Page 10 of 229 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wonder if they told Johns he could only do a Flashpoint sequel as long as it was Batman centered. You'd think they wouldn't try to dictate to him of all people what to do especially when it's an out of continuity story that he originally created, but who knows with DC.
    I don't think the sequel was Johns's ideas. He has clearly stepped back from DC and is busy with Stargirl. I think editorial/management are the ones that want a Flashpoint sequel to tie-in with the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I don't think the sequel was Johns's ideas. He has clearly stepped back from DC and is busy with Stargirl. I think editorial/management are the ones that want a Flashpoint sequel to tie-in with the movie.
    If he didn’t want to do it he wouldn’t. He let King and Williamson play with “his” toys in The Button. The press release said it was Johns who wanted to do something with Thomas Wayne and Flashpoint again, this seems to be something he pitched to them. They’ve already got a 2022 event coming by Williamson after all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You and me both...but I guess they need something to tie-in to the movie.
    Addendum, Flashpoint shouldn't be the first, or really any, Flash movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I don't think the sequel was Johns's ideas. He has clearly stepped back from DC and is busy with Stargirl.
    I'm assuming you mean just the TV show version (since there hasn't been any word of the Stargirl comic book hinted at 8 months ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Addendum, Flashpoint shouldn't be the first, or really any, Flash movie!
    Preaching to the choir, Dred...

In 2021 I have been looking at what sells on Amazon rather closely and unfortunate reality is that Flashpoint is consistently in DC's Top 50 (currently even has two editions in DC's Top 50) and often makes general superheroes Top 50. I have not seen anything else Flash related in those Top 50 charts and event comics rarely make those charts as well. Snyder's Metal is there, but most of the collections are fairly new so I think its not clear yet if it will have the staying power. Anyway, with that in mind it is probably surprising not that we got a Flashpoint sequel, but that we got it only now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller..._zg_hrsr_books

Edit: To clarify a bit, Amazon's classification is often weird. For example currently All Star Superman is selling better than Flashpoint, but for some weird reason it is not listed under "DC Comics & Graphic Novels" category. So you could argue that there are more such omissions and technically Flashpoint is not in DC's Top 50, but I think it doesn't change the fact that its more than 10 years since Flashpoint was published and it is still selling.
    Last edited by HsssH; 01-16-2022 at 03:50 AM.

Flashpoint is the biggest Flash story the general public knows (on account of the New 52 and the animated movie). Despite people online dumping on it, the story remains by far the most popular Flash story and one of DC’s most popular events. Which is why I’m expecting this sequel to sell well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Flashpoint is the biggest Flash story the general public knows (on account of the New 52 and the animated movie). Despite people online dumping on it, the story remains by far the most popular Flash story and one of DC’s most popular events. Which is why I’m expecting this sequel to sell well.
    And also because of the TV show which adapted Flashpoint and had it make a massive impact on the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Thomas is the only thing that really lasted from Flashpoint. If you are doing a sequel to it then who else you are going to focus on? Emperor Aquaman?
    Unsurprisingly, considering the universe effectively rebooted immediately afterwards. Thomas is only still around because they started rolling things back in Rebirth.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm assuming you mean just the TV show version (since there hasn't been any word of the Stargirl comic book hinted at 8 months ago).
    Seriously - instead of waiting until he's got time to do the script, have him do just the basic plot and get someone else (Robbie Thompson would do, he was Red Arrow's last main writer having taken over Teen Titans from Adam Glass) to actually write the script. Then it could actually come out in a timely manner.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unsurprisingly, considering the universe effectively rebooted immediately afterwards. Thomas is only still around because they started rolling things back in Rebirth.
    Well that and Thawne is a real jerk

Last edited by sifighter; 01-16-2022 at 12:47 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    He's a super not-nice guy.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

I had to search and find out where this mess came from . . . looks like King's mess in Batman #84?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I had to search and find out where this mess came from . . . looks like King's mess in Batman #84?
    To sum it up this is Thomas as he was dying during the Button Crossover event but King retconned that Thawne was such an evil man that he saved Thomas and forced him to live in the main dc universe. Thomas then conspired to break Bruce by teaming up with Bane in a ridiculously complicated plan so that Bruce would retire from being Batman. But he failed and went to jail.

Later during Infinite Frontier an agent of Darkseid who would revealed as Cameron Chase of Earth-2, going by X-tract, kidnapped him but he escaped and is now working with the Justice League Incarnate multiverse team and learning the lesson of Bruce was always meant to be Batman according to the multiverse and what he did was wrong. Currently he’s trying to stop Darkseid from gaining some unknown power, and then after that he’s dealing with a resurrected Flashpoint universe.

And no he has no plans of seeing Bruce again, he supposedly learned his lesson and realized he really screwed up in King’s run.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Let me guess, JSA cancelled and there will not be any Wildstorm books but eight new titles of Bat & Super characters
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4