Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

short time? He's been around for over 80 years
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    It’s almost comical how they try to shoehorn Batman into everything. But the jokes on them I feel that Batman is in danger of being over exposed. I think it’s because WB has always positioned itself as the edgy alternative to Disney (even going back to the old Looney toons days) Batman fits better into how WB views itself. It’s why WB keep trying to recast it’s heroes into Batman’s mold with mixed results.
    I'm mostly a DC collector.

Most of my collecting history I've only collected trades.

I don't collect batman... I just always thought he was better represented in film and animation... though I enjoy him in team stories but not so much solo works.

I've switched to monthlies and trades for about a year now and easily by 100 singles a year and 40 or so trades...

And again I dont collect batman...

I can do this because there are so many non batman books.

Honesty you aren't even trying if you cant find these books go into a large comic shop and get all these minis and solo series of non batman books on your pull list and stop complaining that 1 dc hero is exceedingly popular.

There is just so much non batman minis, black label and ongoing books out there...

And yah, batman dominates sales because people like you complain instead of actually buying what is available, and its loads of stuff, particularly with all the new minis.

Be a part of the solution and not the complainers or problem.

Buy some books.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

For anyone who had doubts that Batman has too much influence at Warners, here's your proof. The Peacemaker show wasn't even allowed to make a joke about him:

https://www.cbr.com/batman-jab-peace...-gunn-sell-dc/
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    I'm mostly a DC collector.

Most of my collecting history I've only collected trades.

I don't collect batman... I just always thought he was better represented in film and animation... though I enjoy him in team stories but not so much solo works.

I've switched to monthlies and trades for about a year now and easily by 100 singles a year and 40 or so trades...

And again I dont collect batman...

I can do this because there are so many non batman books.

Honesty you aren't even trying if you cant find these books go into a large comic shop and get all these minis and solo series of non batman books on your pull list and stop complaining that 1 dc hero is exceedingly popular.

There is just so much non batman minis, black label and ongoing books out there...

And yah, batman dominates sales because people like you complain instead of actually buying what is available, and its loads of stuff, particularly with all the new minis.

Buy some books.
    I can see how they're too much in people's faces, but yeah. If they're written to your liking (I'm using the universal "you" here), there's plenty to choose from.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

Buy some books.
    Where is your evidence that anyone here is NOT buying books?

We all are. Everyone here are supporting other books.

It has been 18 years since I bought a Batman book at cover price. Because it's easier to wait till they hit bins or sales or Midtown's 60-80% sales.

The issue many are having is this constant shoe horning Batman into almost everything. When you don't have to.

Folks are frustrated the books they like can get the worst or agenda driven writers or editors that ruin the books.

Folks are frustrated that they get excuse after excuse when this or that book can't get made. Yet here is 50 more Batman books.

Folks are frustrated that it seems no matter what success others get-that is NOT good enough. Here are 50 more Batman books.

Folks are frustrated that more folks take issue with a Ms Marvel having unsold copies and not the LARGER pile of unsold Batman books most stores have. I know store owners who are tired of Batman because it's getting to be too much.

Because sooner more than later other fans will get tired of waiting. DC are going to lose them for GOOD to other companies. In fact it already has started. Look at Amazon sales. Remove Batman and DC is barely there in top sales of trades.

What folks want from DC it act like they give a damn about the other franchises. Stop viewing some as a threat to Batman. If Jace Fox has to be Batman to get a black character sales-what does that say about every other black character at DC?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Where is your evidence that anyone here is NOT buying books?

We all are. Everyone here are supporting other books.

It has been 18 years since I bought a Batman book at cover price. Because it's easier to wait till they hit bins or sales or Midtown's 60-80% sales.

The issue many are having is this constant shoe horning Batman into almost everything. When you don't have to.

Folks are frustrated the books they like can get the worst or agenda driven writers or editors that ruin the books.

Folks are frustrated that they get excuse after excuse when this or that book can't get made. Yet here is 50 more Batman books.

Folks are frustrated that it seems no matter what success others get-that is NOT good enough. Here are 50 more Batman books.

Folks are frustrated that more folks take issue with a Ms Marvel having unsold copies and not the LARGER pile of unsold Batman books most stores have. I know store owners who are tired of Batman because it's getting to be too much.

Because sooner more than later other fans will get tired of waiting. DC are going to lose them for GOOD to other companies. In fact it already has started. Look at Amazon sales. Remove Batman and DC is barely there in top sales of trades.

What folks want from DC it act like they give a damn about the other franchises. Stop viewing some as a threat to Batman. If Jace Fox has to be Batman to get a black character sales-what does that say about every other black character at DC?
    1. Plenty of other heros get published in minis and black Label or team books.

2. Dc publishes Batman books or make the films on the basis of sales and proven track record. Ultimately fans buy Batman.

3. Lets next approach marvel about spider mans over exposer... oh wait the character sells... how about we complain about Taylor Swifts over exposer? Etc etc

4. Glad to hear your buying the books you do enjoy.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    For anyone who had doubts that Batman has too much influence at Warners, here's your proof. The Peacemaker show wasn't even allowed to make a joke about him:

https://www.cbr.com/batman-jab-peace...-gunn-sell-dc/
    The article straight up mentions that in the end, DC allowed them to include the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by albert View Post
    In the short time that Batman has been around, he has been able to establish a legacy. He is a character that is so well-known that he can be used in any situation.
    I have not read EVERY Batman story ever written, but I'm willing to bet that there have been some situations that Batman had no business being involved in because of his lack of powers, but DC threw him into the story anyway because of his popularity and probably had him playing some huge role. Just because he is well known and more popular than a lot of other characters does not mean (at least to me) that he can be used in any situation.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-16-2022 at 02:24 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    The article straight up mentions that in the end, DC allowed them to include the joke.
    The show was already making fun of other characters before this. Warners and DC didn't have a problem with them.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The direct market for comic books is totally divorced from the mainstream entertainment market. Aquaman can have a billion dollar movie and Green Arrow can have a multi-season television series, but they are not viable properties on the publishing side without getting superstar creators to write them and DC's rolodex for these creators are very thin since Morrison/Johns/Snyder are pretty much gone.

And these sound like more personals issues you have with DC and not actual issues that exist within DC such as their total lack of staff and the current sales driven decision making with them flooding the market with Batbooks.
    Talent development sucks. What happened to all the people from Snyder's workshops? Where's the recruiting going on aside from occasionally poaching Image/Top Cow people? Tom Taylor is the only talent they've developed from obscurity in 20 years and hung onto.

They need to be pulling talent from Kickstarter books and get those people into 15 year relationships, not managing comics like a movie studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    Talent development sucks. What happened to all the people from Snyder's workshops? Where's the recruiting going on aside from occasionally poaching Image/Top Cow people? Tom Taylor is the only talent they've developed from obscurity in 20 years and hung onto.

They need to be pulling talent from Kickstarter books and get those people into 15 year relationships, not managing comics like a movie studio.
    I'm not familiar with in house dc development environment...

Your seriously telling me with all the books that have come out and are coming out that dc isnt developing artists and writers in house?

Tom Taylor hit it big with Injustice and DCeased... no one can point to other talent which has come up?

The show was already making fun of other characters before this. Warners and DC didn't have a problem with them.
    But aren't all companies like that with their top characters? I guarantee you Disney wouldn't want a similar comment being made about Mickey Mouse and Marvel about Spider-Man.

Disney said okay to Luke Skywalker the lonely old hobo who abandoned his friends and tries to kill his students

Much bigger IP than DC was wrecked and yet somehow I doubt Batman would be hurt by being called a pussy which is why the joke is in the show. is the issue DC being competent or not utliizing said competency for characters besides Batman

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    It’s almost comical how they try to shoehorn Batman into everything. But the jokes on them I feel that Batman is in danger of being over exposed. I think it’s because WB has always positioned itself as the edgy alternative to Disney (even going back to the old Looney toons days) Batman fits better into how WB views itself. It’s why WB keep trying to recast it’s heroes into Batman’s mold with mixed results.
    I still am kind of blown away by this. I can't believe I never noticed this before but it's so true lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Disney said okay to Luke Skywalker the lonely old hobo who abandoned his friends and tries to kill his students

Much bigger IP than DC was wrecked and yet somehow I doubt Batman would be hurt by being called a pussy which is why the joke is in the show. is the issue DC being competent or not utliizing said competency for characters besides Batman
    The issue is the fact that Batman is "protected" in a way that no other character is. He gets most of the books and yet no one is allowed to criticize him in the same way they can other characters.
    Assassinate Putin!