Page 192 of 229 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3423
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I enjoyed his Superman run and Wonder Comics imprint, but DC scrapping 5G I think caused him to lose enthusiasm and his JL run flopping meant the new regime didn’t see him as a big deal. Weird he only did a few Batman stories instead of a proper run.
    I think so too, his Batman Universe was so good I wish he had a chance to write more

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I agree to an extent. I feel like Bendis took wrong roads. Instead of taking on the biggest names at DC, I would have loved to see what he could have done with some of the second tier or lower. I would have loved to see what he could have done with Green Arrow or the Question. He excelled at younger characters (case in point Ultimates Spider-Man and X-Men). What could he have done with say Tim Drake if given a full series to run with (hopefully something better than Drake lol and I will take his YJ ten million times over what we have just gotten.)
    omg, if he wrote a Tim solo book I'd lose my shit.

Bendis is very good at writing teen drama and having the younger bat-family involved would have been so good

Incredible Member

I find the Sahzam book interesting from a business perspective because, now it has a top team at its helm (arguably the top team at DC right now) it will put to the test whether other characters that have nothing to do with Batman (or Superman) can sell well nowdays.

Who else might you want to do an ongoing with?

I'm always trying to weave. Whenever I get used to something, like even Danger Street. I've done so many series that are from one perspective. Mister Miracle, Strange Adventures has two perspectives, but it's usually one person and their journey. Vision. Rorschach. [With] Danger Street, I was like, "I want to do 24 different perspectives." Just to keep yourself on your toes, to never relax into anything, never repeat yourself, to not be a rerun of who you were.

In my new DC contract, I was like, "Alright, I've taken five years off doing these miniseries." If I just keep doing miniseries for the rest of your life, you're gonna get bored of, "Tom takes an obscure character and makes them sad." That's going to, at some point, wear off. So I did talk to DC about doing some ongoings, and they said, "Yes." Yeah, there are some big ongoing announcements coming. I'm coming back to the ongoing eventually. It's fun playing in the main DC Universe. It has its own challenges and fun, but it's fun.
    From the new CBR interview with King. Looks like he has a new exclusive contract and for his next phase he seems to want to be back in the mainline DC. Only two new announced books so far from him are Batman books lol, for all his talk about shaking things up he’s still playing it pretty safe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

In twitter the Doom Patrol writer has confirmed that the suited character is Crazy Jane with a new personality: The Chief. It will be interesting to see her in the role, hope this new alter ego isn't a bastard like Caulder.
    https://twitter.com/dennisculver/sta...63616162533376

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I'm curious what's happening to WF.
    Mora seemed to be suggesting on Twitter that working on Shazam won't affect World's Finest at all - which would be remarkable if true!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    In twitter the Doom Patrol writer has confirmed that the suited character is Crazy Jane with a new personality: The Chief. It will be interesting to see her in the role, hope this new alter ego isn't a bastard like Caulder.
    https://twitter.com/dennisculver/sta...63616162533376
    Hmmm. That’s an interesting idea. I hope she still has other personalities to choose from. Maybe that’s just the new dominant personality. Wonder what happened to Niles.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Dawn of the DCU announcements: 20 new titles

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/11/18/dc...ve-dawn-of-dc/
    Oh WOW there's a lot of exciting stuff here!

Spectacular Member

This also ain’t representative of the entire slate of Dawn of the DCU

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

If Superman gives Nightwing permission to have the titans be the main DCU team, why are they operating in bludhaven and not the hall of justice?

Is Mariko Tamaki a writer a 43 year old guy would enjoy? I've never read her stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Is Mariko Tamaki a writer a 43 year old guy would enjoy? I've never read her stuff.
    The only thing I have read from her is I am Not Starfire, which was not my cup of tea. Take that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Well I'm about a decade younger and I've never read anything she's done either. People seem rather mixed on her, some praise her Detective Comics and to a degree Wonder Woman run, others say she's terrible. I have no expectations since I'm not familiar with her work, so I'd give her a 100% fair chance since I have no idea what she'll do. Then again Robert Venditti's initial GL run was weak, but when he started writing Hal 'N Pals, he was much better. I'd never read any of his stuff either and he pleasantly surprised me.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-18-2022 at 04:58 PM.

This Knight makes me think a Batman event, I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If Superman gives Nightwing permission to have the titans be the main DCU team, why are they operating in bludhaven and not the hall of justice?
    Because Taylor wants to save the city...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Because Taylor wants to save the city...
    Yeah, solicits for 100 say he is setting up a team because his archnemesis is setting up base in the city.

I also suspect it is not like the Titans are literally taking over the Justice League role, and there is probably a reason why there is no official Justice League and instead we will see a building up of multiple teams/families of heroes.