Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Not sure how you like a creator by just couple of issues and keep spending money on books you don't like after dozens of issues. Do you spend money to say **** about comics and characters you don't like?Lol
    rude much? not here for this kind of tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    same here. Really looking forward what he will do with Exodus.
    Ditto for me. Exodus finally getting some shine in this era is long overdue.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Nah Krakoa is too advanced to require proxies just show them having holographic type communicators where in a moment they can yay or nay a matter that they have to give opinion on at short notice.There's no problem even if a member is not at the table at any given moment.

I like the idea of each member narrating a book and giving their perspective on the rest.That is an awesome way to get a richer feel for the characters.
    You a Star Trek Discovery fan? Something like that was in a recent episode. LOL

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    You a Star Trek Discovery fan? Something like that was in a recent episode. LOL
    A general sci-fi fan(STrek included) , I mean Krakoa is now too advanced not to be able to communicate remotely, I think we already got a glimpse of that capability in New Mutants 13 when Scott and Cable were communicating from the SWORD station to Ilyana on Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder who should replace Magneto on the Quiet Council?
    Who would Gillen write?

Astonishing Member

Although technically we don't know for sure that Magneto's giving up his seat as opposed to just stepping back and making a move to Arakko and X-Men Red - since its not like the commute is hard and Storm serves on both Councils herself - assuming he does step down fully, I don't really have any guess as to who Gillen might realistically pick to replace him on the Council. I wouldn't be surprised for it to be Hope, given her placement in Destiny of X promo art, the fact that Gillen's written her extensively before and likes her, and it being the kind of choice that can be spun as giving the younger generations of mutants a voice on the Council so its not just the same figures shaping mutant destiny as have been doing for literal decades. But personally, I'm hoping that's not what happens and if there is a new twelve council member, its a swerve we don't see coming - not because I don't like Hope, I do, its just....I think she's got plenty to keep her busy as one of the Five, which also gives her all the prestige and prominence needed to make whatever she says or does in-story matter to other characters whenever she's written having a major influence on future story events. In addition, she's done plenty to shape and influence the future of mutants already and there's a ton of other young mutants who would also make good choices and have been around a lot longer than Hope.

Like, my ideal wish would be for them to add someone like Dani Moonstar to the Council, or maybe Karma. Or if not a core X-Men affiliated character, like maybe the Council at least acknowledges that most previous picks have been made in an attempt to stack the deck and ensure certain voting blocs exist, then maybe have them give the seat to a mutant who's less well known but has 'impressive standing' or whatever, so they're not influenced by previous alliances or affiliations. Like any of the various powerful but solitary mutants encountered over the years who largely elected to stay out of conflicts between two sides of mutants in the past and had enough power to make people back off instead of being badgered/forced into picking a side.

I'm blanking on specific examples of this type at the moment, like someone like Gabriel Shepherd. Only not him exactly because I don't know if proto-mutants are even considered mutants under the Krakoan paradigm and current X-writers probably don't have any interest in untangling whether they do count or should be brought back since they have more than enough other mutants to play with. (Same as why I don't think they're likely to resurrect the Neo on Krakoa or resolve whether they're considered mutants by Cerebro when the Evolutionaries classified them as technically a divergent evolutionary branch).

I mean hell, tbh, I'd almost prefer if they made the twelfth Council member a brand new character ostensibly agreed on by the rest of the Council as a candidate representing the 'average Krakoan' - those mutants with no real history or involvement in the various conflicts between or involving high profile mutants, but who are supposed to be just as Krakoan and fundamental to their new society as the better known, more famous mutants we're all familiar with.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-17-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Although technically we don't know for sure that Magneto's giving up his seat as opposed to just stepping back and making a move to Arakko and X-Men Red - since its not like the commute is hard and Storm serves on both Councils herself - assuming he does step down fully, I don't really have any guess as to who Gillen might realistically pick to replace him on the Council. I wouldn't be surprised for it to be Hope, given her placement in Destiny of X promo art, the fact that Gillen's written her extensively before and likes her, and it being the kind of choice that can be spun as giving the younger generations of mutants a voice on the Council so its not just the same figures shaping mutant destiny as have been doing for literal decades. But personally, I'm hoping that's not what happens and if there is a new twelve council member, its a swerve we don't see coming - not because I don't like Hope, I do, its just....I think she's got plenty to keep her busy as one of the Five, which also gives her all the prestige and prominence needed to make whatever she says or does in-story matter to other characters whenever she's written having a major influence on future story events. In addition, she's done plenty to shape and influence the future of mutants already and there's a ton of other young mutants who would also make good choices and have been around a lot longer than Hope.

Like, my ideal wish would be for them to add someone like Dani Moonstar to the Council, or maybe Karma. Or if not a core X-Men affiliated character, like maybe the Council at least acknowledges that most previous picks have been made in an attempt to stack the deck and ensure certain voting blocs exist, then maybe have them give the seat to a mutant who's less well known but has 'impressive standing' or whatever, so they're not influenced by previous alliances or affiliations. Like any of the various powerful but solitary mutants encountered over the years who largely elected to stay out of conflicts between two sides of mutants in the past and had enough power to make people back off instead of being badgered/forced into picking a side.

I'm blanking on specific examples of this type at the moment, like someone like Gabriel Shepherd. Only not him exactly because I don't know if proto-mutants are even considered mutants under the Krakoan paradigm and current X-writers probably don't have any interest in untangling whether they do count or should be brought back since they have more than enough other mutants to play with. (Same as why I don't think they're likely to resurrect the Neo on Krakoa or resolve whether they're considered mutants by Cerebro when the Evolutionaries classified them as technically a divergent evolutionary branch).

I mean hell, tbh, I'd almost prefer if they made the twelfth Council member a brand new character ostensibly agreed on by the rest of the Council as a candidate representing the 'average Krakoan' - those mutants with no real history or involvement in the various conflicts between or involving high profile mutants, but who are supposed to be just as Krakoan and fundamental to their new society as the better known, more famous mutants we're all familiar with.
    I'm against any of the five being on the council, so that we don't have conflict of interest or 'beef' clouding judgement when a council member requires resurrecting, It is a silent unaddressed issue with Xavier already, we don't need to make it even more awkward (even if like with Xavier it is implied that there are no waves made) I'd put a guy like Xorn or Meggan (if it's a woman)..I think since Storm is on the Arraki council, it would be cool to have an unknown Arraki council member on Krakoa as ex-officio
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-17-2022 at 12:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Destiny took Apocalypse's seat, if Selene is part of the story looks a safe bet to say she may take Magneto's.I wonder who will take Jean's..Rachael perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Destiny took Apocalypse's seat, if Selene is part of the story looks a safe bet to say she may take Magneto's.I wonder who will take Jean's..Rachael perhaps?
    Colossus took Jean's seat in Inferno.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Colossus took Jean's seat in Inferno.
    Oh yeah , forgot that bit, ok so only one vacancy left.Guess Selene is likely addition

Mighty Member

I really hope it's Selene.

So much potential with her and yet she's rarely used or used badly. Thinking of her in a great book with a great writer makes me happy.

Also, she's backstabbing, untrustworthy, and has loads of powerful connections seeking wealth at all costs. She's perfect for Washington DC, err, I mean the Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    The nature of this book allows you to bring in characters and concepts that have their own titles like X-Force and The Marauders. Can you talk about how that will work?

I want it to feel like what's happening in those other books matters. Stuff like Arakko is especially high-level politics, but we are going to skip around a little because if you have a second job you aren't spending enough time thinking about the Quiet Council. If you're running the Marauders, you're missing meetings [laughs]. So, in some ways I'd say the characters that are around in other places are probably less important in my book. They're still part of the book, but they're not the people whose main job is The Quiet Council. They're not being played for fools or anything like that. They're just really busy!

It also sounds like their absences would make them vulnerable to machinations.

Yeah, I can't name names yet for a number of reasons. You can imagine though that some of the more kind-hearted ones being out of the room when the **** goes down are like, "You did what?!" They'd be outraged, but being good isn't being dumb either. So they'll act upon it. This is a really fun group of weirdos to write. The Quiet Council is not quiet at all. They're very loud.

Kicking off a new era of X-Men, Marvel's Immortal X-Men #1 goes on sale on March 30.
    Oh my goodness I can't tell you how happy I am that this is the development. Don't get me wrong Gillen is a great writer for anyone else that isn't Ororo Munroe especially. He doesn't get her and her voice feels very tame and she is very inconsequential to the plot when he writes her, that isn't unique to him alone a lot of writers are pretty incompetent when it comes to storm. But this makes me most happy because he can't derail what Ewing is going to be building in X-Men red. Arrako is very high politics indeed. Hopefully she just looks pretty and occasionally does one or two in the in the book, would only be reading for Selene, Bennett and the fashion. Lukas is very good loved the trial of magneto art work and the preview of storm and sinister is already GIVING!

We are in for a treat

I'm already in love with everything about this book. I want it now. I love what Gillen said about Werneck's art and wanting the characters to look glamorous. Gays, we're winning!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I really hope it's Selene.

So much potential with her and yet she's rarely used or used badly. Thinking of her in a great book with a great writer makes me happy.

Also, she's backstabbing, untrustworthy, and has loads of powerful connections seeking wealth at all costs. She's perfect for Washington DC, err, I mean the Council.
    I just want to see Emma's face when Selene takes a seat.

Astonishing Member

Please let it be that they have Magneto finally find out Sinister is Nosferatu and what makes him leave is utter disgust that he gets a seat on the council still. Come on Gillen, I know you love tearing down Nazis from Uber. Just one panel of Magneto impaling Sinister on a few dozen metal rods is all I need.