Page 155 of 229 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3423

So we are all in agreement that the editors and this writer need to get the boot ,OR atleast move on to characters they actually like and understand
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So we are all in agreement that the editors and this writer need to get the boot ,OR atleast move on to characters they actually like and understand
    I would say see this out and her first arc in Tim's book.

I think there has to be an endgame to all this. You don't do all this without a reason.

Otherwise I agree with you.

This keeps happening too much. However if you are DC and the trades sell like we saw with the trashing of Black Panther for 6 years (and that was before the movie came out)-why would you change?

Yeah you are chasing off actual fans but your trade sales (more than floppy) says it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Apparently, Mickey Mxyztplk (Dark Crisis: Young Justice) is a metacommentary on fans who are “stuck in the past” and want comics to be the way they remember them — as opposed to the way they actually were.
    If anyone has this opinion, it's a pretty silly criticism. I'm a fan that is stuck in the past and I want comics to be the way I remember them, but I remember them exactly the way they were because I actively still read old comics. As would any fan that prefers a different era. Old media is so easily available to consumers now that when someone says they like how something was made in the past, they probably aren't misremembering or misrepresenting what they want.

I want so badly to find current DC appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Meghan Fitzmartin is the new bendis. She just does her own thing.
    Oh no, far worse. I haven't seen someone this terrible at DC since Cecil Castelluci. Remember Cecil's terrible Furies mini?
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ic-dc-1182038/
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Wasn't Cecil's Batgirl run criticised too?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If Castellucci wanted to write some young adult fanfic about the Furies, cool, at least they didn't put her on a flagship title like Robin. The fact that they keep hiring people like her and Fitzmartin though seems concerning.

Hey at least Johns is back. I guess.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-21-2022 at 03:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    It's me being petty but if Dick and Kory's wedding had to be shut down then the same should happen to Dick and Babs, fair is fair.
    How is it 'fair' to Dick? Messing up two weddings just makes him look far worse. You need to let go of Dick and Kory, it hasn't been a thing for decades, and given the recent issue of Nightwing concluded with Dick and Babs pretty much solidifying they'll always have a lifelong partnership, it's 'fair' to say DC are adamant on who Dick's one true love and endgame will be and it'll never be Starfire. Nor should it be.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 09-21-2022 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    How is it 'fair' to Dick? Messing up two weddings just makes him look far worse. You need to let go of Dick and Kory, it hasn't been a thing for decades, and given the recent issue of Nightwing concluded with Dick and Babs pretty much solidifying they'll always have a lifelong partnership, it's 'fair' to say DC are adamant on who Dick's one true love and endgame will be and it'll never be Starfire. Nor should it be.
    I'm not against Dick and Babs, but it always gets me how much Kory had to suffer for it because of how much Dick wanted to be with Babs.

Babs' line about wanting to free Dick from Bruce's toxic programming that "we can't be happy" was money. DC making fun of themselves at least shows they're self-aware if nothing else. Not that it makes them look any less awful when it comes to how they handle the Bat family's personal relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I say it was fair to Dick? No, I said I'd be fair if editorial can completely mess up one relationship because they so choose to do so then the other should get the same treatment.

And, Dick and Kory have been a thing in outside media adaptions, how else would I be aware of their relationship?

I think the idea superheroes can't be happy and marriages can't stick should be dropped but I don't particularly care about a relationship that required Babs to be aged down twice just to have her and Dick not come across as weird. Even if he's not with Kory, and personally I care more about her being able to have love interests and stories outside of him, I find the Nightwing-Batgirl dynamic convoluted and simply a way to keep Dick in the Batfam which is just a larger issue with how he's been handled over the years.

Doesn't help they've failed to make up for the handling of Kory along with that, no reason her character shouldn't have progressed the way she should've with or without him.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Deaging Babs wasn't necessary to keep the relationship from feeling weird. Once you're in your 20s, you can have a four or five year Gap in ages without it being unusual.

The rest comes across to me like shipping wars.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Babs' line about wanting to free Dick from Bruce's toxic programming that "we can't be happy" was money. DC making fun of themselves at least shows they're self-aware if nothing else. Not that it makes them look any less awful when it comes to how they handle the Bat family's personal relationships.
    I'm tired of characters blaming all their emotional hangups on Bruce and acting like he doesn't want the people he loves to be happy.

Of course, while the characters committing to the idea that they can be together and happy is great, it's just hard for me to invest in it knowing it never lasts one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Deaging Babs wasn't necessary to keep the relationship from feeling weird. Once you're in your 20s, you can have a four or five year Gap in ages without it being unusual.

The rest comes across to me like shipping wars.
    The de-aging seemed to me like it was something they wanted for the animated series, and the comics later decided to follow it (probably because most people who saw the cartoon before actually reading the comic books expected it to be that way in the comic books).

Astonishing Member

Prefer Starfire with Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Prefer Starfire with Dick.
    Seconded. Heaven forbid that someone venture outside the Bat family of titles.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest