Page 13 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Jackson, Jo and Yara might take over for a while.
    With Batman it's interesting, because it's the main book, and it doesn't seem like they're going to let Jace headline it, otherwise Ridley would get the book instead of Williamson. Maybe Bruce is the one who survives.
    And I have no idea about Action Comics, I hope Warworld Saga wasn't cut short.
    Yara's a newbie and hasn't even taken the Wonder Girl name yet, let alone Wonder Woman. Donna would make much more sense at the present time. Jackson makes sense though since he recently upgraded from Aqualad to being a second Aquaman, just like how Jon became Superman, plus he was the one shown to have Andy as a sidekick (Aqualass) in Future State prior to her becoming Aquawoman and joining the League. And it's true that there's nothing preventing Jon, Jo, and Jace being there. It just can't be the exact Future State roster.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

JL as a book getting benched for a while feels like a good thing, book has just been running in place since Snyder’s run ended. Hope when it comes back it comes back with a plan. No clue how this book is going to fit into the timeline but I’ve long since stopped caring about such things they’ll probably just say “time is broken!” again like they did during Death Metal. Personally I hope we get the Future State JL lineup.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yara's a newbie and hasn't even taken the Wonder Girl name yet, let alone Wonder Woman. Donna would make much more sense at the present time. Jackson makes sense though since he recently upgraded from Aqualad to being a second Aquaman, just like how Jon became Superman, plus he was the one shown to have Andy as a sidekick (Aqualass) in Future State prior to her becoming Aquawoman and joining the League. And it's true that there's nothing preventing Jon, Jo, and Jace being there. It just can't be the exact Future State roster.
    If they are replacing them with legacy characters there is like a 0% chance they go with Donna over Yara. Nubia would be more likely than Donna.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    I like it, in concept. The League has been kind of "blah" under Snyder and Bendis. Which is not a typical message board attack on either, I've enjoyed a lot of work from both of them. I just don't feel they ever really made the JL feel "big and important" to the readers. Just my opinion.

So, this can act as a palate cleanser, clearing the concept off for a few months. And then come back with a clean(-ish) slate in the late summer/fall. Hopefully, with a mix of traditional members and some new blood.

I totally agree. Neither Snyder nor Bendis impressed me much with their runs on the Justice League title. They weren't awful but I feel like they could have done better. It didn't help that both writers got stuck with a plethora or rotating artists to boot.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    If they are replacing them with legacy characters there is like a 0% chance they go with Donna over Yara. Nubia would be more likely than Donna.

Good point. I would certainly prefer to see Nubia on the League instead of Yara.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

In terms of current continuity, yeah, Nubia also makes more sense than Yara.

I know Naomi's a rookie, but at least she had a stint on Young Justice first. Yara's literally just getting started.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Let me guess - JL disappears, new generation takes over for a while, when during Crisis they get their asses kicked by Darkseid/Empty Hand/whoever is going to be antagonist of this ****, and original JL returns to save the day.
    They will most likely "disappear" into another universe or dimension so there will be a Justice League Lost book with the traditional characters while the new generation take up the Justice League mantle

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Phillip Kennedy Johnson is insisting on twitter that this will make sense with what’s happening in action comics and there won’t be any retcons involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I totally agree. Neither Snyder nor Bendis impressed me much with their runs on the Justice League title. They weren't awful but I feel like they could have done better. It didn't help that both writers got stuck with a plethora or rotating artists to boot.
    While Snyder’s overall was meh, his run at least had direction and felt like it was driving DC forward. Bendis on the other hand hasn’t done much with it, very glad it’s ending with a tie in to infinite frontier.
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 01-19-2022 at 10:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    They will most likely "disappear" into another universe or dimension so there will be a Justice League Lost book with the traditional characters while the new generation take up the Justice League mantle
    There won't be any Justice League book for a while, Williamson confirmed it.
    I guess new generation will use different name for their team.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Likely they’ll end up in the same dimensional prison/fake realities that Barry is trapped in.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obvious set-up for the Future State roster. If you ask me, though, Superboy-Prime should be on the team instead of Jon “Aged Up” Kent!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

There won't be any Justice League book for a while, Williamson confirmed it.
    I guess new generation will use different name for their team.
    While no JL book, I’m sure we’ll get one shots and tie-ins with the aftermath.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That HAS to be a fakeout.
    I don't see why. I mean, it really doesn't make any sense with what's happening in the solo books - a bunch of reset buttons will have to be hit just for them to be in a position to be wiped out - but it wouldn't be the first time a stunt took precedence over everything else. Just because it's daft doesn't make it impossible.

I presume Action Comics will just ignore this and keep running with a "this takes place before JL #75" note, John S will be cycled out of being the co-lead in GL, and editors will make vague reference to things taking place before and after in other places (Batman and Deathstroke Inc - where Black Canary is a cast member - are the most interesting in that respect, since they're written by Williamson himself).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Likely they’ll end up in the same dimensional prison/fake realities that Barry is trapped in.
    This.
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 01-19-2022 at 10:50 AM.

Given they specifically mention Yara in the article I think this will be the event that pushes Yara to become WW. Maybe we can get a Trinity book where Jon, Jace, and Yara team up to try to fill the gap left by the JL?

Hey how about blowing everyone's mind and letting the YJ generation take over. Crazy I know, but they been doing it longer than the new "cool kids" and need to get their "step up", this could be how they do it.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.