Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Default Unpopulare Batman opinions

Here are mine.

10: Supernatural elements are not unfitting for Batman. Stories like the Batman versus the Vampire and night cries are good Batman stories and Nolan did not improve on Ra's Al Ghoul by removing the Lazarous pit but rather subtracted from him.
    9: There is nothing wrong with Batman killing and using guns anymore then it is a problem that Batman is kinda silly and not so bruting. Both the golden age and the silver age are part of Batmans legacy and given how often DC keeps rebooting their universes I honestly don't get why so many fans care about character consistency when the stories in which the characters participate in are constantly switched for new stories in a different continuety.
    8: The Dark Knight returns is about a rich ******* beating up a guy for not being a fascist dictator by stealing all the eletrical power from the people, and I don't like it.
    7: Despite the first Batman story being a Shadow story with a different protaganist I don't think Zorro and the Phantom deserve any less credit for having been obvious inspirations for Batman.
    6: I do not care for sympathetic Poison Ivy. We already got Catwoman as the femfatel character who is not really evil. Poison Ivy does not need the same treatment.
    5: Dennis O'Neil did way more for Batman then Frank Miller ever did.
    4: Year Two is a good story and having Batman using guns is a nice nodd to the golden age of Batmans adventures in that story.
    3: Interpreting the Joker saying ''Sometimes I remember it one way sometimes another'' as something very similar to what we see in his flashback but with a few details being misremembered is just as valid of an interpretation as it perhaps being something completely different that drove the Joker insane.
    2: I prefer Batman being dressed in all black as opposed to the usuall gray and black costume.
    1: I like the multiple costumes and for me that is a part of Batman as much as his sidekicks and rouges are.

Bat family is too big, some folks need to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Obeythemoderators View Post
    6: I do not care for sympathetic Poison Ivy. We already got Catwoman as the femfatel character who is not really evil. Poison Ivy does not need the same treatment.
    She's an enviromental terrorist. We can definitely be opposed to the violence she does, but we have to be sympathetic to her cause

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The Gotham City Sirens have backstories that are sympathetic or can be made sympathetic
    They just have to use the other female villains
    #BringBackJaneDoe
    #UseShaunaBelzerVentriloquist

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The Gotham City Sirens have backstories that are sympathetic or can be made sympathetic
    They just have to use the other female villains
    #BringBackJaneDoe
    #UseShaunaBelzerVentriloquist
    Sorry, I am not a fan of the variation of an already existing villain in female form, with the exception of the Phantasm since she is different enough from the Reaper to be unique.

Dennis O'Neil did way more for Batman then Frank Miller ever did.
    Never a truer word spoken.

To me Batman's no killing rule is one of the most important aspects of his character, along with his hatred of guns.

I despise any theory that the Joker is Batman's opposite, or that they are some sort of supernatural avatars of order and chaos. Batman should always treat Joker as a threat, due to his unpredictability and the fact that he is utterly depraved. However, Batman should have no trouble taking him down in a physical sense. Overpowered, Joker is the worst.

DC needs more outright evil female villains.

I love Nightwing but I don't care for the insinuation in the current arc that Bruce is greedy because he's a billionaire. He's always been shown to be altruistic and charitable in his solo.

The Batfamily needs to shrink, or at the very least it needs to stop growing.

Jason should not be a part of the family until he gets a proper redemption arc, due to violating the no killing rule. Cass and Damian get a pass as they were brainwashed since childhood.

Jim Gordon knows Batman and family's identity, he pretends he doesn't.

I find it very weird that Alfred is much, much closer to Bruce than he is to his biological daughter.

DC need to retire Bane for a few years, then bring him back as a major player again. He was incredible in Knightfall and it makes me sad to see him dumbed down, or treated as little more than a goon.

1- It makes more sense for Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson to see each other more as brothers than the father/son dynamic that's being pushed lately just create "Batdad" wholesome take. Sure there's definitely and father/son vibe between the two but only subtlety and more so on Bruce's part as I don't think a young Dick Grayson would see someone that's usually 12/16 years older than him as a father.

2- I don't mind how Damian Wayne was conceived from a storytelling perspective. Bruce loved Talia but he probably wouldn't have unprotected sex with her so that's why she probably drugged him. This is comics to Talia fans that feel that her character was ruined you honestly can just ignore that detail kinda like we all do when it comes to Batman endangering children. It is what it is.

3- Bruce should definitely sleep with those women he goes out with for the tabloids. Him dipping at the last minute and not actually having sex with them would raise too many suspicions. We always see the Batman part of his life screwing up things for his Bruce Wayne persona would love if a writer would of the opposite and make the playboy shenanigans actually affect his work as Batman

4- Deep down Joker cares for Harley Quinn that's why he never killed her despite being notoriously know for murdering his henchmen

Amazing Member

Joker fall down in chemical acids is dumb i like that the live action versions ignore that One Bad Day is enough to create Joker
    There should be two types of Batman the one that go with the Justice League and fight Aliens the other one that is lone wolf and is a street vigilante
    Nothing justifies Batman for training a boy to fight organized crime with him Dark Victory tried the best but still for live action Kid Robin will be hard to adapt still like the dynamic duo
    Batman franchise should be for adults
    for the exaggerated comic book Joker to work it makes sense that there would be 3 Jokers but still a dumb idea
    Last edited by JediBatman54; 01-10-2022 at 06:53 PM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Catwoman becoming more of a hero makes sense to me, characters like Harley and Ivy do not. Catwoman was never really a killer, Harley and Ivy on the other hand are mass murderers. Sympathetic villain and hero are not the same.

Incredible Member

Here are mine.

10: Supernatural elements are not unfitting for Batman. Stories like the Batman versus the Vampire and night cries are good Batman stories and Nolan did not improve on Ra's Al Ghoul by removing the Lazarous pit but rather subtracted from him.
    I like supernatural stories like vampires with some sense of believability but those would fall in the Elseworlds or DC Black Label category.
    4: Year Two is a good story and having Batman using guns is a nice nodd to the golden age of Batmans adventures in that story.
    I agree Year Two doesn't get the love it deserves, I remember reading it twice first time I bought the tpb, and I enjoy it more than Year One.

2: I prefer Batman being dressed in all black as opposed to the usuall gray and black costume.
    1: I like the multiple costumes and for me that is a part of Batman as much as his sidekicks and rouges are.
    I don't mind the change in suites as long as it serves it's purpose such as Armored or skydiving (Hush storyline) but if we get start getting gonzo with the multicolor suits like Rainbow Batman from the 50's I'm checking out.

Red Hood is a more skilled fighter than Nightwing on many occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Which occasions would you include?

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post

2- I don't mind how Damian Wayne was conceived from a storytelling perspective. Bruce loved Talia but he probably wouldn't have unprotected sex with her so that's why she probably drugged him. This is comics to Talia fans that feel that her character was ruined you honestly can just ignore that detail kinda like we all do when it comes to Batman endangering children. It is what it is.
    Bruce's swift attitude change here is hilarious. Bringing up babies the morning after is a mood killer.

Lol at Talia's and dad's crazy eyes.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Here we go.

Black Mask is super boring and there is literally nothing he can do that the Penguin can't do just as well if not better.

Leslie Thompkins is insufferable and boring.

Mask of the Phantasm is overrated.

Ledger's Joker did not need to be in the sequel to The Dark Knight.

Calendar Man and Maxie Zeus are excellent additions to the Rogues Gallery and should not be treated as jokes.

Christian Bale's Batman Voice is not that bad.

Michael Keaton is a mediocre Bruce Wayne.

Anne Hathaway is the most comic-accurate Catwoman we've had in live-action.

The Animated Series version of Catwoman is a pretty Meh take on the character.

Tom Hardy's Bane is the best adaption of the character.

Batman Return of the Caped Crusaders is better than the Lego Batman movie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post

I think that Dick and Jason are pretty much equal as fighters. I guess that majority think of Dick as better since he has been Batman 2 times now.
    Dick is actually the perfect Batman replacement, for when Bruce needs a break .
    Would really prefer Nightwing in Gotham instead of Bludhaven .
    Bludhaven just doesn't do it for me. And Grayson is very well known in Gotham , especially now that he's a millionaire.