Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You just posted the design without context. Making Vulcan a magical character is a good hook tho.

To me I wished they popped up in Black Lightning. Have them be old school heroes BL knew back in the day. You could also give them kids based of the YJ version.

It's Alex Ross' redesign for Black Vulcan that he was going to use in his & Geoff Johns' proposed Shazam series that DC rejected.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Happy New Year everyone!

Super Friends was my favorite cartoon back in the day, and I have the two volume hardcover collection of the comic series.

I have a huge SF memorabilia collection that includes model cels, action figures, books, funko pops, stationary and greeting cards, and other things.

I even found (by chance) this item on Pottery Barn Kids that I'll use to display my HeroClix Super Friends characters.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love the Hall of Justice .

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Happy New Year everyone!

Super Friends was my favorite cartoon back in the day, and I have the two volume hardcover collection of the comic series.

I have a huge SF memorabilia collection that includes model cels, action figures, books, funko pops, stationary and greeting cards, and other things.

I even found (by chance) this item on Pottery Barn Kids that I'll use to display my HeroClix Super Friends characters.

I bought this a few weeks ago and it's quite impressive for a kids toy. Hopefully they make the Hall of Doom soon.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The DCAU updating the Wonder Twins, Apache Chief, Samurai, and Black Vulcan

Though renaming Black Vulcan to Juice was...a choice.

Of course Samurai became White Dragon

Apache Chief - Long Shadow

Young Justice's take on the original Super Friends in the Runaways (with Static filling in for Black Vulcan):

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Its been nice to see the characters re-imagined through the years. Shame nothing is really done with any of them outside of 1 or 2 guest apperances.

Last edited by Jon-El; 01-11-2022 at 09:20 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Yup its super cheesey and yup the "junior superfriends" bit almost ruins it, but hearing Ted Knight intoning, " In the great Hall of the Justice League, there are assembled the world's four greatest heroes" still gives me a bit of a thrill all these years later

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Thanks. Haven't seen this before. This was really cool.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Challenge of the Super Friends opening theme.