Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I like what the movies did to Mystic. They went with the whole human chameleon with scales thing, which I kind of like. I always felt Marvel mutants looked too human, and it kind of undercut their underlying premise. Don't get me wrong there should be a scale between somewhat human-looking and completely alien, but when the vast percentage of mutants just look like really fit humans it kind of goes against the whole idea that mutation makes you an outcast. I also liked that older drawings of Storm gave her more feline eyes.
    There was a reason for Ororo's feline-like eyes back then...

Are Marvel mutants too human looking? No, because they are human beings in addition to being mutants. They’re just the next, possible evolution of humans.

And here’s my smart-aleck answer, but you know it’s true.

Jordan, Duggan, and Hickman exiled all the ugly ones to Mars. Look out Beak and Glob! They’re gonna send you to Mars next. They put all the pretty ones on the important teams or the Quiet Council. They sent all the monsters and uglies to another planet. You can choose to ignore books with the monsters, unless you’re into those. Sure, you probably want to be upset with my description of the mutants of Arakko, but you know it’s true. I’m just describing what Marvel editorial did. They didn’t even let them have one of their own as ruler. They appointed a pretty ruler, Storm, not Sobunar the newt, who probably isn’t even human. Look up and down through those X teams and Quiet Council. People who look good rule on Krakoa and Mars. Bizarro demons don’t. What do you expect? It’s entertainment, Hollywood.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Are Marvel mutants too human looking? No, because they are human beings in addition to being mutants. They’re just the next, possible evolution of humans.
    Careful, reminding our fellow posters that most high-profile mutants have baseline human parents -- while B-list mutants are runaways and C-list mutants simply appeared out of thin air fully grown overnight -- might gain you scores of hate mail.

Jordan, Duggan, and Hickman exiled all the ugly ones to Mars. Look out Beak and Glob! They’re gonna send you to Mars next. They put all the pretty ones on the important teams or the Quiet Council. They sent all the monsters and uglies to another planet. You can choose to ignore books with the monsters, unless you’re into those. Sure, you probably want to be upset with my description of the mutants of Arakko, but you know it’s true. I’m just describing what Marvel editorial did. They didn’t even let them have one of their own as ruler. They appointed a pretty ruler, Storm, not Sobunar the newt, who probably isn’t even human. Look up and down through those X teams and Quiet Council. People who look good rule on Krakoa and Mars. Bizarro demons don’t. What do you expect? It’s entertainment, Hollywood.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'd be totally fine with it if something or someone triggered a "final stage" of the mutant gene that altered the phenotypes of every mutant. Not simply less human, but a completely new set of physical characteristics that distinguishes the group from homo sapiens altogether. Like a 3rd eye, or lynx-like ears, or maybe even spotted or tiger striped leathery skin. Oh, and just for the hell of it, add a splash of sexual dimorphism in there, whereby all of the women grow to be about 8 feet tall on average, while the men and nonbinaries are no taller than 5 feet.

Try that on for about a year in publication and see if it sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    There was a reason for Ororo's feline-like eyes back then...

Storm's look was meant for an alien girl in the legion of superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'd be totally fine with it if something or someone triggered a "final stage" of the mutant gene that altered the phenotypes of every mutant. Not simply less human, but a completely new set of physical characteristics that distinguishes the group from homo sapiens altogether. Like a 3rd eye, or lynx-like ears, or maybe even spotted or tiger striped leathery skin. Oh, and just for the hell of it, add a splash of sexual dimorphism in there, whereby all of the women grow to be about 8 feet tall on average, while the men and nonbinaries are no taller than 5 feet.

Try that on for about a year in publication and see if it sticks.
    Haha, Star Trek actually has an alien race sort of like that. The people on the planet "Angel One" have women that are about 6 feet and men only around 5.5.

Yes, and I find it annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

Considering that Marvel humans tend to murder anything that is strange to them, it makes sense that evolutionary pressure from Earth has meant that there are many more human-looking mutants in Krakoa than in Arakko, where they don't kill you for your appearance.

Sobunar wouldn't have survived two days after activating his X gene without being stabbed by his neighbor on Earth.

There are a ton of mutants that are less human looking (Gladiators, Morlocks, etc.) but they are seldom written or drawn into the books unfortunately.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume