Extraordinary Member

Default Jeff Lemire is now Image Exclusive

JEFF LEMIRE INKS EXCLUSIVE DEAL WITH IMAGE COMICS FOR UPCOMING PROJECTS
    Award winning, bestselling creator Jeff Lemire has inked an exclusive deal with Image Comics—making Image his home publisher for all forthcoming projects launching in 2022 and beyond.

Lemire is a longtime creator with Image with a deep backlist of hit titles, in particular: Descender and Ascender with Dustin Nguyen, Gideon Falls and Primordial with Andrea Sorrentino, A.D.: After Death with Scott Snyder, Family Tree with Phil Hester, Plutona with Emi Lenox, and his solo project Royal City. In 2022 he will re-team with Nugyen for the upcoming Little Monsters in March and then with Sorrentino on The Bone Orchard Mythos of shared horror universe titles.

Lemire has a number of soon-to-be announced projects lined up with Image to round out his catalog in the coming year, some solo projects written and drawn by him and some that will feature his work in collaboration with artists new-to-Image.

“Having worked with Image on so many projects over the last decade, I’ve come to appreciate the complete creative freedom and support that they’ve provided me," said Lemire. "I’m excited to make Image the exclusive home for all my projects in the years to come, both solo projects that I will draw myself, and my various collaborations. Bone Orchard and Little Monsters are just the start of what I have planned this year and beyond.”

He is also known for the critically acclaimed Sweet Tooth (which has a Netflix adaptation of the same name), Trillium, Essex County, The Underwater Welder, Black Hammer, and more.

A number of Lemire's works have caught the attention of Hollywood with Essex County in development at CBC, Underwater Welder at Waypoint Entertainment with Ryan Gosling attached as producer, Snow Angels at AMC, Gideon Falls with Hivemind, Descender at Lark and NBC Universal, and Family Tree with Orion.

Good for him.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't care where he's at as long as it's keeps being amazing. I mean, I'll be sad not to see a follow up to his Robin and Batman for instance but his solo stuff has always been amazing.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I always love his stuff and he had a run on Superboy that I liked. Does he take Black Hammer with him.

Ultimate Member

Has anyone else signed a similar exclusive contract with Image or any of the other "big" indies?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Has anyone else signed a similar exclusive contract with Image or any of the other "big" indies?
    Ed Brubaker was the first. It started with Fatale in 2012 and continues to this day.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Incredible Member

Good for him. Let's celebrate with a second HC of Gideon Falls will you?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I always love his stuff and he had a run on Superboy that I liked. Does he take Black Hammer with him.
    https://jefflemire.substack.com/p/on...exclusive-deal
    I have an exemption in my Image deal to finish the last few Black Hammer series as planned. So Black Hammer Reborn, Madame Dragonfly (with Dean), and the Black Hammer: The End will continue as planned and come out through Dark Horse across 2022-2023. And all the new Black Hammer comics that I have planned for this Substack will also continue as planned. So, rest east Black Hammer fans, this new deal doesn’t effect my plans for the BH Universe at all.

Likewise, it won’t effect my plans for this Substack either. The Image deal if for print comics only, so I will also continue to publish lots of new comics online here as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Ed Brubaker was the first. It started with Fatale in 2012 and continues to this day.

-M
    Just want to point out it's Brubaker and Sean Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Just want to point out it's Brubaker and Sean Phillips.
    Brubaker's deal included Velvet with Steve Epting, it was a deal with Brubaker initially, and was for 5 projects. The other 4 projects were with Sean Phillips. When Brubaker re-upped the deal after the first 5 projects, it included the Brubaker-Phillips team instead of Brubaker alone.

So the initial deal was with Brubaker alone. But since it folded into the extension of that deal that included Sean Phillips, people assume it was for both all along.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Brubaker's deal included Velvet with Steve Epting, it was a deal with Brubaker initially, and was for 5 projects. The other 4 projects were with Sean Phillips. When Brubaker re-upped the deal after the first 5 projects, it included the Brubaker-Phillips team instead of Brubaker alone.

So the initial deal was with Brubaker alone. But since it folded into the extension of that deal that included Sean Phillips, people assume it was for both all along.

-M
    No, Velvet was before the deal. Here's an article from 2014 when the original deal was announced:

Brubaker Talks About His Exclusive Deal with Image Comics
    At last week's Image Expo, Ed Brubaker was saved as the last creator to take the stage, and with good reason. The crime comics writer announced that he and his longtime collaborator Sean Phillips had signed a five-year contract to produce comics exclusively for Image.