Page 49 of 229 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    My bad if someone already mentioned this somewhere, but Joshua Williamson did a new interview on the comics conspiracy podcast about dark crisis. One of the things I found interesting was him saying he thinks the reason people think there is too many bat books is because so many family group titles like green lantern and teen titans have shrunken to only 1 book. He says DC is aware of that and a lot of it is because of layovers due to COVID around when infinite frontier was starting and they are getting to be in a better place and the line should reflect that next year.

That said, and this is just my own opinion now, I do hope the merger with Discovery doesn’t affect anything on that front.
    Was the Bat office relatively unaffected by the layoffs? I’m not sure I totally buy this, some of the Batman books, like that Fortress book, feel like they were pitched for other characters and DC told them to focus on Batman instead. But if they’re planning on making the line more equal then I’m happy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. There should be four Super books (Action, Superman, Supergirl and Superboy, which can star Clark, Jon, Kara and Conner respectively), two Green Lantern books, three Wonder Woman books, two Teen Titans books, two Justice League books, two Flash books. Not 15 Bat books!
    I think there should be all of those books and that they sell as well or better than the 14th or 15th Batman series. Until they do though, this isn't happening and it shouldn't happen. We need our comics companies to stay in business. DC isn't publishing so much Batman because they hate other characters, they're doing it because Batman sells very well and those others don't.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I think there should be all of those books and that they sell as well or better than the 14th or 15th Batman series. Until they do though, this isn't happening and it shouldn't happen. We need our comics companies to stay in business. DC isn't publishing so much Batman because they hate other characters, they're doing it because Batman sells very well and those others don't.

I have to agree that DC publishes so much Batman related stuff, because it sells more than anything else.
    They will keep doing it until Batman is overexposed , which can happen eventually.
    DC is in business to make money , I don't think that it matters all that much to them what they're publishing.
    I would like to see another Clark/Superman book and another GL title too .

Astonishing Member

With this amount of announcements, I guess we're getting solicits this week?

Astonishing Member

Solicits information has been moved to the 31st century.

Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another, that DC has been messing around...

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    With this amount of announcements, I guess we're getting solicits this week?
    Should be tonight, considering we got Marvel's yesterday.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Matt Reeves announces 'The Batman' tie-in comic Riddler: Year One by Paul Dano coming this October

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-ba...o-matt-reeves/

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I have to agree that DC publishes so much Batman related stuff, because it sells more than anything else.
    They will keep doing it until Batman is overexposed , which can happen eventually.
    DC is in business to make money , I don't think that it matters all that much to them what they're publishing.
    I would like to see another Clark/Superman book and another GL title too .
    To a large degree, this.

As a business, you try to meet the demand for your product with a (roughly) equal supply. The Bat sells and demand remains high so of course DC will push that brand harder than all the others. That is right and correct, and anything else would be folly.

Where DC has gone wrong, I believe, is that they've allowed their other IP to suffer due to that high Bat demand. It's one thing to publish more Bat books than anything else when you're just meeting consumer demand. Pepsi makes more Pepsi than they do Mountain Dew and that's fine; you lean into your biggest product. But we've had a steady supply, for many years, of DC dumping on other heroes so Bruce can look cooler. The end result of that is people think the company doesn't care about the other brands, and if the company itself doesn't care about other IP, then why should consumers?

That was DC's mistake; they sacrificed everyone else at the alter of their #1 brand in an attempt to solidify that ranking and keep Batman's brand strong. It's like if Pepsi ran ads telling us not to buy Dew because Pepsi is better and more popular. It doesn't really help sales on Pepsi, it just reduces sales on Dew, and the company makes less money. And now, only Bat books seem able to consistently break into the Top 50.

There's such a thing as brand awareness, but brand *trust* and *loyalty* is also a big thing. Consumers won't have any trust or loyalty for a product the producer doesn't seem to have any faith in, and whether they did it on purpose or not, that's what DC's actions have looked like to a lot of people. For years. The only surprising thing is that it took so long for the house of cards to start wobbling. Hopefully the new regime at DC can correct things before it all collapses.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySpectre View Post
    Matt Reeves announces 'The Batman' tie-in comic Riddler: Year One by Paul Dano coming this October

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-ba...o-matt-reeves/

Actors writing their characters a lot lately.

Paul Dano has written plenty of other stuff previously , just not comic books

Who are the other actors writing their characters? The only example I recall is Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Paul Dano has written plenty of other stuff previously , just not comic books

Who are the other actors writing their characters? The only example I recall is Dreamer
    The Luke Fox actor from Batwoman, Camrus Johnson.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Also, there was a page of absence excuses in the Stargirl Spring Break Special, written by Brec Bassinger, who plays Stargirl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

More detail on Riddler : Year One

• 6-issue bimonthly series under DC Black Label.
    • Artist is Sevan Subic.
    • This series explores the background of how accountant Edward Nashton went from a simple Gotham City nobody to becoming Batman’s nemesis, setting them on a collision course in the blockbuster feature film.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...limited-series

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    The Luke Fox actor from Batwoman, Camrus Johnson.
    Danny Devito for that Penguin story in the recent Bat-Villain anthology.