Page 93 of 229 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3423

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What, if anything, did Bendis not screw up during his time at DC?
    Take confort in the pòssibility than Bendis is leaving in august. Maybe. I wish at least.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Back in Rebirth JSA didn't come through because of the combination of Doomsday Clock taking too long, Didio taking the reign again and Johns become only a writer, and Snyder using them in Justice League, which leads to Death Metal, which initially supposed to lead to 5G, so basically it kept getting delayed, plans changed, while they were reestablishing the timeline for 5G

Now that's cancelled... after that...

The Stargirl Spring Break Special happened, but Williamson made the story of missing JSA, so he's using them in Infinite Frontier, where the main story continue to Justice Incarnate, and now the story continue in Dark Crisis

I don't actually remember what happened to JSA in Frontier. I remember Alan and Obsidian looking for Jade. Turns out she was kidnapped by Bones... because something something timeline and reincarnation. Bones is tired of being rebooted and he something something. I don't remember.

Anyway, the story became about the coming of Great Darkness now, after they found out what Darkseid is afraid of

So the JSA got delayed again because of that

Now, Johns plan to use them in his story, away from the Dark Crisis. So I guess this is where the JSA ended up after they're tangled in the Infinite Frontier-Justice Incarnate plot?

I guess that's one way to do it, having their own corner, because if they're in Earth-0 they're just not gonna be prioritized again and kept getting delayed again

The JSA being missing shouldn't affect Stargirl's solo. Red Arrow was her co-star, not any established JSA folk. And it doesn't contradict Infinite Frontier, which had Courtney as one of the few JSA members who did report in and isn't missing (Jesse Quick and Jakeem Thunder were in that list too - both have been used in other books, even if only briefly).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What, if anything, did Bendis not screw up during his time at DC?
    If not for Bendis we probably wouldn't have gotten Dial H for Hero and Jimmy Olsen. No, we got more bad than the good, but arrival of Bendis wasn't all bad.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If not for Bendis we probably wouldn't have gotten Dial H for Hero and Jimmy Olsen. No, we got more bad than the good, but arrival of Bendis wasn't all bad.
    Agreed. As underwhelming as a lot of Bendis's DC output ended up being, he co-created Batman Universe and made Jimmy Olsen, Wonder Twins, and Dial H For Hero possible.

That's a fair trade off in my books

Wonder Comics was a great thing conceptually even if it didn't last long and Bendis' YJ was so middling.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wonder Comics was a great thing conceptually even if it didn't last long and Bendis' YJ was so middling.
    Yeah, his greatest strength proved to be wrangling talent together for other projects... Lois Lane notwithstanding, to my eternal chagrin.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, his greatest strength proved to be wrangling talent together for other projects... Lois Lane notwithstanding, to my eternal chagrin.
    Ah yes, the stealth Renee Montoya solo...

The word Cat is on a door in the Lois preview, I assume that means her boss is Cat Grant?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The word Cat is on a door in the Lois preview, I assume that means her boss is Cat Grant?

catco? Supergirl TV show did it
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Catco exists in the comics too. In fact Kara had an internship there in her Rebirth run, just like Lois will in that OGN.

Thoughts:

- I wonder if this is a stealth-sequel to that Brittney Williams Lois GN. Also, "small-town girl?" I never really think of Lois as a small-town girl since that's more of a Clark thing. Will Clark actually show up in this? If she's working at CatCo, will Cat show up in this? I wonder if she ends up leaving for the Planet by the end of the book.

- So Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass except if Harley had split-personalities. Still got "Jack" for Harley and Pam for Harleen. Looks like they're keeping her being a gymnast to explain the stuff she pulls off as Harley. I really like the art style.

- So Virgil already has his powers? Is he already Static? Is the "reluctant rapper" Rubberband Man?

Extraordinary Member

Seems the fall out from Batman: Damned killed a Batman/Sin City crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Seems the fall out from Batman: Damned killed a Batman/Sin City crossover.
    That was a small price to pay.
    Get it? "Small".
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin