenzy and Manifold are sticking around.

I'm happy we will get two issues of The book in april. It Will help speed things up and compensate for the wait.

I guess I'll give this a shot, but this book doesn't have the team feel I'm looking for... I'm not sure why magneto is front and center, and cable is... around.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    People are talking about the "team" but it doesn't seem to me like there's really a team in this book. More like just a cast of characters interacting and some in opposing sides.
    I wish I saw this first, before I posted.

Now this is what I'm talking about!

Incredible Member

so im assuming magneto is broken and leaves the quiet council after learning what moira was really up to and the part he was playing in it. interested to see what his role in this series going to be

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I guess I'll give this a shot, but this book doesn't have the team feel I'm looking for... I'm not sure why magneto is front and center, and cable is... around.
    Magneto is a bigger character and more iconic, especially these days (in the 90s arguably not). And Ewing loves some Sunspot. So I fully expect those three (Storm, Mags and Sunspot) plus Abigail Brand to be the core characters. I’m sure Vulcan and Cable will play decent sized supporting roles, though.