Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Create an origin for Donna Troy

Now I know what you're thinking: Doesn't Donna have enough origins? NO! ENOUGH IS NEVER ENOUGH! GIVE HER ALL THE ORIGINS!

But yeah, this thread is just for fun. Make an origin for Donna, and take it as seriously as you want to.

Retired

The only reason we got all these extra origins for Donna was because they kept messing around with Wonder Woman's origin and truncating her timeline. If Wondy has been around since 1941, then at some point she saved a little girl from a fire and took her back to the island of the Amazons, where she was adopted by Queen Hippolyta and received her training. Later, she took up residence in the U.S., helped out Diana and joined the original Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Donna was saved by Wonder Woman from a fire that killed her family as a child and became Diana's adopted sister. After proving herself worthy, the Amazon modified her with magic and science, making her superhuman.

When Diana was still young, living in Themyscira, the Titan Thia (or someone else) grew to resent her as the most beloved creation of the lesser Olympian goddesses. Desperate to destroy the young child, she conjured a living nightmare to consume Diana and emotionally torture her for the rest of time. The Olympian goddesses (or someone else) couldn't stop or contain the creature, so in shame they created a magic clone for the beast to consume instead, this was Donna Troy. Donna had all of Diana's memories of a happy childhood with the amazons, but her day and night were spent living Diana's worst nightmares, over and over again. The fears and failures that Diana never experienced. Not the destruction of the world, not the death of all her peers, but of being unloved, unwanted, unworthy.

Many years later, when Diana was a hero in Man's world she found out about Donna and through an epic saga managed to free her from the living nightmare. She bonded with Donna and tried to take care of her. Yada yada yada, Donna is brought to man's world and cared for by Diana's friends, she eventually forms the original Teen Titans. She starts a life in our world and through this overcomes her past as a cosmically bullied punching back and stops yearning for the love and happiness that Diana experienced, because she herself gets that in the present. She becomes a hero.

If you want a 2 sentence origin:
    Donna is a magic clone of Diana with all of her childhood memories, but who was raised inside a living nightmare. One day she escaped and started a life in our world while learning to overcome her abused past and come out stronger.

Young girl who Diana rescued from a fire in year two of her career. She survived the fire whereas no one else did due to being the reincarnation of a Titan, which is why Diana took her to Themyscira.

I love the simple existence of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The only reason we got all these extra origins for Donna was because they kept messing around with Wonder Woman's origin and truncating her timeline. If Wondy has been around since 1941, then at some point she saved a little girl from a fire and took her back to the island of the Amazons, where she was adopted by Queen Hippolyta and received her training. Later, she took up residence in the U.S., helped out Diana and joined the original Teen Titans.
    Yeah, but to me it's boring the idea that Donna, an ordinary Human, just... magically gets Amazon powers. Especially if you are going with the idea that WW's powers are divine. Wether blessings of the gods, or a demi-goddess, either way Diana is super-human, by Amazon standards. So for Donna to be her equal Donna needs to also be super. Which is where I'd put in the Rhea thing. Diana finds Donna as the sole survivor in the remains of a burned down house.... because Rhea had imbued Donna with the powers of a Titan Seed. Donna is already super-Human, and that's why she's not dead. Diana takes her to Themiscyra because she knows something is odd, but not what. donna grows up on PI.... etc... eventually Teen Titans and (more) Rhea stuff happens.

I think the only thing I hate about George Perez's run is precisely the cut in the relationship between Donna and Diana. If there are no ties, there is no sisterhood.
    If I have to choose something and since all stories matter, it would be that Donna is a seed of the Titans of the Myth that was sent to Earth, then rescued by Diana and taken to Isla Paraíso where she was trained by the Amazons and received periodic visits of Diana where they forged their sisterhood. Then she is taken to the patriarchal world where she lived and shared adventures with Diana, then she joins the Titans and blah blah blah...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I think the only thing I hate about George Perez's run is precisely the cut in the relationship between Donna and Diana. If there are no ties, there is no sisterhood.
    If I have to choose something and since all stories matter, it would be that Donna is a seed of the Titans of the Myth that was sent to Earth, then rescued by Diana and taken to Isla Paraíso where she was trained by the Amazons and received periodic visits of Diana where they forged their sisterhood. Then she is taken to the patriarchal world where she lived and shared adventures with Diana, then she joins the Titans and blah blah blah...
    I'm actually down with this one the most. In my ideal world, she would legit be Diana's younger Amazonian sister, but I do understand the problems that could present with the clay origin, which I also like (although I probably equally enjoy her being the daughter of Zeus, too). This way, her birth is still literally connected with Greek myths at least.

Is the current DC timeline the one where Diana first made her appearance in patriarch's world in the '40s or something (it's really hard to keep up these days, tbh)? If so, this origin totally works. If she debuts right around the time that Superman and Batman do, though, the only issue would be that Donna wouldn't be old enough to be in the original incarnation of the Teen Titans.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Retired

Maybe Hippolyta had lots of clay.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Like I said in the 2020 one...I'm pulling from Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Keying Donna.

Donna was a Titan child/weapon, some kind of war or something was happening and with the Titans falling and with their last breath, one of them chose to save/hide Donna by sending her to Earth with the hope that Diana/Hippolyta, Amazons would keep her safe. Reality was altered and Donna and everyone around her were given false memories so that they would believe she had always been present as Diana's younger sister. The Titan used Diana as a template to create Donna's physical body, making them biological sisters

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-07-2022 at 04:24 PM.

DONNA TROY

Real name: Donna Darnell-Troy, formerly 'Donna Magna of House Pompeius'

Occupation: Adventurer, Lifestyle blogger, Photojournalist, Royal Princess of the Amazons

Marital Status: Widowed

Known Relatives: Queen Hippolyta (adoptive mother), Sextus Pompeius Magnus (father), Lady Scribonia (mother), Princess Diana - Wonder Woman (sister), Zeus (godfather), Queen Antiope (aunt), Pompeia Magna (sister), Virbius Rex (cousin), Mala (sister), Daniel, Lord of Dreams (nephew, alternate universe), Nubia (sister), Artemis (sister), Poseidon (uncle), Hunter Prince (future nephew)

Base of Operations: Gateway City, California (USA) and mobile

Group Affiliation: Amazons of Themyscira

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 135 lbs

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Black

First Appearance: The Brave And The Bold, Issue #60 (1965)

Donna Troy/Wonder Girl story: Neal Adams, Teen Titans #22 (Aug. 1969, DC Comics)

Created by: Robert Kanigher, Bob Haney, Bruno Premiani

H I S T O R Y

Origin: In ancient Rome, military leader, Sextus Pompeius Magnus devoted his life to defeating the imperial ambitions of Julius Caesar and his nephew, Octavian (future Emperor of Rome, Augustus), during the last civil wars of the Roman Republic. His was the last organized resistance to the formation of the Roman Empire.

In 36 BC, Octavian's fleet had destroyed all, but seventeen of Sextus's ships, in storms, at the legendary Battle of Naulochus. One of them, The Troy, carrying his newborn daughter, Donna Magna, to an Amazon outpost in Asia Minor, ..was attacked, as Sextus watched from shore! As the doomed vessel vanished into the maelstrom, seemingly forever, he cried out to Minerva, to deliver Donna to the protection of the Amazons!

Hoping to reunite his family, after Naulochus, the Roman revolutionary set sail for Asia Minor, ..but, he would never see his precious daughter, again.

Miraculously, the still-burning Troy reappeared, centuries later, in stormy seas, near Themyscira Isle, home of the Amazons! After pulling little Donna from the flames, young Amazon Princess Diana (Wonder Woman) carried the babe, to her mother, Queen Hippolyta, ..who adopted Donna and raised her, as her own daughter.

When Princess Donna was old enough to ask, Hippolyta told her the strange story of how she had come to the Island ..and of her father's heroism, in ancient Rome! Donna learned that, when her ordeal on the Troy had left her, near death, her 3,000 warrior sisters made the ultimate sacrifice, for her - that Mala had modified the Purple Ray to impart a portion of each Amazon's awesome power to Donna, ..saving her life! She would spend her girlhood, honoring their courage - training to be among the fittest and fiercest of the Amazons - and, for a time on time-lost Themyscira...

She, Diana and Hippolyta would be inseparable.

Discovering the Purple Ray had unexpectedly endowed her, with abilities, nearly as terrific, as Wonder Woman's, teenaged Donna decided it was time to return to the world, Sextus Pompeius had tried to save ..and followed Diana into Man's World!

There, 'Donna Troy' befriended and saved the life of US Air Force Intelligence officer, General Phillip Darnell, a friend of Diana's, who welcomed the girl into his small family and became her legal guardian, in the United States. Roaming the world's bleakest war zones, ancient ruins and top-secret military bases, with her adoptive father, Donna grew up, learning mankind's darkest and strangest secrets, while secretly battling the forces of evil, with Darnell, Wonder Woman and the New Teen Titans, ..as Wonder Girl.

Now, a trend-setting lifestyle blogger (with 'Roar' blog) and crusading photojournalist, Donna Troy honors her freedom-loving Amazon creed and Roman heritage, using her powers to fight injustice and oppression, wherever it's too long ignored...

As TROY!

P O W E R S | W E A P O N S

Powers and Abilities: Trained by Amazons, Troy is a highly skilled huntress and warrior. Infused, by the Purple Healing Ray, with powers, similar to Wonder Woman's, she has superhuman strength, speed, agility, senses, endurance and an accelerated healing factor, as exhibited in battles with gods and monsters. Supernatural communion, with Greek goddess Artemis, gives her kinship with wild beasts. While she can fly, under her own power, she can also glide on wind currents, for limited periods of time, and physically endure the pressures of the ocean depths, when swimming.

Weapons: Troy's magic Lasso of Persuasion compels sentient beings to obey her commands. Her indestructible, Amazonium metal sword and bracelets can repel bullets and other weapons, like lasers and energy blasts.

From 'Fantasy Secret Files' by Mel Dyer (Wondabunga)
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-08-2022 at 02:37 AM. Reason: content, style
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I'd base her origins on Julia's: while still a toddler Donna went sailing with her parents on the Ionian Sea but fell overboard due to a sudden storm and was rescued from drowning by Thetis who put her on Themyscira where she was found by teenage Diana.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Dorothy Hinkle is a pregnant teenager who knows she doesn't have long to live, she only hopes she can make it to the birth of her daughter. Fascinated by Wonder Woman, she prays to the gods of the Amazons, however it is not an Olympian who hears her, but rather the Titan Mnemosyne, who promises Dorothy her daughter will be remembered and glorious. Dorothy makes her way to a hospital ER where she collapses, rambling about the goddess who is going to save her daughter. Unfortunately, Dorothy dies and Donna is placed in foster care. She is adopted by Carl and Faye Stacey, however Carl is killed shortly after and Donna is once again placed in foster care where she becomes part of a child trafficking ring. Mnemosyne whispers to Diana and leads her to a building where Donna is held along with other children. However when Diana arrives she finds the building is on fire, Donna is unharmed, her captors and everyone else though are dead. Diana takes Donna back to Themyscira where she is raised by the Queen.
    Unbeknownst to Diana, Hera witnessed Mnemosyne speaking to Diana and became outraged that a Titan would involve the Amazons in their business. She had dispatched the Siren/Muse Thelxinoë to the building and caused the captors to turn on each other and set the building on fire. Neither she nor Hera had counted on the enchantments of Mnemosyne saving Donna. However, on Themyscira, Donna was protected and beyond the physical influence of Thelxinoë, but not the mental influence (Thelxinoë is known as the mind charmer in mythology.) On the island, Donna grows and develops beyond any normal human girl, thanks to the blessings of Mnemosyne. Thelxinoë whispers into Donna's dreams and nightmares setting up doubt as to who she is and where she belongs. At one point she convinces Donna that she is simply a magical duplicate of Diana, which causes Donna to flee the island. It's at this point that Donna finds and befriends Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, Wally West and forms the original Teen Titans.
    Angered at her continued prosperity, Thelxinoë continues to haunt Donna beyond Here's orders, her own appearance warping at her hatred for the young woman and becoming known as the Dark Angel. Away from Themyscira, Thelxinoë was able to more effectively influence Donna and those around her, thinking this would cripple Donna. So while Donna's actual history never changes, her memories and those of the people closest to her blur and shift so that everyone has a different memory of what Donna's origin is. Despite the newly christened Dark Angel's meddlings, Donna continues to prosper, she continues to draw people to her.
    At one point, the Titans of Myth, reach out to Donna bringing her to New Chronus and revealing her as a Titan Seed. After the battle for New Chronus, Donna returns to Earth and takes up her life again now under the name Troia. Donna's life continues to be affected by the Dark Angel who causes drama. She inflicts her mind charming on Donna's husband, Terry who leaves and divorces her, Donna loses custody of her son. With each emotional defeat, Dark Angel becomes more and more bitter that Donna still managers to persevere. Finally Donna is killed by a rogue Superman robot and Dark Angel is convinced she has finally won. However, the Titans of Myth had received a message from an oracle stating they would be destroyed if they did not leave this plane of existence and that Donna was the key to their escape. It was the instance of pulling her spirit from her body back to New Chronus that made it seem as if the Superman robot had killed her. On New Chronus, Donna is made whole again and is brainwashed to help the ToM.
    Donna returns to earth with Dark Angel once again enraged at her ability to overcome. She is visited by the Queen of Fables who makes a bargain with her and the two begin to warp Donna's reality. This time, with the power of the interdimensional sorceress aiding her, Dark Angel re-writes everyone's memories of Donna. Now even Diana and the Amazons believe Donna is a magical creation made to destroy them all. Thinking this will finally cause Donna's downfall, however, true to her form, Donna (as well as those who love her) accept Donna as she is despite the meddling of the two.
    (The rest of the story would involve Donna starting to remember all her supposed lives which with the help of Mnemosyne who leads her to the Queen of Fables and Dark Angel. Donna (along with Diana, Cassie and Artemis) defeat the pair and everyone remembers Donna's actual history. Blessed by Mnemosyne at birth for her mother's faithfulness then rescued by Diana who was lead to the fire by Mnemosyne and raised by the Amazons until she left the island to become Wonder Girl.

I'm not sure this is any less convoluted, but it does reconcile everything into one cohesive story (I think any way.)

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Like I said in the 2020 one...I'm pulling from Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Keying Donna.

Donna was a Titan child/weapon, some kind of war or something was happening and with the Titans falling and with their last breath, one of them chose to save/hide Donna by sending her to Earth with the hope that Diana/Hippolyta, Amazons would keep her safe. Reality was altered and Donna and everyone around her were given false memories so that they would believe she had always been present as Diana's younger sister. The Titan used Diana as a template to create Donna's physical body, making them biological sisters

I love this and I hate I never made that connection since I'm a Buffy fan too.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8