Page 204 of 229 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3423

Has anyone asked you to silence your voice?

Even if you are the only one here expressing the views that you do, that's fine; so long as you're considerate of others, that's what matters.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    You think i am the only WW fan that feels this way? Go to her cbr page. And even better. Join the contless debates with so many fans on social media like twitter. Not all of us are buyng everything a company throws at us, acting like everything is fine. But i understand. Most of you comic lovers seem to be unable to see the flaws in the industry. Including how much sexism has been ironically involved in WW's history with DC. It's hard to judge a media that you like, i get it. But i will not silence my voice because some people don't like it.
    Unless they all get on the stick, and create an account on this forum?

"They.." are not "Us..."

Because they are not here to hope one way or another.

As for the folks that are on the forum?

It really feels like only one person really hopes "Diana Never Has Another Solo Title..."/"Diana Is A Total Lost Cost..."/"Diana Should Be Killed Off..."

So, I don't really feel like there is a "Let's..." there.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Unless they all get on the stick, and create an account on this forum?

"They.." are not "Us..."

Because they are not here to hope one way or another.

As for the folks that are on the forum?

It really feels like only one person really hopes "Diana Never Has Another Solo Title..."/"Diana Is A Total Lost Cost..."/"Diana Should Be Killed Off..."

So, I don't really feel like there is a "Let's..." there.
    I am not the only one in the forum who feels this way.

I never got the impression that the "comic lovers" here buy everything companies throw at them or least of all act like everything is all fine and dandy. lol

Twitter is a toilet. It's redundant what it has to say about anything. Which makes its tendency to pretend to be speaking for everyone else or act like it has some kind of foothold over the cultural landscape that much more amusing.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-01-2022 at 02:12 AM.

BANNED

DC have three Free Comic Book Day Titles next year

-Dawn of DC book by various, an original story as well as title previews
    -Lois Lane: Girl Takes Over Sampler
    -Clark and Lex/Fann Club Sampler

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/scoo...ng-dawn-of-dc/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    DC have three Free Comic Book Day Titles next year

-Dawn of DC book by various, an original story as well as title previews
    -Lois Lane: Girl Takes Over Sampler
    -Clark and Lex/Fann Club Sampler

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/scoo...ng-dawn-of-dc/
    Even their GN's! Neat .

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

70 years of bad treatment and sexism is a reason more than big enough.

And if they will force comics to be like the movies, expect WW to be even weaker thanb she already is in the comics. This character is a lost cause at this point. Kill her and use yarda and nubia from now on.
    If the last 70's years have been nothing but bad treatment then what is there to be a fan of?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    If the last 70's years have been nothing but bad treatment then what is there to be a fan of?
    "Look, I gave them 70 years to figure it out. I'm finally out!"

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    There were very few moments like perez, ruka, jimenez, simone runs. I wasn't even alive in the 50s, 60s and 70s. So those runs were my introduction to the character. But overall? it is crazy how badly she has been handled when you start doing research.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 12-01-2022 at 02:05 PM.

I mean, as a fan I'd prefer to keep reading about Diana personally, even if I agree DC can do better by her at times.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Which I guess I can sort of get. There were only one or two "Comics..." folks talking about just how bad the AMC "Preacher..." show was.

That said, I always knew that I was really one person complaining about a show that most folks were just fine with.
    Ooh no, I was on that train. It was yuck city.

PS - Everyone's ignore list getting a workout, I bet.

BANNED

I don't want to sound like I'm falling back on the "it could always be worse" argument, because you can say that about anything and it isn't a proper justification for bad stuff, but as I see it, Wonder Woman and her fans have it pretty darn good as far as DC characters and their fans go.

She is CONSTANTLY in publication with her own solo adventures, a staple on DC's biggest team, and regularly present in DC's marketing campaigns and whatever initiative, big stories, or whatever DC is doing. She has her own solo movies and TV show, and she is, again, a character you can depend on to be there in whatever Justice League cartoons are made. She doesn't have a bunch of confusing alternates who can legitimately usurp her position at editorial whim. She has tons and tons of collectibles dedicated to just her and you can always count on more being made.

That's more than can be said for most of the characters.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

There were very few moments like perez, ruka, jimenez, simone runs. I wasn't even alive in the 50s, 60s and 70s. So those runs were my introduction to the character. But overall? it is crazy how badly she has been handled when you start doing research.
    Perez's run was 6 years, Rucka and Simone each had three and Phil Jimenez had two...which is fourteen solid years of good stories.

On top of that, the original run by William Mouton Marston was actually one of the better golden age runs in terms of actually entertaining stories so that's another six years.
    Kurt Busiek and Trina Robbins Legend of Wonder Woman was only four issues but it was amazing.
    Jill Thompson had a really great run that lasted for three years.
    And Messner-Loebs had a pretty good stretch as well.

That's 26 1/2 years of comics.

And that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure if I "did some research" I'd find even more.

Any way you slice it that's more than a "few good moments" and is a list of talent that a lot of characters would be lucky to have.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Compared to WHO????????

There are about to be 800 solo issues of Wonder Woman.

At least she got Perez, Simone, Ruka & Jimenez.

At least there can be a discussion over a story with Wonder Woman.

Cry us a river about Wonder Woman not having stuff....

While other characters have dealt with toxic fans, toxic employee, racism, sexism and all sorts of discrimination.

Nowhere at DC has anyone HIRED a person to write Wonder Woman-who HATED her like Marvel does with Black Panther.

Even at her worst those writers still love and respect that character and are trying their best. Not bury her for OOC and pet projects or use her book as a stealth book like Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Ooh no, I was on that train. It was yuck city.

PS - Everyone's ignore list getting a workout, I bet.
    Fair enough.

There were around "Three..." of us.