Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It seems that Ewing finally understood that people are tired of tie-ins and crossovers in his books.
    I think all the writers think this. But creating and selling “events” are part of the job description at Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Great interview. Would be nice if their was a link for the masses where we could preorder without relying on a shop to deem this will sell. Especially a book with such a diverse cast could really use some word of mouth from the masses, hopefully there will be a more direct market? preorder link at some point.?

Thinking about it, like how do we even take advantage of certain things to market comics to other people. Like during the pandemic are we like "contact your local comics shops ya'll and have them preorder a book for you." I mean in all honesty if there is no way to market these comics to get them into the hands of the actual readers and simply relying on orders from places that obviously aren't known for wide community outreach how are the people suppose to get to it if by the time it's available decisions have already been made based on orders that could only put in from a very limited source, shops.
    If you can crack that marketing problem, then comic shops, and DC’s, Marvel’s and Image’s sales, marketing and distribution departments would reward you with gainful employment, I’m sure. Heck, I think even distributors like Diamond would come knocking at your door.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Definitely has me thinking that like, an early plot point is one of Krakoa's omegas other than Storm is going to get into a fight with a Great Ring member or one of the Night Table omegas, perhaps not even REALIZING they have a seat at the table....and the unexpected resolution that causes political dominoes to fall is what they thought was just a random fight with a powerful Arakkii who pissed them off ends up with all of Arakko being like "well that makes you our newest Council member now, well done." And they're like....wait, what?
    And I'm wondering if the opposite might occur. Sinister and Colossus' times on the Quiet Council seem limited (for different reasons), Magneto might already have a foot out the door, Mystique's pissed everybody not-named-Destiny off, etc. An Arakki on the QC would certainly put a fox in the henhouse...

I have no idea if he's one of the mutants who left Amenth with Arakko (since he was implied to live elsewhere, apart from the bulk of Arakki society), but White Sword could be an interesting presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    If you can crack that marketing problem, then comic shops, and DC’s, Marvel’s and Image’s sales, marketing and distribution departments would reward you with gainful employment, I’m sure. Heck, I think even distributors like Diamond would come knocking at your door.
    A start would be different avenues. Have variants be shop exclusives so they still have traction and then you have links on the bottom of solicitation to where digital copies can be pre-ordered or regular copies. You could also go into business with like office Depot office max and create like cards or inserts where a person can redeem digital codes but get quality prints at like Kinkos and stuff. The object is to get the books in as many hands as possible and giving the consumer a little more control in ordering can only be a benefit. Heck why doesn't marvel have a digital preorder so they can know if interest is there. From there you have twitter and stuff to soup up the story and links. There are so many things that can be attempted.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Comic shops can also participate in the digital aspect of printing. it can't be that expensive to invest in a duplex laser printer that does stapling. a 22 page comic with no ads printed would be what, about 6 actual pieces of paper printed front and back and the printer prints them. Or how about shops also having access to back catalog or a sign in to a database for retailers where they can print old comics on the spot perhaps even a black and white option that is more cost effective.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Anybody in America(the free shipping) if you plan on getting the printed issues and willing to make a 12 issue commitment you just can't beat the price.

https://subscriptions.marvel.com/

I don't have the space but if they do a similar deal for digital i would get it in a heartbeat.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    And I'm wondering if the opposite might occur. Sinister and Colossus' times on the Quiet Council seem limited (for different reasons), Magneto might already have a foot out the door, Mystique's pissed everybody not-named-Destiny off, etc. An Arakki on the QC would certainly put a fox in the henhouse...

I have no idea if he's one of the mutants who left Amenth with Arakko (since he was implied to live elsewhere, apart from the bulk of Arakki society), but White Sword could be an interesting presence.
    I've actually thought that too, and would definitely be down for it. And yeah as for the White Sword specifically, I don't get the impression he came with the rest of the Arakkii through to Earth and then Mars, since he and his champions left the battle in Otherworld before its conclusion. I've kinda assumed they went back to that Ivory Spire they built in Amenth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

WS stayed in Amenth, so unfortunately he's unavailable.I keep hearing Selene is coming in , and if Magneto is out and Gillen hints his issue starts with a profound change to the council. Selene showing up and somehow getting a seat without votes would be a big deal, for example being as old as she is I can see her knowing and having old ties with Arraki who say that since Storm is on our council ex-officio, we made the choice that Selene will represent us on your council.I think it's a believable twist and would show Selene to be a master strategist in the 'game of thrones'

Re-reading Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire right now. There’s so much for Ewing to play with in this book. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Re-reading Rise and Fall of the Shiar Empire right now. There’s so much for Ewing to play with in this book. Wow.
    Why do you say this? What does Rise and Fall have anything to do with X-Men Red? Besides Vulcan being in it.

Anyways, I am so living for the fact that an X-Book will be headlined by 3 of my favorite characters and sexy trio of Ororo, Erik, and Nathan! And this is the flagship?! I love it!!
    Last edited by Wolfsbane; 01-21-2022 at 08:07 PM.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Vulcan, mad with rage, flies into space and marries Deathbird, kills D’ken and installs himself as Emperor of the Shiar. I’m about to read War of Kings next, which I never read, that’s the follow up to that story.

But my point is that for a book set in space there would seem to be a lot Ewing could play with here, with regards to “that time Vulcan went insane and murdered his way onto the Shiar throne.” At least I would think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Vulcan, mad with rage, flies into space and marries Deathbird, kills D’ken and installs himself as Emperor of the Shiar. I’m about to read War of Kings next, which I never read, that’s the follow up to that story.

But my point is that for a book set in space there would seem to be a lot Ewing could play with here, with regards to “that time Vulcan went insane and murdered his way onto the Shiar throne.” At least I would think so.
    Ah, I understand your thoughts. And now that I think of it, to your point, I’m sure the Shia’r will play a bigger role in this book.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Ah, I understand your thoughts. And now that I think of it, to your point, I’m sure the Shia’r will play a bigger role in this book.
    Agreed. Great plot point, and with the relationship between Storm/Xandra being a point of note the past year, I can see it being a card Brand would play to bring Storm into conflict with an unstable Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. Great plot point, and with the relationship between Storm/Xandra being a point of note the past year, I can see it being a card Brand would play to bring Storm into conflict with an unstable Vulcan.
    I love the sound of this. Top tier intergalactic drama with incredibly powerful characters.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I love the sound of this. Top tier intergalactic drama with incredibly powerful characters.
    Agreed! I cannot wait for this book. The solicit has me thinking, if the Arakki need something greater than a Regent/Queen, then….I am thinking a symbol they can aspire to? Looking forward to seeing if we get our own team of Arakki X-Men that becomes a symbol of xxxx for the Sol System.