Page 1 of 229 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Rumours and news about DC Titles: 2022 edition

Well, I thought we needed another new thread of rumours around DC titles for 2022

Maybe we'll have a new big event? More Mark Waid titles? Grant Morrison rereturning after last time they said they did their last work for DC? Who knows! Venture into the mistery! Welcome to DC!

Sadly we start the year with a bad foot: the official cancelation of the JSA series

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    This is an official tweet from Bryan Hitch:

https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...52284780855299
    The JSA book teased in Stargirl is unfortunately officially cancelled. No word on Courtney's solo book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    lol, you've copy pasted that word for word from my post in the "Is there any real chance JSA will get a book?" thread. The link is broken! Working link:
    https://twitter.com/THEBRYANHITCH/st...52284780855299

Maybe some mod should lock 2021 thread so that people don't post in both threads.

Well, this is start with the wrong foot.
    With some luck maybe a new team will be announced midyear.

(And for !=@ç!< sake, don't let Bendis write it!! It would be the worst possibility ever!!).
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

All-New Member

I love the JSA concept but I’ve accepted DC doesn’t know what to do with them: as such im okay if they don’t return in a book. However, I think there’s tons of opportunity to revive infinity inc. i love those characters and they are not direct equivalents to any other characters. I was so excited to see Alan, jade and obsidian back in infinite frontier. I think the surviving JSA characters should play support roles in the ii book to dimensionalize the characters. Just a few requests…keep power girl and huntress out of the book; as characters, they are destroyed. Also no stargirl please….I’d rather have Sylvester pemberton back

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This is just me speaking from the outside, so if JSA hasn't appeared for years, then the target audience should be old fans. What does that mean, I don't know, that would be you guys to answer.

The question is DC interested in that, or do they see that this team hasn't appeared for a decade, so people who love them have moved on, so might as well just do something else rather than trying to salvage old fans, or trying to attract the new fans

Because... my image of JSA as someone who don't know is WWII and predecessor, and that means, if I'm looking at it from the whole DCU point of view, at this point they should be mentor supporting characters, meaning no book. (or, as above, just target the older fans who already know them)

So they're not attracting me with just that image.

As for the younger generation JSA, who should be targeted at me if we're talking by age, I also don't know what they should do, because if you're asking me what would make me buy a JSA, my quick answer would be fold them into Justice League and have the cast rotate every arc, because I'm not buying two books.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The most successful JSA run took the originals but also introduced legacy characters for them to bounce off.
    It presented the opportunity to portray the characters first introduced in the 40s and 50s as STILL relevant but also inspiring the new guys.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I think DC should start with a World War II JSA book to help reintroduce readers to the magic that helped launch the JSA in the first place. Then about a year or two later, give us another book with the modern team.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

At the very least, PLEASE have Stargirl's book launched in time for her third TV season!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This is just me speaking from the outside, so if JSA hasn't appeared for years, then the target audience should be old fans. What does that mean, I don't know, that would be you guys to answer.

The question is DC interested in that, or do they see that this team hasn't appeared for a decade, so people who love them have moved on, so might as well just do something else rather than trying to salvage old fans, or trying to attract the new fans
    That should have NOTHING to do with it and DC would be called OUT on it.

Did we NOT see Sugar & Spice in DC's Legends of Tomorrow comic in 2016???

Who were NOT since the 90s (and not mentioned by named)?

Over at Dynamite Barbarella was NOT seen in comics since Ronald Reagan was President-yet has had comics since 2017 more solo comics than every female member of Teen Titans and JSA.

Squirrel Girl and Rocket Raccoon went more than a decade NOT being in books. Squirrel Girl is New York Times bestseller and almost had her own tv show.

Noting is wrong with JSA-except no one wants to greenlight a book. They held it's own for two runs in the 2000s to the tune of over 100 issues and spunoff 4 books.

Salvage old fans? DC has been doing that at the expense of others since Dan was around.

Flash and Green Lantern would not be in the mess they are in if DC did NOT go after Silver Age fans.

Nevermind. Not worth it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-08-2022 at 01:55 PM.

I would LOVE a new JSA book but personally I think we dodged a bullet. Hitch’s art in the early 2000s was some of the best around, but his recent stuff has been pretty bad. Wasn’t a fan of the redesigned costumes he gave some of the JSAers. Why is Alan wearing a tunic?!?

Yes, Johns is arguably the best JSA writer ever but you can guarantee there would have been huge delays with the series. Comics are pretty far down on his to-do list. We probably would have gotten 6 issues a year if we were lucky.

From INFINITE FRONTIER 04Screenshot_20220108-213946.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Because... my image of JSA as someone who don't know is WWII and predecessor, and that means, if I'm looking at it from the whole DCU point of view, at this point they should be mentor supporting characters, meaning no book. (or, as above, just target the older fans who already know them)

So they're not attracting me with just that image.

As for the younger generation JSA, who should be targeted at me if we're talking by age, I also don't know what they should do, because if you're asking me what would make me buy a JSA, my quick answer would be fold them into Justice League and have the cast rotate every arc, because I'm not buying two books.
    I would say the Stargirl show has done a good job of introducing new fans to the JSA. Or at least I hope it has.

Mighty Member

Chance to get those runs:

Cassandra and Stephanie Batgirls run: Took about 9 months since Infinte Frontier.
    Wally West Flash solo: 5 years since DC Rebirth.
    JSA run: Until the end of the world.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    From INFINITE FRONTIER 04Screenshot_20220108-213946.jpg
    You sure ? I don't found the picture in the comics.