Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mighty Member

I feel that Poison Ivy having Phytokinesis/Chlorokinesis puts her way above Batman's paygrade... It also undermines how she is supposed to be a brilliant chemist. Then again, I kind of liked mad scientist Ivy who is plant nuts more than plant goddess...so I suppose that is going against the grain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I feel that Poison Ivy having Phytokinesis/Chlorokinesis puts her way above Batman's paygrade... It also undermines how she is supposed to be a brilliant chemist. Then again, I kind of liked mad scientist Ivy who is plant nuts more than plant goddess...so I suppose that is going against the grain.
    I'm with you. Especially on the second part.

I don't mind Ivy being connected to the Green, but I feel like that connection should be very minor one.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't mind Ivy being connected to the Green, but I feel like that connection should be very minor one.
    So, powerful, but not Swampthing powerful? I can dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Here’s one, training and hand to hand combat is overrated. Being a superhero isn’t a kung fu tournament.
    To me, having mastered 187 forms of martial arts actually sounds less impressive than "he's a kung-fu master."

The big numbers become something abstract, it's hard to wrap your head around, and it feels like it's trying too hard while if you just say he's a master of whatever, it establishes a clear image of what a character can do.

I quoted you. Did you not read your own post?

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    It's likely that most of the characters who don't have a book (with the exception of Tim) probably aren't popular enough to have a book with sustainable sales.

Oh, I guess this is a pretty unpopular opinion here - The Long Halloween animated movie was pretty awful.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Oh, I guess this is a pretty unpopular opinion here - The Long Halloween animated movie was pretty awful.
    Here is an even more unpopulare opinion in regards to the movies. I prefer the animated adaptation of the killing Joke over the animated version of Who Is Under the Hood. Yes, the Killing Joke adaptation feels like two movies, but what is up with omiting the Hyena, Captein Nazi and Deathstroke and keep the Amazo robot in that film. Came of as if they were trying to distance themselves from the wider DC universe at large while at the same time keeping Batman in said expanded universe.

I like the idea of making the rogues sympathetic.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I like the idea of making the rogues sympathetic.
    On that note, a villain like Mr. Freeze has to be used real sparingly... When horrific acts are done too frequently, their sympathetic background turns into whining pretty quickly.

On that note there is nothing wrong with taking sympathy away from a villain either.