Page 18 of 94 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 1404
  1. #256
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    The article on the DC Comics website confirms they are:



    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2022/0...ic-in-universe



    That's not totally true. There was the Arrow 2.5 comic that filled in the gaps between Season 2 and 3 was written by Marc Guggenheim, who I think was show-runner at the time.

    The Arrow: Dark Archer series was written by John Barrowman and he'd said at the time it was canon/he'd discussed the backstory with the show's producers.

    And there was the Crisis on Infinite Earths tie in co-written by Guggenheim and confirmed to be canon at the time, focusing on characters whose actors' they hadn't been able to get back.
    Didnít that Crisis tie-in, which was in the Walmart books right, had the green lantern corps in it if I recall.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  2. #257
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Didn’t that Crisis tie-in, which was in the Walmart books right, had the green lantern corps in it if I recall.
    I think they were referenced...and maybe the movie version appeared on-panel.

  3. #258
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they were referenced...and maybe the movie version appeared on-panel.
    We saw Killowag, Sinestro, and the Guardians on Earth-12



    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  4. #259
    Incredible Member Twice-named's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's neat that they're doing an Arrowverse comic with writers from the show. It might be fun .
    Yeah, I’m glad it’s show writers writing. Better chance the characterization is consistent with the show.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

  5. #260
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    26,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It doesn't sound good that PKJ was in the known and Thorne wasn't. We still don't know if he is staying past GL #12, right?
    Maybe PKJ actually talked directly with Williamson at some point but Thorne hadn't for whatever reason?
    Who knows if DC editorial had anything to do with who talked directly with who or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    From the DC Connect #21 synopsis . . .
    . . . It doesnít look like there will be a JSA series launching in April . . .
    No big surprise there, unfortunately . . .

  6. #261
    Incredible Member Captain Midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Beach Haven NJ & Casablanca Morroco
    Posts
    544

    Default

    A new Stormwatch series replaces Justice League in June 2022 & Tom Brady signs with the Jets next year and takes them to to the Super Bowl !! Sorry if they were suppose to "serious" rumors lol
    Be yourself everyone is taken !!

  7. #262
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    The Joker #14 is listed as the final issue in the new solicits but it will apparently return: The Joker is calling it quits on his ongoing comic, but will back for a second "season"

  8. #263
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    A new Stormwatch series replaces Justice League in June 2022 & Tom Brady signs with the Jets next year and takes them to to the Super Bowl !! Sorry if they were suppose to "serious" rumors lol

    Not even Tom Brady can help the Jets win a Super Bowl or a playoff game , LOL 😂

  9. #264
    Mighty Member Swamp Thing 2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Impenetrable Coccoon of Feelings
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Out of all the alternate Earths to showcase, they picked the one Iím least interested in LOL.
    Plus it feels wrong to have the CWverse take the Earth Prime name.
    It was initially Earth-1 (Earth-38 for Clark and Kara, and an unknown Earth for Black Lightning), but following Crisis, the main Earths melded into Earth-Prime. So it's had the name for about two years, in canon.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

  10. #265
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    16,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The Joker #14 is listed as the final issue in the new solicits but it will apparently return: The Joker is calling it quits on his ongoing comic, but will back for a second "season"
    Expected, Tynion said he’d be wrapping up his time with Joker in April. Guessing we’ll get a relaunch with a new writer. If I was DC, I’d put Ram V on this, dude took over the JLD without missing a beat, might as well try that again.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  11. #266
    Extraordinary Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    It was initially Earth-1 (Earth-38 for Clark and Kara, and an unknown Earth for Black Lightning), but following Crisis, the main Earths melded into Earth-Prime. So it's had the name for about two years, in canon.
    Yeah, but not in comics canon. The Earth-1from the show was never supposed to be the same as the comics one. Now it seems in the Multiversity map in the comics, the CWverse are taking the Prime name that used to mean a completely different concept.

  12. #267
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    85,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Expected, Tynion said he’d be wrapping up his time with Joker in April. Guessing we’ll get a relaunch with a new writer. If I was DC, I’d put Ram V on this, dude took over the JLD without missing a beat, might as well try that again.
    Matthew Rosenberg has been co-writing it (and I think he just did another Joker-focused series with the Puzzle Box comic) so I wonder if it'll be him.

  13. #268
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,646

    Default


  14. #269
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, but not in comics canon. The Earth-1from the show was never supposed to be the same as the comics one. Now it seems in the Multiversity map in the comics, the CWverse are taking the Prime name that used to mean a completely different concept.
    But the multiverse from the comics is different to the live action multiverse. Just like Earth-1 from Arrowverse wasn't the one from the graphic novels of the last decade, this Earth-Prime is a different one.

    It is not a problem, since the Arrowverse was never a part from the Multiverse's map, unlike the DCAU.

  15. #270
    Incredible Member Twice-named's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Yeah, I’m down for this.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •