Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    Dark Angel is a nice nemesis to Donna Troy and they've had history going back to Byrne's run on WW. Byrne's inclusion of Dark Angel being a doppelganger of Donna's, specifically the Harbinger of the Anti-Monitor gave the character depth and motivation..
    Im pretty sure that was Phil that added that later in Return of Donna Troy. That is where it was revealed thevHarbinger of that Earth was Dark Angel.

Byrne just created the mess of Dark Angel being an enemy of Hippolyta as WWII Wondy ( via Paula von Gunther?!?) Groan.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What's there to simplify? She's an evil Donna Troy from another universe who wants to ruin the life of our main one?
    I mean, not originally. It was Phil who tried to clean up that mess.

If she was only an evil version of Donna from snother Earth? Fine. Layer in the mirror twin/ revenge on Hippolyta as WWII Wonder Woman/ reliving tortured lives/ but wait it's just the multiverse of Donnas junk? No.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post

Rebooting Donna Troy's origins have been really unsuccessful in the past. Rebooting her origin will just further complicate things. I feel a better approach is to build upon past elements to move the character forward and not be stuck in a origin reboot cycle that makes writers not want to touch her with a 10-foot pole. We need more character-building stories that move her forward instead of revisiting the same story.
    Which is why I just want them to simplify. Orphan. Fire. Rescue. Island. ( and Im ok with a cleaned up Titans seed moment) That's all.

For me, Who is Donna Troy needs to exist. The history it sets is too important to her character.

If we need a Titan seed moment, i say pare it down to just her ( she can be the Titans of Myth champion), and just have Rhea implant the knowledge and powers within her with just a kiss upon her firhead as an infant, moments before Diana rescues her . Donna gets rescued, adopted by Hippolyta, etc etc.

Her latent powers and destiny as the champion of the Titans is revealed as she moves from her WG to Troia phase of her life.

No evil future Troia, no Donna as a weapon. No giving her Diana's clay birth.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Which is why I just want them to simplify. Orphan. Fire. Rescue. Island. ( and Im ok with a cleaned up Titans seed moment) That's all.

For me, Who is Donna Troy needs to exist. The history it sets is too important to her character.

If we need a Titan seed moment, i say pare it down to just her ( she can be the Titans of Myth champion), and just have Rhea implant the knowledge and powers within her with just a kiss upon her firhead as an infant, moments before Diana rescues her . Donna gets rescued, adopted by Hippolyta, etc etc.

Her latent powers and destiny as the champion of the Titans is revealed as she moves from her WG to Troia phase of her life.

No evil future Troia, no Donna as a weapon. No giving her Diana's clay birth.
    this is nearly the same as the one I came up with, except mine has the wrinkle of making it so Donna survived the fire because of being a Titan seed. WW doesn't figure it out until later, it'd start out as weird foreshadowing.