Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    People are talking about the "team" but it doesn't seem to me like there's really a team in this book. More like just a cast of characters interacting and some in opposing sides.
    Yupp. Its more of an ensemble cast similar to Immortal X-Men and how that might be written. Political intrigue and machinations but on a space/cosmic scale.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Really excited for this.

Hope they add other elementals to the cast like Iceman and Wind Dancer.

A Storm, Magneto, Cable, Sunspot, Iceman, Vulcan, Brand, Wind Dancer, Frenzy and Wiz Kid cast would make me very happy.

BANNED

I'm in on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    This thread has a misleading title. It should be "X-Men Superstar Sunspot Gets Solo On-Going Book, to feature some other X-Related Characters in Supporting Roles".
    Don't you mean Citizen X?

The Storm / Magneto / Sunspot trio is not the one I knew I needed but I am absolutely here for it! Great combo of personalities there.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    so im assuming magneto is broken and leaves the quiet council after learning what moira was really up to and the part he was playing in it. interested to see what his role in this series going to be
    I hope he rolls up to the Great Ring and says, "which one of you is giving me your seat?", just for the drama.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Tarn starts to make some stupid remark and Maggie encases him in iron and "punts" him to Phobos, cracking Feilong's Dyson shield.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=147090420

Article mentions that Vulcan and Cable are on the team as well
    I love that giant **** eating grin on Sunspot, and Mags is looking swole AF

This is just perfect. Between this and Inmortal X-Men, I'm good. Anything else we get after this is just a bonus.

just a random silly thought...That far away from the Sun, just how is Roberto staying charged in Shi'ar Space?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    just a random silly thought...That far away from the Sun, just how is Roberto staying charged in Shi'ar Space?
    He draws energy from suns and stars not just earth’s sun. He also can now gain power from heat, fire, and light energy for example a laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I hope he rolls up to the Great Ring and says, "which one of you is giving me your seat?", just for the drama.
    I love mags but he ain't got what it takes to shiv them when push comes to shove he is too soft now. You gotta shiv them to make them understand you ain't there to **** around ala storm to tarn. Plus it did say he was broken aka depressed so xmen red would gave his arc likely be getting his mojo back whilst supporting and advising storm. He is gonna get cool feats too

Yeah, I think we will be seeing a disillusioned Magnus, less interested in direct governance after Inferno and everything. I look forward to seeing him more reserved, and advising Ororo in her pursuits. I loved their dynamic back in the Claremont days, after Charles left for Shi'Ar space, leaving them in charge[of the team, and students, respectively]. Ewing did so well with both of them individually in his SWORD run, seeing them together, consistently, will be great, especially with Roberto and Nathan in the mix.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

I'm still holding out hope that Iceman is a main in this too and just being kept under wraps for the moment for a reason......maybe its self-deluding, lol, but I keep focusing on the playlist Ewing released when teasing X-Men Red. There's just WAY too many songs on that playlist that can't seem to apply to anyone but Bobby. For instance one of the songs is called Glacier, and if you go on youtube and look up the official music video for that song, its literally full of footage from various historical fights for LGBTQ+ rights, like, that's literally the focus of the music video. C'mon, songs like Glacier and Indestructible by Robyn and references to LGBTQ+ rights as well as Iceman's focus lately on Arakko and pushing himself as an omega in the exact kind of ways that reflect the themes of the Arakkii as a whole and what it takes to gain their respect....don't TELL me Iceman's not supposed to be a main in this title too!

*sobs brokenly and with desperation* Please Ewing, don't tell me that. Don't do that to me. I had such hopes!

Quote Originally Posted by MYCMTSC View Post
    The Storm / Magneto / Sunspot trio is not the one I knew I needed but I am absolutely here for it! Great combo of personalities there.
    Certainly feels like they will be the featured stars of the book from the cover of issue #1. With Brand and Vulcan as foils, and Cable doing… something mysterious. I look forward to some Ewing interviews where we’ll learn more about the roles each character will play in the book, as well as maybe getting a peak at some art, variant covers, character sketches, etc.

I’m also hoping some other characters get new costumes along with Ororo. Cable could certainly use an update. His current one he’s had since he came back in Cable Reloaded is very generic 90s Cable honestly. Kind of a step backwards if you ask me.