Page 128 of 229 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3423

As far as I can tell, once JL vs Legion finishes, he's gone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    What are his lows? I'm geniunely curious, I've generally liked everything he's written.
    Waid is pretty open about when he’s whiffed it. His 5th Week Event called ‘The Silver Age’ is a good example, as are his attempt at a sequel/prequel to Kingdom Come called ‘The Kingdom’, which was so mediocre it pretty much scuttled the possibility of Hypertime ever being used on a large scale. Waid’s also been less than complimentary towards his later Flash run and his subsequent return to the character after Didio’s idiotic plan to age up Bart and make him Flash crashed and burned.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    My dream is that one day people will realise that Waid is a mediocre writer.
    I haven't read much from him, but for long lasting ongoings it is sometimes better to have writer who can reliably put out the "meat and potato" super hero stories, than a "super star writer".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Waid is pretty open about when he’s whiffed it. His 5th Week Event called ‘The Silver Age’ is a good example, as are his attempt at a sequel/prequel to Kingdom Come called ‘The Kingdom’, which was so mediocre it pretty much scuttled the possibility of Hypertime ever being used on a large scale. Waid’s also been less than complimentary towards his later Flash run and his subsequent return to the character after Didio’s idiotic plan to age up Bart and make him Flash crashed and burned.
    Thanks. Admittedly there was a bit of bias clouding my view, as I've deliberately avoided reading his weaker stuff (I still ahven't read The Kingdom, for example).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    For what it's worth, I really enjoyed Waid's work on 'The Kingdom.' Individual mileage varies.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Didn't Bendis say in some podcast, that he's done with writing for DC? And I guess his latest work looks more like finishing stories he started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ok, my only reaction to this is...

"Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Outside of Naomi, he didn't do anything worth noting during his time at DC. Not going to be missed.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

I don't hate bendis but he should just do Marvel AU's.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Outside of Naomi, he didn't do anything worth noting during his time at DC. Not going to be missed.
    He was far past his prime when he left Marvel and I think the hope was that a new universe to play in would revitalize him. Unfortunately it didn't happen.

I loved the voice he gave Superman. He was witty/funny but not a quipper, he was confident but not arrogant, and both strong and compassionate. Sadly, the actual stories weren't good. I hope we never hear about Rogol Zar and d-bag Jor El ever again. Though I do think that starting the United Planets in modern times was a good idea because the cosmic side of the DCU has been in the gutter for decades and needed something to shake things up. It can't all just be Green Lantern.

His Legion was crap and I hope the rumored LoS project can bring back the classic version.

Naomi was ok, but now that the show is cancelled I don't see the character going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    He was far past his prime when he left Marvel and I think the hope was that a new universe to play in would revitalize him. Unfortunately it didn't happen.

I loved the voice he gave Superman. He was witty/funny but not a quipper, he was confident but not arrogant, and both strong and compassionate. Sadly, the actual stories weren't good. I hope we never hear about Rogol Zar and d-bag Jor El ever again. Though I do think that starting the United Planets in modern times was a good idea because the cosmic side of the DCU has been in the gutter for decades and needed something to shake things up. It can't all just be Green Lantern.

His Legion was crap and I hope the rumored LoS project can bring back the classic version.

Naomi was ok, but now that the show is cancelled I don't see the character going anywhere.
    The worst part of his time at DC was that his books were just boring. From his Superman to the JLA, i never read a book of his that i was enthusiastic about. He made the Young Justice book, one of my favorite teams, absolutely dull.

And the decision of aging Jon might not be solely his, but it went into his resume. Also, he made the Flash say "caca poo poo".
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

He could surprisingly write Superman well and he seemed to, as always, have big ideas...but the execution wasn't there and honestly a lot of what he did with DC felt like a waste in the end.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The worst part of his time at DC was that his books were just boring. From his Superman to the JLA, i never read a book of his that i was enthusiastic about. He made the Young Justice book, one of my favorite teams, absolutely dull.

And the decision of aging Jon might not be solely his, but it went into his resume. Also, he made the Flash say "caca poo poo".
    Young Justice!! I was SO hyped to see the book........ and then I read it.
    I stuck with it for 12 issues, but it was so bloody boring! A group with that many great characters and he managed to suck every last bit of fun out of it.

Same with his Checkmate. I thought 'perfect fit' this will be right up Bendis' alley, it's going to be brilliant.
    Again, BORING. As much as I wanted to, I just couldn't get invested in the story or the characters involved. (Which is damning as I love GA and Manhunter)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He could surprisingly write Superman well and he seemed to, as always, have big ideas...but the execution wasn't there and honestly a lot of what he did with DC felt like a waste in the end.
    And do we even know which big idea was his and what came from Didio or other editors?

With his quippy writing style, strength with street level characters, and love of Green Arrow I think it’s a huge missed opportunity to not have him on a GA book or mini series.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think we got one great Batman story and a handful of pretty great Superman issues, even if they were swimming in a sea of mediocre ones.