Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Create an origin for Donna Troy

Now I know what you're thinking: Doesn't Donna have enough origins? NO! ENOUGH IS NEVER ENOUGH! GIVE HER ALL THE ORIGINS!

But yeah, this thread is just for fun. Make an origin for Donna, and take it as seriously as you want to.

Retired

The only reason we got all these extra origins for Donna was because they kept messing around with Wonder Woman's origin and truncating her timeline. If Wondy has been around since 1941, then at some point she saved a little girl from a fire and took her back to the island of the Amazons, where she was adopted by Queen Hippolyta and received her training. Later, she took up residence in the U.S., helped out Diana and joined the original Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The only reason we got all these extra origins for Donna was because they kept messing around with Wonder Woman's origin and truncating her timeline. If Wondy has been around since 1941, then at some point she saved a little girl from a fire and took her back to the island of the Amazons, where she was adopted by Queen Hippolyta and received her training. Later, she took up residence in the U.S., helped out Diana and joined the original Teen Titans.
    Yeah, but to me it's boring the idea that Donna, an ordinary Human, just... magically gets Amazon powers. Especially if you are going with the idea that WW's powers are divine. Wether blessings of the gods, or a demi-goddess, either way Diana is super-human, by Amazon standards. So for Donna to be her equal Donna needs to also be super. Which is where I'd put in the Rhea thing. Diana finds Donna as the sole survivor in the remains of a burned down house.... because Rhea had imbued Donna with the powers of a Titan Seed. Donna is already super-Human, and that's why she's not dead. Diana takes her to Themiscyra because she knows something is odd, but not what. donna grows up on PI.... etc... eventually Teen Titans and (more) Rhea stuff happens.

I think the only thing I hate about George Perez's run is precisely the cut in the relationship between Donna and Diana. If there are no ties, there is no sisterhood.
    If I have to choose something and since all stories matter, it would be that Donna is a seed of the Titans of the Myth that was sent to Earth, then rescued by Diana and taken to Isla Paraíso where she was trained by the Amazons and received periodic visits of Diana where they forged their sisterhood. Then she is taken to the patriarchal world where she lived and shared adventures with Diana, then she joins the Titans and blah blah blah...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I think the only thing I hate about George Perez's run is precisely the cut in the relationship between Donna and Diana. If there are no ties, there is no sisterhood.
    If I have to choose something and since all stories matter, it would be that Donna is a seed of the Titans of the Myth that was sent to Earth, then rescued by Diana and taken to Isla Paraíso where she was trained by the Amazons and received periodic visits of Diana where they forged their sisterhood. Then she is taken to the patriarchal world where she lived and shared adventures with Diana, then she joins the Titans and blah blah blah...
    I'm actually down with this one the most. In my ideal world, she would legit be Diana's younger Amazonian sister, but I do understand the problems that could present with the clay origin, which I also like (although I probably equally enjoy her being the daughter of Zeus, too). This way, her birth is still literally connected with Greek myths at least.

Is the current DC timeline the one where Diana first made her appearance in patriarch's world in the '40s or something (it's really hard to keep up these days, tbh)? If so, this origin totally works. If she debuts right around the time that Superman and Batman do, though, the only issue would be that Donna wouldn't be old enough to be in the original incarnation of the Teen Titans.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Retired

Maybe Hippolyta had lots of clay.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Like I said in the 2020 one...I'm pulling from Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Keying Donna.

Donna was a Titan child/weapon, some kind of war or something was happening and with the Titans falling and with their last breath, one of them chose to save/hide Donna by sending her to Earth with the hope that Diana/Hippolyta, Amazons would keep her safe. Reality was altered and Donna and everyone around her were given false memories so that they would believe she had always been present as Diana's younger sister. The Titan used Diana as a template to create Donna's physical body, making them biological sisters

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 01-07-2022 at 04:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Donna was saved by Wonder Woman from a fire that killed her family as a child and became Diana's adopted sister. After proving herself worthy, the Amazon modified her with magic and science, making her superhuman.

When Diana was still young, living in Themyscira, the Titan Thia (or someone else) grew to resent her as the most beloved creation of the lesser Olympian goddesses. Desperate to destroy the young child, she conjured a living nightmare to consume Diana and emotionally torture her for the rest of time. The Olympian goddesses (or someone else) couldn't stop or contain the creature, so in shame they created a magic clone for the beast to consume instead, this was Donna Troy. Donna had all of Diana's memories of a happy childhood with the amazons, but her day and night were spent living Diana's worst nightmares, over and over again. The fears and failures that Diana never experienced. Not the destruction of the world, not the death of all her peers, but of being unloved, unwanted, unworthy.

Many years later, when Diana was a hero in Man's world she found out about Donna and through an epic saga managed to free her from the living nightmare. She bonded with Donna and tried to take care of her. Yada yada yada, Donna is brought to man's world and cared for by Diana's friends, she eventually forms the original Teen Titans. She starts a life in our world and through this overcomes her past as a cosmically bullied punching back and stops yearning for the love and happiness that Diana experienced, because she herself gets that in the present. She becomes a hero.

If you want a 2 sentence origin:
    Donna is a magic clone of Diana with all of her childhood memories, but who was raised inside a living nightmare. One day she escaped and started a life in our world while learning to overcome her abused past and come out stronger.

Young girl who Diana rescued from a fire in year two of her career. She survived the fire whereas no one else did due to being the reincarnation of a Titan, which is why Diana took her to Themyscira.

I love the simple existence of this thread